Bund, Tbond e la matrixiana allo yen vm18 (1 Viewer)

gipa69

collegio dei patafisici
Fleursdumal ha scritto:
Bonjour a tout les bondaroles

pazzesco come stanno rivoltando verde e rosso

MUTUI:CRISI SUBPRIME,MAGGIORE INTERVENTO BCE DOPO 2001
(ANSA) - ROMA, 9 AGO - L'immissione di liquidità fatta oggi
dalla Bce è la più grande che abbia mai effettuato in una
singola operazione. Alle banche dell'eurosistema che temono una
rarefazione della liquidità per un allargamento della crisi dei
mutui subprime sono stati concessi 94,841 miliardi di euro, una
mole di liquidità seconda solo a quella immessa sui mercati
subito dopo l'attacco terroristico alle Twin Towers dell'11
settembre 2001: in due operazioni, il 12 e 13 settembre, allora
la Bce fornì liquidità per 69 e 40 miliardi. In totale 109
miliardi di euro.

FED: 12 MLD DLR PRONTI TERMINE, OVERNIGHT SOPRA TASSO BASE
(ANSA) - ROMA, 9 AGO - La Federal Reserve ha effettuato un'
operazione di rifinanziamento pronti contro termine di durata 14
giorni, con un' iniezione di liquidità per 12,0 miliardi di
dollari. I Fed Funds, il tasso overnight, ha aperto al 5,5%, 25
punti sopra il tasso-base.

scusate ehhhh :D :D

1186673909subprime.gif

quicksilver

Forumer storico
Futures Usa, schizza probabilità taglio Fed a settembre

CHICAGO, 9 agosto (Reuters) - Le quotazioni dei futures sui
tassi Usa a breve termine hanno subito un forte rialzo, facendo
schizzare verso l'alto la probabilità implicita di un
allentamento monetario a settembre, in scia alla nuova ricaduta,

questa volta in Europa, della crisi del settore dei mutui
'subprime'.
I guadagni futures, paralleli al rally dei Treasuries Usa,
rispecchiano il brusco rialzo dei tassi nel Vecchio Continente,
dopo che la banca francese Bnp Paribas ha congelato i
propri
fondi legati al mercato dei subprime. La Banca centrale europea
è stata costretta a iniettare fondi extra nel sistema per
calmierare i tassi.
Le ultime quotazioni dei futures <FFV7> riflettono una
probabilità implicita del 62% che la Fed
decida un taglio dei
tassi d'interesse nella riunione di settembre.
Le prospettive per un taglio dei tassi a settembre sono
arrivate fino al 72%. Un taglio dei tassi in ottobre <FFX7> è di
nuovo prezzato per intero dopo che questa probabilità era
scesa
bruscamente dopo l'ultimo Fomc Fed.
I futures suggeriscono che c'è una probabilità su due che la
Fed abbassi i tassi d'interesse di 50 punti base entro la fine
dell'anno.
Nel mercato circolano inoltre voci secondo cui la Fed
potrebbe
considerare, in via eccezionale, un taglio dei tassi
nel periodo compreso tra i due meeting del Fomc, per
stabilizzare una situazione di liquidità sul mercato del credito
che appare in costante peggioramento.
"I fed fund stanno prezzando una
possibilità del 60% per
settembre, ma questo segue il 'front end' della curva in quanto
Treasuries e [tassi] Eurodollaro sono in forte rialzo", commenta
Rudy Narvas, analista di 4Cast.

Fleursdumal

फूल की बुराई
perfetta correlazione inversa S&p500 - jpy , quella tra SP500 e T-bond si è invertita rispetto a ieri ed è diventata diretta
la cosa più impressionante è come fanno correre il mSpoore rispetto al nasdaq e al russell che in teoria dovrebbero essere più volatili ma nettamente meno liquidi

Fleursdumal

फूल की बुराई
Kafka-esque undertones to the subprime mess

Fasten your seatbelts, comments Marketbeat. There are so many moving parts to this financial machine that we’re in need of a diagram, but the short version is that the ECB has seen something that’s spurred it into action.

That emergency issue of €95bn in loans to European banks was meant to be a calming measure, but thus far seems to have had just the opposite effect.

The move in Europe, says Gaffen, has more people wondering whether the Fed might follow suit in providing extra liquidity to markets.

We wonder what Slate.com’s Daniel Gross reckons the odds are.

Given that US Treasury secretary and chairman of the Fed play important symbolic roles as knowledgeable guardians of the global financial system, “it’s scary how little they seem to know”, he wrote earlier this week.

Speaking in China last week, Treasury secretary Henry Paulson reminded journalists that “in today’s world, it’s quite easy to stay close to the markets, and it’s my job to be vigilant and stay close to the markets.”

But the experienced, vigilant market watchers have been incredibly slow to recognise the spread of the poisonous fallout from the subprime meltdown, notes Gross. Testifying on March 28, Bernanke said: “At this juncture, however, the impact on the broader economy and financial markets of the problems in the subprime market seems likely to be contained.”

The same day, Paulson told the House of Representatives that “from the standpoint of the overall economy, my bottom line is we’re watching it closely but it appears to be contained.” In May, Bernanke returned to the containment theme, saying: “We do not expect significant spillovers from the subprime market to the rest of the economy or to the financial system.” A few weeks later, he reiterated that “the troubles in the subprime sector seem unlikely to seriously spill over to the broader economy or the financial system.”

On July 26, Paulson told Bloomberg, “I don’t think it [the subprime mess] poses any threat to the overall economy.” In China last week, he revised and extended his remarks: “I also said I thought in an economy as diverse and healthy as this that losses may occur in a number of institutions, but that overall this is contained and we have a healthy economy.”

If the containment policy of the Cold War era worked as well as this subprime-mess containment policy, “we’d all be speaking Russian and living on collective farms”, notes Gross.

So far, he observes, the subprime catastrophe has been “contained” to the growing list of subprime lenders that have failed. And to some pretty big hedge funds in New York, Boston, and Australia that traded the toxic junk produced by the subprime lenders. And to the investment banks that managed some of those hedge funds and lent money to them. And to some nonsubprime lenders, the biggest of which, Countrywide Financial, last month reported declining earnings because of rising defaults. And to smaller nonsubprime lenders like American Home Mortgage, which just five weeks after assuring investors it would stabilise, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on Monday. And to the more than 6,000 laid-off American Home Mortgage workers, who, before last week, were utterly insulated from the ravages of the subprime market. And to a German bank. And to the career of Warren Spector, the former heir apparent at Bear Stearns. And to publicly held homebuilders—downscale ones like Beazer, and upscale ones like WCI Communities, the builder of “amenity rich” condos whose board in April dismissed a $22-per-share takeover offer as inadequate. Now the stock trades at about $6.60.

Everywhere you look in the nation’s vast financial FIRE (finance, insurance, and real estate) sector, in fact, it seems the subprime crisis is “contained”, notes Gross: “The virus infecting subprime housing debt has now clearly spread to subprime corporate debt. Citigroup and other large investment banks are suddenly finding it difficult to sell the debt they’ve committed to raise for private equity firms so they can buy other companies. Of course, this particular spot of bother is contained merely to the stock of the Blackstone Group, which borrows heavily to finance its deals. And to shareholders of companies waiting for buyouts to be completed, like Sallie Mae and TXU. And to companies that have nothing remotely to do with subprime, or buyouts, such as the department store chain Macy’s, which, like the stock market as a whole, was kept aloft by rumors that a private equity firm might buy it.”

Bernanke and Paulson aren’t entirely wrong in insisting that the subprime mess is contained, concludes Gross: “The virus, which traces its origins to unhealthy lending practices, is contained - to any entity whose livelihood, business model, or stock value rests primarily on the cheap and easy availability of credit.”

masgui

Forumer storico
Fleursdumal ha scritto:
Kafka-esque undertones to the subprime mess

Fasten your seatbelts, comments Marketbeat. There are so many moving parts to this financial machine that we’re in need of a diagram, but the short version is that the ECB has seen something that’s spurred it into action.

That emergency issue of €95bn in loans to European banks was meant to be a calming measure, but thus far seems to have had just the opposite effect.

The move in Europe, says Gaffen, has more people wondering whether the Fed might follow suit in providing extra liquidity to markets.

We wonder what Slate.com’s Daniel Gross reckons the odds are.

Given that US Treasury secretary and chairman of the Fed play important symbolic roles as knowledgeable guardians of the global financial system, “it’s scary how little they seem to know”, he wrote earlier this week.

Speaking in China last week, Treasury secretary Henry Paulson reminded journalists that “in today’s world, it’s quite easy to stay close to the markets, and it’s my job to be vigilant and stay close to the markets.”

But the experienced, vigilant market watchers have been incredibly slow to recognise the spread of the poisonous fallout from the subprime meltdown, notes Gross. Testifying on March 28, Bernanke said: “At this juncture, however, the impact on the broader economy and financial markets of the problems in the subprime market seems likely to be contained.”

The same day, Paulson told the House of Representatives that “from the standpoint of the overall economy, my bottom line is we’re watching it closely but it appears to be contained.” In May, Bernanke returned to the containment theme, saying: “We do not expect significant spillovers from the subprime market to the rest of the economy or to the financial system.” A few weeks later, he reiterated that “the troubles in the subprime sector seem unlikely to seriously spill over to the broader economy or the financial system.”

On July 26, Paulson told Bloomberg, “I don’t think it [the subprime mess] poses any threat to the overall economy.” In China last week, he revised and extended his remarks: “I also said I thought in an economy as diverse and healthy as this that losses may occur in a number of institutions, but that overall this is contained and we have a healthy economy.”

If the containment policy of the Cold War era worked as well as this subprime-mess containment policy, “we’d all be speaking Russian and living on collective farms”, notes Gross.

So far, he observes, the subprime catastrophe has been “contained” to the growing list of subprime lenders that have failed. And to some pretty big hedge funds in New York, Boston, and Australia that traded the toxic junk produced by the subprime lenders. And to the investment banks that managed some of those hedge funds and lent money to them. And to some nonsubprime lenders, the biggest of which, Countrywide Financial, last month reported declining earnings because of rising defaults. And to smaller nonsubprime lenders like American Home Mortgage, which just five weeks after assuring investors it would stabilise, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on Monday. And to the more than 6,000 laid-off American Home Mortgage workers, who, before last week, were utterly insulated from the ravages of the subprime market. And to a German bank. And to the career of Warren Spector, the former heir apparent at Bear Stearns. And to publicly held homebuilders—downscale ones like Beazer, and upscale ones like WCI Communities, the builder of “amenity rich” condos whose board in April dismissed a $22-per-share takeover offer as inadequate. Now the stock trades at about $6.60.

Everywhere you look in the nation’s vast financial FIRE (finance, insurance, and real estate) sector, in fact, it seems the subprime crisis is “contained”, notes Gross: “The virus infecting subprime housing debt has now clearly spread to subprime corporate debt. Citigroup and other large investment banks are suddenly finding it difficult to sell the debt they’ve committed to raise for private equity firms so they can buy other companies. Of course, this particular spot of bother is contained merely to the stock of the Blackstone Group, which borrows heavily to finance its deals. And to shareholders of companies waiting for buyouts to be completed, like Sallie Mae and TXU. And to companies that have nothing remotely to do with subprime, or buyouts, such as the department store chain Macy’s, which, like the stock market as a whole, was kept aloft by rumors that a private equity firm might buy it.”

Bernanke and Paulson aren’t entirely wrong in insisting that the subprime mess is contained, concludes Gross: “The virus, which traces its origins to unhealthy lending practices, is contained - to any entity whose livelihood, business model, or stock value rests primarily on the cheap and easy availability of credit.”

panic now.

Fleursdumal

फूल की बुराई
quando entra in campo a rassicurare anche il cespuglio non ci son azzi :D
anyway se oggi fanno -3% domani veramente vanno alla deriva se decidono di liquidare il più possibile per non trovare qualche altra sorpresa lunedì mattina

Fleursdumal

फूल की बुराई
interessante quello che scrive Zibordi

- tenere presente che il 15 agosto è la data per cui la maggioranza dei fondi hedge deve calcolare il valore del proprio portafoglio e mostrarlo agli investitori i quali poi hanno alcuni giorni per decidere se riscattare i soldi o no

E' probabile quindi che il crac accelleri per quella data.

Il guaio di oggi è stato che, dopo aver detto solo una settimana fa con la trimestrale che BNP Paribas NON era esposta ai problemi dei mutui, oggi ha congelato tre fondi "monetari Libor ABS..." con dentro 4 miliardi, i clienti cioè non possno togliere i soldi, come in Argentina nel 2002

Questo perchè BNP Paribas non riesce a calcolare quanto valgono le loro quote, non sanno quanto hanno perso perchè NESSUNO VUOLE TRATTARE QUESTA CARTA (se non a prezzi ridicoli)

Di colpo non c'è mercato per questi famosi bonds immobiliari e quindi non hanno un valore e Paribas piuttosto che liquidarli a prezzi stracciati dice ai clienti che non può dargli indietro i soldi perchè non può vendere il portafoglio del reddito fisso che gli ha comprato.

Bene, lo stesso problema lo hanno ora centinaia di fondi del reddito fisso investiti in bonds immobiliari (e anche corporate in parte), devono calcolare il valore del portafoglio di bonds e derivati esoterici (CDS, CLO...) e NON HANNO UN PREZZO, NESSUNO GLI FA UN PREZZO e se continuano a segnarlo a bilancio al prezzo teorico del modello matematico a cui glielo hanno venduto gli fanno causa

Per cui puoi avere per il 15 agosto altri fondi che come Paribas oggi vengono fuori a dire che non possono valutare il portafoglio, oppure che lo svalutano molto e se questo succede i "fondi di fondi" chiedono i soldi indietro e loro sono costretti a liquidare le Fiat, Eni, Generali per pagare le quote -

tra l'altro sul FT sez Alphaville si stanno divertendo al who's next e l'ultimo è in Olanda

[Subprime and Europe] 3 - Fallout hits the Netherlands

Another name for the rollcall of subprime victims. Mid-cap investment bank NIBC of the Netherlands on Thursday released preliminary interim results on the back of losses related to US subprime exposure.

NIBC, which is controlled by an investment consortium led by Christopher Flowers, the former Goldman Sachs banker, said that first half profit would fall to €3m, from about €189m last year, on the back of losses of at least €137m this year.

Instability in the US credit markets had led to “a non-recurring mark-to-market loss” of €137m in the first half, with further losses expected on the US ABS book, it said.

Michael Enthoven, chairman, said that all the bank’s other activities were showing healthy growth, with profit after tax but before one-off items of €141m. He added that only a part of the US book was subprime related:

The exposure of our US subprime related portfolio as at June 30 was €391 million, of which 73% is AAA-rated, 21% AA-rated and 6% other ratings. Of the bonds in our sub prime related portfolio 28% is on the watchlist of the rating agencies and 1% of these bonds has been downgraded since 1 July. Approximately two-third of the non-recurring loss relates to the sub prime related portfolio.

NIBC was bought by the Flowers-led consortium, which includes ABN Amro, Santander, Delta Lloyds and Japan’s Shinshei bank, for €2.1bn in August 2005. It earlier this year delayed plans for a flotation in Amsterdam blaming market volatility triggererd by subprime woes in the US.

quicksilver

Forumer storico
Fleursdumal ha scritto:
la cosa più impressionante è come fanno correre il mSpoore rispetto al nasdaq e al russell che in teoria dovrebbero essere più volatili ma nettamente meno liquidi

esatto
è un pensiero che ho da qualche tempo conoscendo ormai bene il russell
il russell aveva un comportamento di volatilità intraday e di spyke e finte varie che ora temporaneamente ha perso mentre lo ha cominciato a fare il mininasd100 e ora tu segnali anche lo spoore

quindi il pensiero è che ancora una volta si conferma il fatto che un buon trader deve saper mollare lo strumento su cui trada se comincia a dargli problemi (se ad esempio aumentando la vola il metodo di trading non funziona piu e comincia a mangiargli gli stop a catena)
ed essere dinamico nel saper passare ad altri quando cambia il mercato

gipa69

collegio dei patafisici
NEW YORK (Reuters) - A second hedge fund managed by Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (GS.N: Quote, Profile, Research) is suffering from losses and is selling down some of its positions, The Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday.

Through July 27, the North American Equity Opportunities hedge fund was down more than 15 percent this year, including losses of more than 11 percent in July, the newspaper reported, citing investors. The fund had $767 million under management earlier this year, the Journal said.

A source told Reuters earlier on Thursday that another fund, the Global Alpha fund, was down about 16 percent for the year.

Traders in Europe said earlier this week that Global Alpha had been selling positions. On Tuesday Goldman denied rumors that it was liquidating the fund, and on Thursday it said it was "business as usual" at Global Alpha. The fund had $9 billion under management as of a few days ago.

(Reporting by Dan Wilchins)

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto