03/01/2018 | 08:03am EST
Renault SA CEO Carlos Ghosn said Thursday he may review the capital structure of the automotive group's alliance in the future to ensure sustained business integration with Nissan Motor Co. and Mitsubishi Motors Corp.
Ghosn, who is in charge of the alliance, said in an interview with media outlets that changing the capital structure is one of the options to assure stakeholders that the alliance of the three carmakers will be maintained.
Renault said last month it will retain Ghosn as CEO after his current term expires in June and will appoint chief competitive officer Thierry Bollore as chief operating officer, putting him in line to succeed Ghosn.
Renault currently holds a 43 percent stake in Nissan, while the Japanese automaker has 15 percent of Renault shares. Mitsubishi joined the alliance in October 2016, with Nissan gaining one third of Mitsubishi shares.
Earlier Thursday, the alliance said Renault and Nissan will start integrating their key operations with those of Mitsubishi from April to improve the efficiency of their businesses.
"Mitsubishi will then gradually move towards full participation in engineering, manufacturing and supply chain management and aftersales starting in 2019," it said in a press release.