Grafite e grafene i materiali del futuro ? (1 Viewer)

PIZZODIGINO

Pacifico
Ciao Achab, anch'io sono fortemente attratto dalle enormi potenzialità del grafene; per il momento però non ho trovato aziende quotate specializzate nel grafene e allora mi sono buttato sulla materia prima dalla quale deriva il grafene e cioè la grafite.
A Lomazzo (Como) c'è l'azienda Directa Plus, che ha appena avviato la più grossa fabbrica europea di grafene; se vai sul loro sito internet trovi molte cose interessanti; io ho cercato di aprire un canale di comunicazione con loro ma non mi hanno mai risposto.
Per ora il grafene è ancora sconosciuto al grande pubblico e quindi è il momento giusto per investire in aziende del settore.

Achab

Forumer attivo
Ciao Gino, infatti una dei dubbi e se entrare sulla materia prima (grafite) o sulla aziende di sviluppo del grafene, anche se queste ultime sono piu' rischiose.
Conosco quella azienda italiana, che non e' quotata. Sicuramente conosci anche questa inglese,
Riuscire a produrlo in quantità industriali: è l’obiettivo di Applied Graphene Materials ([FONT=&quot]AGM[/FONT]), società britannica di Redcar, ai confini con la Scozia. Già il nome lascia intendere come la sua attività sia appunto quella di produrre grafene. Destinato soprattutto ad applicazioni nell’elettronica e nella produzione di schermi di vario tipo. A fianco di quest’azienda emergente sono attivi nello sviluppo del grafene anche multinazionali di vari settori: per esempio Samsung, Sony, Lockeed Martin e altre. Applied Graphene Materials ha però il vantaggio di operare a monte e di offrire un’esperienza nella produzione di grafene. Non può quindi essere trascurata dagli investitori, per i quali è sembrata una manna la scelta di quotarsi alla Borsa di Londra (LSE – London South East), con sigla AGM. Si tratta certamente di [FONT=&quot]un titolo ancora “sottile”[/FONT], cioè caratterizzato da modesti volumi, che ha esordito nel novembre 2013, con movimenti iniziali molto volatili e solo successivamente con un trend più progressivo e al rialzo. Nella prima seduta (21 novembre) è passato da 216 a 390 pence, per poi [FONT=&quot]salire nel 2014 a oltre 500 pence[/FONT] e assestarsi nelle ultime giornate sui 470 pence.

PIZZODIGINO

Pacifico
Ciao Gino, infatti una dei dubbi e se entrare sulla materia prima (grafite) o sulla aziende di sviluppo del grafene, anche se queste ultime sono piu' rischiose.
Conosco quella azienda italiana, che non e' quotata. Sicuramente conosci anche questa inglese,
Riuscire a produrlo in quantità industriali: è l’obiettivo di Applied Graphene Materials ([FONT=&quot]AGM[/FONT]), società britannica di Redcar, ai confini con la Scozia. Già il nome lascia intendere come la sua attività sia appunto quella di produrre grafene. Destinato soprattutto ad applicazioni nell’elettronica e nella produzione di schermi di vario tipo. A fianco di quest’azienda emergente sono attivi nello sviluppo del grafene anche multinazionali di vari settori: per esempio Samsung, Sony, Lockeed Martin e altre. Applied Graphene Materials ha però il vantaggio di operare a monte e di offrire un’esperienza nella produzione di grafene. Non può quindi essere trascurata dagli investitori, per i quali è sembrata una manna la scelta di quotarsi alla Borsa di Londra (LSE – London South East), con sigla AGM. Si tratta certamente di [FONT=&quot]un titolo ancora “sottile”[/FONT], cioè caratterizzato da modesti volumi, che ha esordito nel novembre 2013, con movimenti iniziali molto volatili e solo successivamente con un trend più progressivo e al rialzo. Nella prima seduta (21 novembre) è passato da 216 a 390 pence, per poi [FONT=&quot]salire nel 2014 a oltre 500 pence[/FONT] e assestarsi nelle ultime giornate sui 470 pence.

Ciao Achab, io con le aziende inglesi sono rimasto scottato più di una volta e per un po' non me ne avvicino più.
Aspetto invece che la Directa Plus si quoti in borsa per entrarvi.
Per ora aspetto che le mie aziende minerarie inizino la produzione di grafite. La Flinders Resources ha già iniziato questo mese di luglio, mentre per le altre si parla di fine 2015, metà 2016.
Come vedi un investimento di lungo periodo, ma in questi casi è meglio partire da lontano, per farsi trovare pronti alla meta.

PIZZODIGINO

Pacifico
Che mazzata che ha preso ieri Northern Graphite; è passata da un +10% a un - 10% nella stessa seduta; che sia già finita la salita, o è solo una scossa di assestamento ?

PIZZODIGINO

Pacifico
Ecco uno che pompa Northern Graphite

Because of China’s stranglehold, the same kind of gains could happen for North American graphite miners.
There’s one other big problem with graphite from China: Transporting it overseas can be extremely damaging to the environment.
Graphite is made mostly of carbon — and it leaves an unpreventable dust behind it. This carbon dust is bad for the water, animals, and plants...
That’s why Musk recently announced that Tesla would only source its graphite from North America.
According to Bloomberg, Tesla says its local sourcing will be "focused on minimizing environmental impact while significantly reducing battery cost."
See what the CEO of this North American graphite company had to say about it on a recent call I had with him:
ea-gigaprofits-snippet.png
close-quote.png
What's more, no other company can generate the amount of large flake, high carbon graphite that would be necessary to supply this Gigafactory.​
You see, graphite is worth more or less based on the size of the flake and the percentage of carbon in the graphite.​
It’s not like gold or silver, where your ounce of gold in China is worth the same as mine in America.
The larger the flake and the higher the carbon content, the more valuable the graphite. Not only that, but the flakes have to be rounded into a ball, purified, and coated in order to be of high enough quality to be used in batteries — and that adds costs.
Lithium-ion batteries require an extremely high carbon content. To make the anodes, the graphite has to be filed into a sphere or ball that’s 99% carbon. And then it has to be coated.
Our North American company has a proprietary and economic process to do that, which no other graphite company has.
Large-flake graphite with 90% carbon concentrate fetches between $1,800 and $2,100 per tonne.
When you file it into a sphere, it sells for about $3,500 per tonne.
When you file it into a sphere, purify it to 99% carbon, and coat it... it can sell for up to $10,000 a tonne.
I asked the CEO about this...
ea-gigaprofits-snippet2.png
The vast majority of American mines don’t have large-flake, high-carbon graphite. So their graphite isn’t feasible for Tesla’s batteries. They don't have all the necessary feasibility studies or permitting, either.
The rest are aging mines with decreasing production due to lack of investment after a drop in graphite prices 10 years ago — before the growth of lithium-ion batteries.
They would hardly be able to meet the Gigafactory’s demand now and definitely won't be able to three to five years from now. Most of their graphite was long ago spoken for...
So where is Tesla going to get its graphite in North America?
There’s really only one option...
A tiny Canadian company sitting on a mother lode.
They’ve got all the proper environmental permits, and their feasibility study was just edited up.
They now have a couple billion dollars of graphite under their feet — over 730,000 tonnes of it — which could be used to make 365,000 tonnes of spherical coated graphite due to losses in the process.
At a conservative $6,000 per tonne — though it could fetch upwards of $10,000 — this company is sitting on $2.19 billion worth of graphite.
I’m holding some of it in my hand in this picture:
large-flake-graphite.jpg
They’re just waiting for an investor — and they could start pulling up graphite the next day.
I candidly asked the CEO about this. Pay special attention to his answer:
ea-gigaprofits-snippet3.png
I’ve been following the graphite market for years, and this is the moment I’ve been waiting for.
This mine is essentially Tesla’s only option for the Gigafactory.
Tesla needs at least 93,000 tonnes of graphite. This mine is expected to produce that much or more.
And it’s all tailor-made for lithium-ion batteries thanks to the company's spherical graphite purification and coating process.
Yet the stock market seems to have no idea how valuable this company is. Your broker has probably never even heard of it.
That’s about to change very soon.
It’s currently valued at $38 million... but it’s sitting on a resource worth $2.19 billion.
And that’s at a conservative estimate of $6,000 per tonne of rounded and coated graphite, which often sells for upwards of $10,000 per tonne.
That would double the graphite’s worth to $3.65 billion...
When a $0.67 company with a $37.8 million market cap is sitting on at least a $2 billion resource, I think the stock implications are clear.
Like I mentioned before, I visited the mine myself and held the graphite in my hands. I do this with every potential investment I recommend.
nick-mine-collage.png
I walked the grounds, inspected the mine sites, and met with the CEO.
In my time as a resource analyst, I’ve never seen so much large-flake graphite in one place.
The deposit is in the perfect location — just 20 miles off the TransCanada Highway and only 45 minutes from Ottawa, Canada’s capital.
Transporting it by truck to the Gigafactory in America’s Southwest will be a breeze. Much better for the environment, and much cheaper than getting it from China.
In full disclosure, no one with the company has told me of any deal with Tesla on the horizon...
But it just makes too much sense.
If I realize this is the only company capable of meeting Tesla’s demand, I’m sure Elon Musk knows it, too.
And I’m sure he’ll want to have a contract signed before he breaks ground on the Gigafactory this year.
A deal between these two could happen any day...
And when it does, you could make a fortune if you get in this stock ahead of time.
Right now, shares are bouncing around $0.67... but I think they could be worth more than $3 by year’s end.
And if the arrangement with Tesla is long term — the sky could be the limit.
Even typically conservative analysts are setting some high targets for this company.
Canada’s Mackie Research Capital sees the stock going to $2.10 — just on the move in graphite’s price alone.
That means even if they didn’t supply the Gigafactory, their shares could easily go up 213%.
Union Capital Markets says $2/share. Byron Capital Markets set a target of $1.90 and said this about graphite:
"We do believe that ongoing demand for consumer batteries, growing demand for high-power batteries for hybrid and electric automobiles, grid storage and continuing needs in refractories and even a few new applications can continue to drive demand higher."
Mackie Research says is calling for a 169% return, and says it will "beat almost every other junior graphite company to production":
ea-gigaprofit-analysis-report.png
And I think based just on current graphite demand right now, this stock could rise to $2.10 — a 300% gain.
But as long as Tesla builds the Gigafactory, you could make far more than that.
Why am I so sure Tesla will build the Gigafactory?
Because Elon Musk rarely does anything small... And he’s used to getting his way.

America’s Real-Life Bruce Wayne

Ma scusate, siete sicuri che investire sulla grafite naturale c'entri qualcosa con il grafene? A quanto ne so gli elettrodi di grafite usati anche in alcuni sistemi di produzione del grafene sono prodotti essenzialmente con il processo di grafitizzazione, che prevede il riscaldamento ad altissima temperatura di idrocarburi... la grafite naturale può essere utilizzata nel processo, ma penso che il suo ruolo nella produzione del grafene sia marginale!

Se poi il grafene viene prodotto per deposizione, allora state sicuri che la grafite nel processo non c'entra niente, perchè per farla evaporare servono oltre 2000 °C. Si usano semplicemente gas contenenti carbonio.

PIZZODIGINO

Pacifico
Ma scusate, siete sicuri che investire sulla grafite naturale c'entri qualcosa con il grafene? A quanto ne so gli elettrodi di grafite usati anche in alcuni sistemi di produzione del grafene sono prodotti essenzialmente con il processo di grafitizzazione, che prevede il riscaldamento ad altissima temperatura di idrocarburi... la grafite naturale può essere utilizzata nel processo, ma penso che il suo ruolo nella produzione del grafene sia marginale!

Ciao Redfox80; io non sono un chimico, ma gli scopritori del grafene sono partiti proprio da un pezzo di grafite (la mina di una comune matita).

PIZZODIGINO

Pacifico
Novità da Energizer

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Aug 5, 2014) - Energizer Resources Inc. (EGZ.TO)(ENZR)(YE5.F) (WKN:A1CXW3) ("Energizer" or the "Company") is pleased to announce that senior members of it's management team are now stationed in Asia for an extended period to further off-take and project investment discussions on an advanced level with a number of the world's largest flake graphite buyers and end-users in the refractory, lithium-ion battery and consumer electronics industries.

This initiative follows from the recent signings of multiple Confidentiality Agreements ("CA's"), which were a catalyst for the delivery of bulk-sized samples of graphite concentrate from the Company's pilot plant for end-user's independent analysis and validation. The independent analysis and validation process undertaken by potential buyers and end-users is an integral part of the process of securing binding, long-term off-take contracts and project investment. All analyses completed to date by the evaluating companies were very positive, confirming carbon purity levels of up to 97.7%, excellent thermal expansion for foil applications and no detectable contaminants for battery applications. This has resulted in the advanced round of discussions that Energizer is currently undertaking in Asia.
The purpose of Energizer signing CA's with these graphite companies is to allow the respective companies to exchange confidential technical, financial, and other information to advance discussions towards consummating an off-take agreement and/or project investment.
Richard Schler, CEO of Energizer stated, "We are very pleased with the positive feedback that we have received regarding our pilot plant samples by potential customers and the confirmation that our graphite is of superior quality based upon their independent analyses. The samples analyzed were of substantial size and were an accurate representation of the graphite that would be produced from our future mine. We are now well positioned to advance discussions for binding off-take and project funding agreements."
As part of the approval process, several of these potential graphite customers have requested additional graphite concentrate material from Energizer for the sole purpose of running final validation and specific application tests. These validation tests consist of full-scale, multi-tonne production runs of graphite-based end products through their respective production facilities for sale to multi-national companies. Pending successful test runs, Energizer would be able to secure a "preferred supplier" status for flake graphite with these potential customers.
The Company looks forward to updating shareholders on the progress of these meetings in due course.
As reported in the Company's January 31, 2014 news release, Energizer completed a full-scale pilot plant operation at SGS Canada Laboratories, producing over 13 tonnes of high-quality, flake graphite concentrate, which has all been allocated. The results of the pilot plant were as follows: A carbon purity of up to 97.7% can be achieved through simple flotation alone, with a significant portion (43.5%) of the Molo's flake distribution being confirmed as the premium-priced "large" (+80 mesh) and "jumbo" (+48 mesh) size flake. Furthermore, 78.3% of the Molo flake is classified as the minimum required size (greater than +200 mesh) in order to produce battery-grade graphite.
In the Company's November 4, 2013 news release, Energizer reported that 100% of the Molo graphite concentrate can be purified to an ultra-high purity of greater than 99.9% carbon (C). This was validated by using glow discharge mass spectrometry (GDMS) analysis, which is the highest standard of assay testing available to measure carbon purity and rarely commissioned as an assay test.

PIZZODIGINO

Pacifico
Sono deluso dall'andamento di Flinders Resources; ha già iniziato in luglio le estrazioni, ma il prezzo dell'azione non sale; forse bisogna aspettare che siglino il primo contratto di vendita di grafite per capire a che prezzo vendono la merce e quindi quanto guadagno faranno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto