Titoli di Stato area Euro GRECIA Operativo titoli di stato - Cap. 1 (10 lettori)

Stato
Chiusa ad ulteriori risposte.

The Beast

Rating? No grazie!
Speculators make €8bn bet against euro

By Peter Garnham, Victor Mallet and David Oakley in London
Published: February 8 2010 11:48 | Last updated: February 8 2010 19:03

Traders and hedge funds have bet nearly $8bn against the euro, amassing the biggest ever short position in the single currency on fears of a eurozone debt crisis.
Figures from the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, which are often used as a proxy of hedge fund activity, showed investors had increased their positions against the euro

Amid growing nervousness in financial markets over whether countries including Spain and Portugal can repair their public finances, Madrid on Monday launched a PR offensive to try to assuage investors’ fears.
Elena Salgado, Spanish finance minister, and José Manuel Campa, her deputy, flew to London to meet bondholders.
They sought to allay doubts about Spain’s creditworthiness by repeating promises to cut its budget deficit to 3 per cent of gross domestic product by 2013 from 11.4 per cent last year. “We’ll make the adjustment that’s necessary,” Mr Campa said. But their disclosure that the treasury planned to raise a net €76.8bn through debt issuance this year unsettled markets further. The projected sum to be raised was lower than the €116.7bn of 2009 but higher than many investors had expected.
The news sent yields on Spanish government bonds, which have an inverse relationship with prices, sharply higher. The premium demanded by investors to hold the country’s debt over German bunds rose to 1 percentage point.
The Spanish government is convinced it is being unfairly treated by foreign investors and the media. José Blanco, Spain’s public works minister, hit out at “financial speculators” for attacking the euro and criticised “apocalyptic commentaries” about Spain’s finances.
Appealing for patriotism, Mr Blanco said in a radio interview: “Nothing that is happening in the world, including the editorials of foreign newspapers, is casual or innocent.”
The single currency fell to an eight-month low of $1.3583 on Friday but recovered a little on Monday to $1.3683. Analysts said sentiment towards the euro had soured because of the increasing concern over Greece’s fiscal problems.
Thomas Stolper, economist at Goldman Sachs, said: “ Behind this intense focus on Greece obviously is the long-standing unresolved issue of how to enforce fiscal discipline in a currency union of sovereign states.”

Maino

questo articolo potrebbe essere messo anche nel thread del monitor euro-dollaro, perchè c'è una parte di esso che darebbe ragione a ricpast

The Beast

Rating? No grazie!
questo articolo potrebbe essere messo anche nel thread del monitor euro-dollaro, perchè c'è una parte di esso che darebbe ragione a ricpast

è un'idea che anch'io mi sono fatto, liberissimi di crosspostarlo;

un altra utile lettura:

Greece, Other Euro Zone Countries to Get Help: Investor
Published: Monday, 8 Feb 2010 | 12:47 PM ET

By: Lisa Auret
Assistant Web Producer, CNBC

While many remain wary of the sovereign debt situation within the euro zone, an investor told CNBC he is investing in Greek government debt as he sees France and Germany interceding for the embattled euro zone countries of Portugal, Ireland, Greece and Spain or the so-called 'PIGS' nations.

Greece_flag_house_200.jpg
Jorg Greuel | Getty Images​

Greece

"What I think will happen in the next week is France and Germany will say 'we will guarantee all short-term debt issuance from Portugal, Greece, Ireland and Spain,'" Louis Gargour, founder, chief investment officer and managing partner of LNG Capital told CNBC Monday.
The two countries will give the PIGS' government debt a 'AAA' or ECB guarantee for up to 24 months so that the shape of the yield curve is upward-sloping and normal, according to Gargour.
Unless the European Commission fixes what is wrong in these countries - ie. spending more money than they have - the yield curve will be very steep and to borrow in 5-10 years will be unsustainably expensive, he added.
Greece's inverted yield curve means it cannot borrow short-term either, according to Gargour.
Greece has the highest debt ratio of any euro zone country, expected to reach 120 percent of gross domestic product this year. Portugal's debt is expected to reach 84.5 percent of GDP and Spain's just 66.3 percent, below the euro zone average. However both countries' debt stock is rising fast, Reuters reported.
"It (Greece) is going to get help from the ECB or IMF. It's going to happen in the next week or two. It will probably be too little too late or too little," Gargour went on to say. "They can not let them default because Spain is next, Portugal is next.
"The ECB needs to do something and they need to do something this week," he said.
As a result of this thought process, Gargour told "Worldwide Exchange" he has done a "relative value trade" whereby he played Greece against being short on Portugal.
"We're thinking that Greece will actually now begin to recover. The other way you could hedge your risk is to look at credit default swaps (CDSs) versus bonds," he said.

-CUT-

Whilst Greece is in need of outside aid, the risk of default is very low, according to El-Erian. He added that the UK is the euro zone country who is most at risk of losing its 'AAA' rating due to its debt levels rising at a fast rate

tommy271

Forumer storico
La Grecia si prepara allo sciopero

La Grecia si prepara a vivere un mega sciopero convocato per mercoledi’ 10 febbraio. Una manifestazione di protesta che in un primo momento è stata indetta dal settore del pubblico impiego e poi estesa ai lavoratori del settore privato. Secondo i sindacati i lavoratori dellaGrecia chiedono lo stop alla riforma pensionistica che dovrebbe allungare i tempi complessivi per i versamenti contributivi.
Una risposta dinamica alle misure messe in atto dal governo presieduto fa Giorgio Papandreu . Tra i provvedimenti del premier ch‘è il taglio ai salari dei dirigenti delle aziende pubbliche che, secondo i primi calcoli, dovrebbe tradursi in una riduzione degli stipendi di circa il 20% per quelli piu’ alti.
A Atene sono attesi almeneo 300 mila persone.

(Euronews)

tommy271

Forumer storico
Queste le chiusure di ieri sera degli spread/bund:
Grecia 363
Portogallo 168
Spagna 104
Italia 94

Oggi è attesa una conferenza di Ficht Ratings sui rischi della zona euro con focus particolare su Grecia, Portogallo e Spagna.

frankiemachine

Mr. Tentenna
La Grecia si prepara allo sciopero

La Grecia si prepara a vivere un mega sciopero convocato per mercoledi’ 10 febbraio. Una manifestazione di protesta che in un primo momento è stata indetta dal settore del pubblico impiego e poi estesa ai lavoratori del settore privato. Secondo i sindacati i lavoratori dellaGrecia chiedono lo stop alla riforma pensionistica che dovrebbe allungare i tempi complessivi per i versamenti contributivi.
Una risposta dinamica alle misure messe in atto dal governo presieduto fa Giorgio Papandreu . Tra i provvedimenti del premier ch‘è il taglio ai salari dei dirigenti delle aziende pubbliche che, secondo i primi calcoli, dovrebbe tradursi in una riduzione degli stipendi di circa il 20% per quelli piu’ alti.
A Atene sono attesi almeneo 300 mila persone.

(Euronews)

tutto qui?
neanche poi tante :D

tommy271

Forumer storico
Crisi Grecia, Jean-Claude Trichet lascia Sydney

FTA Online News
Jean-Claude Trichet ha lasciato Sydney per poter partecipare ad una riunione straordinaria del Consiglio europeo in calendario per l'11 febbraio. I mercati stanno ipotizzando la decisione di misure per il salvataggio della Grecia. Il cambio euro dollaro ha arrestato infatti la sua discesa riportandosi in area 1,3720 dai record (per il dollaro) di 1,3650 della chiusura di New York. Le oscillazioni del cambio possono essere viste in questa fase come un termometro per misurare la temperatura della crisi dei paesi dell'Europa mediterranea.

zeta59

Forumer storico
Buongiorno a tutti , continuo a leggere notizie sulla Grecia ma non ci capisco nulla, ho in pft 30K di 2015 e sono molto indeciso se chiudere la posizione in leggero loss , circa un punto o se tenere , non riesco a valutare il rischio, voi che fareste ?

tommy271

Forumer storico
Buongiorno a tutti , continuo a leggere notizie sulla Grecia ma non ci capisco nulla, ho in pft 30K di 2015 e sono molto indeciso se chiudere la posizione in leggero loss , circa un punto o se tenere , non riesco a valutare il rischio, voi che fareste ?

Vendere o tenere.
Gaudente ti direbbe vendi :D.
Io ti dico che la decisione è tua.

Stato
Chiusa ad ulteriori risposte.

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto