Titoli di Stato area Euro GRECIA Operativo titoli di stato - Cap. 1 (4 lettori)

Stato
Chiusa ad ulteriori risposte.

tommy271

Forumer storico
Piraeus Bank Resorts To Special Liquidity Fund

Piraeus Bank, confirmed Wednesday that it had borrowed money from a special liquidity fund, ELA, established by the country΄s central bank, according to Dow Jones Newswires.

"We have accessed the ELA," Piraeus Bank Managing Director Alex Manos told analysts in a conference call.

The ELA is a special facility provided by national central banks that isn΄t backed by the ECB, but must have ECB approval, while the cost of using the ELA is higher than the cost of borrowing from the ECB.

Losses of €820 mn due to PSI

Piraeus Bank reported pre tax result was -€1,004 mn in H1’11 post PSI, while after tax attributable to shareholders amounted to -€820 mn.

According to an announcement, the bank’s planned initiatives that have already been announced, i.e. the expected sale of the subsidiary bank in Egypt and the issue of a convertible bond of €250 mn will maintain Core Tier I and the Group’s total capital adequacy ratio at the level of 10% and 11% respectively.

Michalis Sallas, Chairman of the Bank, commented:

“Developments over the past weeks have created a more positive environment in Greece. Importantly, the anticipated implementation of July’s EU resolutions should lead to more sustainable public debt and stabilisation of Greece’s fiscal balance. This, combined with further strengthening of the banking sector through consolidation and foreign investment, we believe will drive the Greek economy into a new period.”

Stavros Lekkakos, CEO, said:

“The Group’s organic profitability improved in H1’11, despite the unfavorable market conditions. The pre tax and provision profit amounted to €372 mn compared to €312 mn in H1’10 increased by 19%. This was mainly contributed by the increase in net interest income by 6% at €628 mn and the reduction of operating costs by 4% y-o-y at €403 mn (-5% in Greece). The Group’s steadily increasing organic profitability enables the Group to maintain its capital adequacy ratios at a satisfactory level and to further strengthen its balance sheet.”

Piraeus Bank’s Participation in PSI

The implementation of the resolutions of the European Summit which took place on 21.07.11 is combined among other things, with the successful outcome of the Private Sector Involvement-PSI programme for the refinancing of Greece’s debt. In relation to this PSI programme, Piraeus Bank has recognised an impairment charge, the exact amount of which will be finalised upon the completion of the programme. This impairment charge, which represents an accounting and not an actual loss, had a €0.8 bn after tax impact on the Bank’s results for Q2’11.

With Piraeus Bank’s participation in the PSI programme, almost all the current Greek Government Bond (GGB) portfolio will be exchanged with new bonds guaranteed in terms of their principal with AAA class rated securities. Upon the implementation of the PSI programme, the Group will hold GGBs of €62 mn total value. Furthermore, based on the expected yield of the new bonds, net interest income will be strengthened by at least €50 mn annually in the following 30-year period.

With regards to the impact in the Group’s equity, the planned initiatives that have already been announced, i.e. the expected sale of the subsidiary bank in Egypt and the issue of a convertible bond of €250 mn will maintain Core Tier I and the Group’s total capital adequacy ratio at the level of 10% and 11% respectively.

H1 2011 Financial Results

Net interest income (NII) amounted to €628 mn, +6% y-o-y. In Q2’11 NII was €319 mn which was the best quarter for the Group historically.

Net commission income amounted to €100 mn at the same level as H1’10, while commercial banking commissions amounted to €87 mn increased by 5% y-o-y.

Net revenues increased by 7% y-o-y and amounted to €781 mn.

Operating costs decreased by 4% y-o-y at €403 mn with operating expenses decreased both in Greece by 5% and abroad by 2%.

Group’s personnel expenses decreased by 3% y-o-y at €195 mn, and -4% y-o-y in Greece. General administrative expenses were reduced by 7% y-o-y at €159 mn and -9% y-o-y in Greece.

Pre tax and provision profit amounted to €372 mn increased by 19% y-o-y, which enables the Group to both cover current high loan provisions and ensure its capital adequacy ratios.

Provisions amounted to €371 mn increased by 38% y-o-y corresponding to 192 bps on average loans (137 bps in H1’10), as a result of the deteriorating economic environment especially in Greece (estimated GDP in H1’11: -7.5% y-o-y).

Pre tax result was -€1,004 mn in H1’11 post PSI, while after tax attributable to shareholders amounted to -€820 mn.

Volumes as of June 30th 2011

Net loans amounted to €36.7 bn, down 3% y-t-d.

Deposits reached €26.4 bn decreased by 12% y-t-d as the outflow trend of deposits continued in Greece (Piraeus Bank and Greek market deposits: -10% in H1’11 excluding deposits of the Greek government)

Loans in arrears above 90 days (IFRS 7) stood at 9.6% in H1’11. The provision coverage ratio stood at 46.4%. The coverage ratio was 110%, when tangible collaterals are taken into account.

The Group’s total equity stood at €3.3 bn incorporating the impact from the participation in the PSI. Regulatory capital amounted to €3.5 bn.
The capital adequacy stood at 9.5%, Tier I at 8.6% while Core Tier I at 8.2% (including preference shares of the Greek state).

(capital.gr)

giub

New Membro
Notte Russia, certo che mi viene da fare un sorriso, dopo tante accese discussioni notturne e diurne per switchare dal 2019 al 2014, con due partiti contrapposti, ecco che tu lo togli improvvisamente dal tuo ptf. Molti amici penseranno che hanno switchato inutilmente :rolleyes:.
No scherzo, perchè se uno crede che nel 2014 saremo ancora al tira e molla di questi giorni, lo switch è consigliabile e ha un senso. Dipende dallo scenario cui uno crede, come dice anche Giub.
Potresti spiegare meglio, a beneficio di chi ci legge con apprensione, i motivi che ti hanno fatto improvvisamente cambiare idea sul mantenimento del 2014 5,5% nel tuo ptf???Grazie, Giuseppe
Guarda, a mio parere la strategia di Russian può avere un senso.
E non penso nemmeno ci fosse un discussione sulla matematica dello switch, soprattutto se prendi roba come la 16-17-18-19 6%, o anche altro con prezzi "alti" che oggettivamente non hanno alcun vantaggio "matematico". Il discorso si complica sugli switch meno palesi, per cui si valutano diversi scenari, è in entrambi i casi, sia positivo che negativo, il vantaggio relativo va visto anche nell'ottica di CHI e COME fai lo switch.
Infatti gli aspetti psicologici, da alcuni derisi, sono invece molto importanti, come testimoniato dalla letteratura indicata da Paolo Gorgo. E abbiamo qui esempi di persone che non dormono la notte per questi switch.
E il come riguarda anche il prezzo a cui lo fai. In molti hanno switchato, ma causa commissioni e difficoltà riguardo il riuscire a non cadere vittima dei gap denaro/lettera, l'hanno fatto con 2,5-3 punti di perdita tra la 19 6,5% e la 14 5,5%.
Riguardo l'operazione di russian, lui è un trader puro, e quasi dimezzare la scadenza dal 8/2014passando al 3/2013, in questo caso pagando circa 5 punti, è una operazione che ha un suo senso.

tommy271

Forumer storico
Bank of Cyprus: Profit After Tax At €155 mn

Bank of Cyprus reported profit after tax at €155 mn in the first half of the year, versus €163 mn in the corresponding period last year, excluding the impairment of Greek Government Bonds (GGBs).

After tax and including the GGBs impairment of 26%, losses were €112 mn, while the negative impact on equity from the implementation of the support plan for Greece is estimated at only €20 mn, according to a statement.

The Group remains in a strong position to face the challenges of the ongoing negative environment in the main European markets in which it operates, enjoying strong liquidity (loans to deposits ratio 86%), minimal repayments of debt obligations in the next two years and a Tier 1 capital ratio of 11,6% following the issue of Convertible Enhanced Capital Securities (CECS) and the impairment of Greek Government Bonds (GGBs).

The issue of €890 mn Convertible Enhanced Capital Securities in May 2011 has further strengthened the capital position of the Group in order to face the challenges of the difficult economic environment. In addition, Bank of Cyprus successfully passed the EU-wide stress test conducted by the European Banking Authority (EBA). Bank of Cyprus ranked 24th out of 90 European banks with a supervisory recognised capital ratio of 9,5% for 2012, under the adverse scenario and after taking into account the measures to strengthen its capital position. Bank of Cyprus had already implemented the actions for strengthening its capital that were included in the 2011 stress test before its completion.

Excluding the impairment of GGBs, the Group’s total income reached €737 mn for the first half of 2011 noting an increase of 8% and demonstrating the Group’s ability to achieve increasing recurring income even in adverse economic conditions. Excluding the impairment of GGBs, the Group’s profit before provisions for the first half of 2011 reached €377 mn recording an annual increase of 15%. Profit after tax excluding the impairment of GGBs reached €155 mn compared to €163 mn in the first half of 2010. It is noted that profit after tax was affected by the higher loan impairment charge and the higher tax charge due to the levy of a special tax (€9 mn) in Cyprus on financial institutions based on their deposits. Profit after tax excluding the impairment of the GGBs and the special tax on banks, totalled €165 mn compared to €163 mn in the first half of 2010.

The Group intends to participate in the plan to exchange GGBs, based on the decisions of the EU Summit on 21st July 2011 for the support of Greece and considering the current terms of the plan. At 30 June 2011 the nominal value of the GGBs eligible for the plan totalled €1.076 mn, which the Group has impaired by €281 mn or 26%.

As a result, the Group’s profit and loss statement for the 2nd quarter of 2011 includes losses after tax of €268 mn from the impairment of GGBs, of which €171 mn were already recognised in the Group’s revaluation reserves and were transferred to the profit and loss statement. As a result, the impact from the impairment of GGBs on the Group’s equity totalled €97 mn. The Group estimates that with the completion of the exchange of GGBs, based on the current terms of the plan1, a gain of about €77 mn will arise and, as a result, the impact from participating in the plan on the Group’s equity will be reduced from €97 mn to only about €20 mn.

Taking into consideration the impairment of GGBs, profit before provisions for the first half of 2011 totalled €96 mn, while the losses after tax amounted to €112 mn.

(capital.gr)

giub

New Membro
Dai nel peggiore dei casi ci trasferiamo in Grecia e facciamo la vita da nababbi in new dracme. :lol:
Vita sana, pesce fresco tutti i giorni, feta, moussaka (slurp), ouzo per dimenticare :D e respiriamo tanto iodio.
Peccato per la salsedine :D
E poi le greche non sono affatto male :D

Va in fi.ga stock :D

io pretendo la mia isoletta :lol:

tra il serio e il faceto...
In caso di default esiste qualche possibilità di avere un orticello in Grecia?:D
Io non penso. Sarebbe una sorta di collaterale che i GGB non hanno.
E in tutti i default passati, i possessori di bond non hanno avuto niente in tal senso...Qualcuno sa se con l'Argentina qualcuno ha ricevuto un pezzo di Pamaps...o uno scoglio delle Falklands???

Nobody's

Γένοιο οἷος εἷ
In caso di default esiste qualche possibilità di avere un orticello in Grecia?:D
E in tutti i default passati, i possessori di bond non hanno avuto niente in tal senso...Qualcuno sa se con l'Argentina qualcuno ha ricevuto un pezzo di Pamaps...o uno scoglio delle Falklands???

Non ti danno proprio un bel niente......

E spero tanto che il buon Stock abbia torto......Ma tante delle sue senzazioni stanno diventando pian piano anche le mie :rolleyes:

Mancano il 40% delle adesioni allo Swap.......sono tantissime :sad:

Baro

Umile contadino
Però una bella isolotta da dividerci in base alle quote di debito possedute da ognuno non è una cattiva idea...poi potremmo issare la bandiera di IO...

Imark

Forumer storico
Lunedì, il punto: fotocopia della giornata percedente, con un recupero dei corsi sui titoli di lunghezza compresa nei 10 anni - che per quelli a scadenza successiva al 2014 veleggiano attorno a quota 50/100, poco sopra o poco sotto dipendendo anche dalla consistenza del rateo, prossimità dello stacco cedola ed altre analoghe circostanze - ed un calo dei titoli lunghi e lunghissimi.

Fra i più corti, il marzo 2012 ha recuperato circa 25 centesimi di punto sul precedente prezzo BBML, mentre i due titoli a scadenza maggio 2013 risalgono di circa mezzo punto pct.

Dal 2014 al 2020, i recuperi messi a segno variano da un paio di decimi di punto fino ai 2,25 punti pct, in funzione dei fattori evidenziati sopra oltre che della liquidità.

Discorso diverso oltre la scadenza 2020: qui solo segni rossi, non particolarmente "consistenti" in termini percentuali - siamo fra gli 0,5 ed i 2 punti pct - ma che intervengono su prezzi oramai davvero prossimi ai minimi, se non sui minimi, per molti di questi titoli.

I lunghissimi 2037 e 2041, anche essi in calo, si attestano poco sopra i 40/100.

Una breve nota, visto che ne avete parlato, sulle aspettative del mercato in ordine ad un possibile default e a come esse vengono giocate in termini di andamento dei prezzi di titoli cortissimi e lunghissimi.

Per i primi, il gioco delle aspettative riguarda la data di un eventuale default, e quindi la scommessa che un tale titolo, maturando prima di quella data, possa essere ripagato a 100; per i lunghissimi invece il gioco delle aspettative si incentra sulle attese di recovery, e quindi la scommessa sul tipo di default (con conservazione dell'euro come valuta nazionale greca oppure con ritorno alla dracma), sul tipo di swap obbligatorio che potrebbe essere frutto delle trattative fra il debitore defaultato ed i creditori nonché, in linea generale, su tutti i fattori che concorrono ad incrementare o a ridurre quanto verrà recuperato dai creditori.

Martedì, il punto: ancora una giornata interlocutoria, con i più corti fermi o in leggerissima flessione, inferiore al mezzo punto pct, i lunghissimi 2037 e 2041 che rimbalzano bene sui recenti minimi, portandosi su quota 41/100, ed in mezzo movimenti di piccola dimensione e di segno opposto, senza particolare rilevanza.

La Grecia attende gli eventi.

tommy271

Forumer storico

Per i GGB niente, faranno una legge che convertirà i titoli in olive e formaggi freschi.
Qualche dubbio di recuperare qualcosina, forse, sui titoli del debito sotto giurisdizione estera.

Ma mi sembra una discussione un pò demodè ... :D.

tommy271

Forumer storico
BoG Governor: More Changes To Come

Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou described the Alpha-Eurobank deal as very positive development, at the sidelines of his meeting with the Governor of the Bank of Greece, earlier on Wednesday, according to “Proto Thema”.

G.Provopoulos, Governor of BoG, added that more changes should be expected in the banking sector that would improve the image and the position of the Greek financial system.

(capital.gr)

Stato
Chiusa ad ulteriori risposte.

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto