BUnd, Bond e la bbband degli energumeni canuti VM13 (2 lettori)

Fleursdumal

फूल की बुराई
la mappazza di carta inizia un pò a sentirsi

Treasury 5-Year Note Little Changed After $28 Billion Auction

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601009&sid=av.iZ52_KKo4&refer=bond#

By Daniel Kruger
Dec. 23 (Bloomberg) -- Treasury five-year notes were little changed after the government sold $28 billion of the securities, bringing the amount of two- and five-year notes it auctioned this week to a record $66 billion.
The bid-to-cover ratio, which gauges demand by comparing the number of bids to the amount of securities sold, fell to 2.06, from 2.44 at the last five-year sale. The notes yielded 1.539 percent, the least ever, with yields on all government debt near all-time lows. U.S. debt pared losses amid reports showing the housing market worsened and the economy shrank.
“There are a lot of reasons to like the market, even if the valuations don’t seem compelling,” said Carl Lantz, an interest-rate strategist in New York at Credit Suisse Securities USA LLC, one of 17 primary dealers that trade with the Federal Reserve.
The five-year note yielded 1.41 percent at 2:52 p.m. in New York, according to BGCantor Market Data. The price of the 2 percent security due in November 2013 fell 1/32, or 31 cents per $1,000 face amount, to 102 25/32. The benchmark 10-year note yielded 2.15 percent.
At the last auction of five-year debt on Nov. 25, the Treasury sold $26 billion of notes at a yield of 2.11 percent.
The new five-year security matures in December 2013 and has a 1.50 percent coupon. Indirect bidders, a class of buyer that includes foreign central banks, bought a 24.5 percent of the notes at today’s auction, compared with 37.2 percent at the November sale.
In sign of continuing demand for the safest securities, a $22 billion auction of four-week Treasury bills drew a yield of zero percent for the third straight week.
Two-Year Auction
The government’s record $38 billion sale of two-year notes yesterday drew a yield of 0.922 percent, about 10 basis points, or 0.10 percentage point, higher than the previously sold security. While that was the lowest on record since the U.S. began regular auctions of two-years in 1975, the average forecast in a Bloomberg survey of eight firms that bid on the sale was for a yield of 0.912 percent. Investors bid for 2.13 times the securities offered, compared with an average of 2.25 times at the prior six sales.
Sales of new homes declined last month to an annual pace of 407,000, lower than forecast, according to figures from the Commerce Department today in Washington. The median sales price declined 11.5 percent from a year earlier. Sales of previously owned homes in the U.S. fell 8.6 percent in November, more than forecast, the National Association of Realtors said. Another report showed gross domestic product shrank in the third quarter at a 0.5 percent annual pace.
Volume Down
About $112 billion in Treasuries traded yesterday, down 41 percent from the comparable day a year ago, according to Jersey City, New Jersey-based ICAP Plc, the world’s biggest broker of trades between banks. The six-month daily average was $271 billion. Trading volume surged last December as dealers and investors sought to add the safest securities prior to reporting their holdings and financial positions at year-end after the Fed lowered its target rate one percentage point to 4.25 percent.
Treasury notes fell the week before Christmas 2007 on growing confidence that central banks’ efforts to revive bank lending would keep the U.S. economy from falling into a recession.
Government securities have returned 14.6 percent this year, the best annual performance since rising 18.5 percent in 1995, according to Merrill Lynch & Co.’s U.S. Treasury Master Index. Thirty-year bonds handed investors 17.6 percent in December, compared with a 7 percent return from 10-year securities and 0.4 percent from two-year debt, Merrill indexes show.
TED Spread
A deepening global recession and $1 trillion in writedowns and credit-market losses tied to U.S. mortgage securities drove investors to the relative safety of government debt.
The TED spread, a gauge of banks’ reluctance to lend, slipped below 150 basis points yesterday for the first time since the collapse of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. in mid- September amid speculation interest rates near zero and promises of more government cash will help thaw credit.
The spread, the difference between the London interbank offered rate, or Libor, that banks charge each other for three- month loans and Treasury bill rates, narrowed to 146 basis points today, the lowest since Sept. 12, the last trading day before the Lehman collapse.
The Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association recommended trading of Treasuries close tomorrow at 2 p.m. New York time and stay shut on Dec. 25 for the Christmas holiday.

Metatarso

Forumer storico
intervista a Bernheim:

-Anche quando dà la garanzia statale ai debiti delle imprese private?
-Ha fatto tutto bene, soprattutto a garantire i prestiti interbancari. Ma in Europa è successa una cosa incredibile. La banca centrale ha messo a disposizione delle banche una liquidità immensa. E queste che cos'hanno fatto? Hanno acquistato in gran parte titoli pubblici per essere sicure di poter ripagare la Bce. Una follia!
http://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/SoleOnLine4/Finanza e Mercati/2008/12/bernheim-intervista.shtml

PILU

STATE SERENI
Vi auguro di sentire e vedere il Natale attraverso gli occhi ed il cuore dei bambini con lo stupore, l'emozione che solo loro sanno donare.
Che il suono melodioso delle campane avveri i desideri di chi crede ancora nell'amore del prossimo e che porti pace a voi e alla vostra famiglia.
Perchè oltre la collina un raggio di luce porti: gioia dove c'è dolore, salute dove c'è malattia, amore dove c'è odio e tanto calore in fondo al vostro cuore.....

Buon Natale e un felice e sereno 2009

:ciao::ciao::ciao::ciao:

Metatarso

Forumer storico
Per tutti quelli che monitorizzano i vari anal-isti in giro per la rete, ennesima conferma dall'ADUC di quello che gia sapevamo

http://investire.aduc.it/php/mostra.php?id=243956
bello, grazie :D:up:
a me piace questo:

Il capo supremo di questa banca, ufficialmente, negli atti processuali, si difese sostenendo che, come era noto, il solo scopo delle previsioni era quello di "intrattenere i clienti con dotte argomentazioni" sui possibili andamenti futuri dei mercati.
Questi esperti, quindi, per stessa ammissione di chi li paga, sono nient'altro che degli "intrattenitori" al pari di show-girl o cantanti. Sara' utile tenerlo a mente...

mi piace perchè mi ricorda tanto la filosofia del private banking :lol: leggete come esempio questo sito, una prosa che sembra poesia della finanza, e ditemi se non c'azzecca :D
http://www.intesasanpaoloprivatebanking.it/ptlroot/html/pg_perche.html
http://www.intesasanpaoloprivatebanking.it/ptlroot/html/pg_pianificazione.html

gipa69

collegio dei patafisici
Per tutti quelli che monitorizzano i vari anal-isti in giro per la rete, ennesima conferma dall'ADUC di quello che gia sapevamo

http://investire.aduc.it/php/mostra.php?id=243956

guarda sarà perchè mi sento chiamato in causa ma non butterei la croce su questi analisti anche perchè in un anno possono succedere tante cose che variano le condizioni del mercato.
Ti faccio un esempio... quando il mercato ha fatto a marzo dei minimi personalmente ho pensato che potevano essere poco lontano dai minimi dell'anno e ho pensato che le politiche di abbassamento dei tassi avrebbero contribuito ad arrestare la discesa...e che per fine anno avremmo potuto essere su livelli più elevati (non sui target dei vari analisti comunque) poi è partito l'impressionante rally del petrolio e la difesa ad oltranza da parte della BCE dei prezzi e la riluttanza dalla FED ad abbassare immediatamente i tassi, vi sono poi stati i tentennamenti su Freddie e Fannie, il fallimento di lehman e questi fattori hanno contribuito alla destabilizzazione del sistema... qualcuno potrebbe dire che sarebbe accaduto lo stesso in altre condizioni ma non abbiamo la prova di questo.
Questo per dire che un analisi fatta adesso per il 2009 può avere solo l'accuratezza del momento e dei trend in essere non può comunque prevedere il futuro.

Faccio un altro esempio.
Dal 2006 ad oggi sono stato sottesposto sui mercati azionari perchè ritenevo il rialzo gonfiato dal carry e dalle varie altre operazione derivate, era vero ma se avessi fatto una previsione nel 2006 per l'anno avrei toppato anche se avevo ragione da un punto di vista teoretico.
Quindi non sparereo troppo sulla crocerossa... il problema semmai è l'onestà intellettuale.

Faccio un esempio:
per essendo io un sostenitore moderato, ma pur sempre sostenitore dell'oro non condivido per esempio il comportamento di Rogers che attacca i comportamenti delle autorità momentarie anche giustamente ma che poi vive perennemente un conflitto di interesse con i prodotti da lui gestiti, e non gestiti per se ma anche per una serie di clienti per cui il dubbio che i suoi commenti siano finalizzati a valorizzare i suoi prodotti resta sempre. Un commentatore non dovrebbe avere simili conflitti di interesse.

PILU

STATE SERENI
Sempre più debito ...

Crisi: Giappone vara legge bilancio record da 720 mld euro
di ANSA
Per rilanciare l'economia, e' piu' alta della storia del paese

(ANSA) - TOKYO, 24 DIC 2008 - Il governo giapponese ha approvato una legge di bilancio record da 88.548 mld di yen (720 miliardi di euro) per l'esercizio 2009-2010. Il provvedimento dovra' finanziare i piani di rilancio destinati a far uscire la 2/a economia mondiale dalla recessione. Il budget, varato dal Consiglio dei ministri, sara' esaminato dal Parlamento a gennaio e si applica all'anno fiscale che parte dal 1 aprile.Si tratta del budget piu' elevato della storia del Giappone,supera del 6,6% quello del 2008-2009. Per finanziarlo, l'emissione di buoni del Tesoro balzera' del 31,3% a 33.290 miliardi di yen. In questo modo, tuttavia, il debito pubblico del Paese, gia' uno dei piu' elevati tra i Paesi sviluppati, crescera' sensibilmente, con buoni del Tesoro in circolazione che saliranno al record di 581.000 miliardi di yen al 31 marzo 2010. Nei mesi scorsi il premier Taro Aso aveva annunciato piani di rilancio dell'economia per un totale di 44.000 miliardi di yen (350 miliardi di euro).(ANSA).
index.asp

Ma dove troveranno nel mondo tanta gente che sottoscrierà qs titoli ? Povere stampanti !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto