Titoli di Stato area Euro GRECIA Operativo titoli di stato - Cap. 2 (1 Viewer)

Stato
Chiusa ad ulteriori risposte.

ficodindia

Forumer storico
Nessuno ha commentato quest'articolo del Fatto: lo ritenete quindi davvero inverosimile/impossibile/ma guarda che mmme tocca sentì? :mumble::reading::tristezza::tristezza:
Il piano d'aiuti implica cure draconiane e quindi la bancarotta a catena. Infatti la bancarotta della Grecia si trascinerebbe dietro quella degli altri PIIGS. L'haircut per rendere sostenibile il debito dovrebbe essere ben superiore al 50%. Un valore superiore al 50% dovrebbe essere imposto e quindi la ristrutturazione non sarebbe più volontaria bensì obbligatoria, conseguendo il default. L'unica soluzione percorribile per salvare l'euro è l'intervento massiccio della BCE per allentare la morsa del credito e rilanciare l'economia, dando ossigeno e tempo per il conseguimento del pareggio di bilancio ai PIIGS. Con le misure draconiane previste dal piano d'aiuti si strozza l'economia greca facendola precipitare in un avvitamento mortale. Ciò che i nostri amici teutonici non comprendono è che la politica dei due tempi non può funzionare: prima il pareggio e poi di tutto il resto si potrà discutere (eurobond e intervento massiccio della BCE).

Ultima modifica:

giub

New Membro
Sarkozy- L'attuale situazione «è estrema», ha aggiunto Sarkozy . «Deve essere assolutamente chiaro che quello che è stato fatto per la Grecia, non si ripeterà più e che ormai nessun Paese della zona euro andrà in default».

Secondo voi cosa vuole dire? Che la Grecia andrà in default e dopo non si ripeterà più?:D

Credo si riferisca allo swap... o meglio, spero! :D

mancano 10 giorni alla catastrofe

può anche voler dire:

mancano 10 giorni alla resurrezione!!!

ps: Sarkozy: la grecia non fallirà, mai più dovrà ripetersi una storia analoga. Davanti al precipizio imminente o ci si schianta o si prende il volo!

Io credo che proprio davanti alla imminente fine vi possa essere la fine di questa tragicomica vicenda.

Greece - Has The Barber Retired?

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 12/02/2011 13:35 -0500Via Peter Tchir of TF Market Advisors, There is a Bloomberg story out there stating that the debt negotiations are “complex”.
We never believed that the PSI “haircut” was going to get done as a voluntary negotiation. The IIF didn’t have the authority, and having the country take over negotiations has made it even less likely that any haircuts occur without a failure to pay to force the issue.
So long as the TROIKA keeps making the payments, the banks have no reason to reach a settlement, particularly on their shorter dated paper. €44 billion of Greek bonds come due next year. How much of that is held by banks or insurance companies that are supposed to negotiate, I don’t know.
In fact, how much debt is even held by banks? We argued right from the start that banks would shift their “basis” packages to hedge funds or other investors who wouldn’t be subject to the negotiations. The “basis” package decreased in value from about 100 prior to the PSI announcement, down to just under 90 (bonds at about 27 and CDS at 63). With CDS at 63 it is not worthless by any stretch of the imagination (The real reason the voluntary haircut is hurting sovereign debt). I suspect that banks have shifted the package off of their books (ZH: a glance at the chart we created below tells the story of a significant selling pressure on the basis package). Why would banks want to own a bond and get bogged down in the negotiations and have a CDS that might rally depending on the outcome. By selling them as a pair, they would have lost less than 10 points depending on the timing. Not good, but meaningful, and safer than getting into a situation where you have to write down your bonds and the CDS rallies on the forgiveness.

So I would guess that banks have fewer bonds on their books than back in October when the plan was announced. I would also guess that the average maturity of the debt that banks hold has decreased.
So banks are heavily incentivized to draw out the negotiations in hopes that their near term debt gets paid, but even if they agree to a haircut in the end, will it make a difference? If the banks don’t hold much paper because they have sold the packages, then even if Greece gets an agreement from the banks, it won’t have a material impact on the amount of Greek debt outstanding. Greece is ultimately going to have to negotiate with investors that the EU and ECB cannot put as much pressure on, because they don’t rely on their direct or indirect support for their daily existence.
Yes, the EU’s own policies forced the bonds out of the hands of owners that could be forced to negotiate, into the hands of true private holders who can run the basis package and are somewhat indifferent to whether they get back par because CDS triggers or because the bonds they hold against CDS mature at par. Well, actually they do care. They would rather have a default in most cases, because they would monetize the profit sooner and not have to keep the positions on the books. So more bonds are now held by investors who would prefer a quick default.

So ultimately, I don’t see a way for Greece to avoid having a failure to pay. The agreement with the banks doesn’t do enough (especially if they really have sold all of their basis) and there is no way to force a true “for profit”, “not living on government funding” investor to agree take the hit without defaulting. I am sure someone will argue that these were “unintended” consequences when what they really mean is that these are “unwanted” consequences. The consequences were quite foreseeable. It was relatively easy to map out the chain of events that has occurred, and now made the situation more difficult. It is not what they intended, and it is not what they wanted, but they should have expected the consequences. Politicians and central bankers have to stop hiding behind the “unintended” consequences phrase when the consequences were quite likely to occur as a direct result of their actions.
With the latest round of IMF money likely, this gets pushed off until sometime next year. Greece and the EU aren’t ready to contemplate a default while trying to piece together the plans for the other members. There is no way that they would take that risk until they are comfortable that they have stopped the crisis. So in the meantime, short dated bonds are likely to get paid par, and this is on the backburner, but just because it is on the backburner, doesn’t make it go away.
Sarkozy made some comments yesterday about how there wouldn’t be another default in the Eurozone other than Greece. The politicians have to be very careful, as language like that, if it came from the leaders of Greece, might be enough to try and trigger a Repudiation/Moratorium event, which would extend the maturity of near term CDS contracts. That remains unlikely, but as the rhetoric increases in an effort to cajole banks into agreeing to a plan, they run more risk of saying something that effectively invokes this clause of the CDS contract.
The daily dialogue that some sort of bailout and some sort of solution and some central bank action seems to be churning along, but the Greek haircut will ultimately have to be dealt with and I don’t see how it is accomplished without a failure to pay and involves all bond holders. Some holders may receive preferential offers (ECB and Greek Institutions) but avoiding a honest to goodness failure to pay seems impossible, and avoiding the writedowns altogether also seems impossible.

--------------------

Allora non sono l'unico ad averla letta così:D

giub

New Membro
Crisi/ Delors: l'euro è nata male e leader Ue hanno fatto poco

Architetto eurozona: attuale crisi è colpa di tutti Stati membri

Roma, 3 dic. (TMNews) - La moneta unica europea è nata male fin dall'inizio e gli attuali leader europei sono intervenuti "troppo poco e troppo tardi" per rafforzarla. E' quanto sostiene Jacques Delors, ex Presidente della Commissione europea e architetto dell'eurozona, in un'intervista al Daily Telegraph.

Per Delors l'attuale crisi dell'Europa nasce da "un errore di esecuzione" commesso alla nascita dell'euro: i leader europei scelsero di chiudere un occhio sulle debolezze e sugli squilibri delle economie degli Stati membri. "I ministri delle finanze non vollero vedere disaccordi con cui avrebbero dovuto fare i conti", denuncia. L'euro vide quindi la luce senza che ci fossero delle forti autorità centrali in grado di mettere fine all'indebitamento degli Stati membri, un'omissione che ha portato all'attuale crisi. E ora che il debito di Paesi come la Grecia e l'Italia hanno portato l'eurozona sul precipizio, Delors ritiene che tutti i Paesi membri debbano assumersi le proprie responsabilità per la crisi: "Tutti devono farsi un esame di coscienza".

Tuttavia, l'ex Presidente della Commissione Ue punta il dito contro la Germania per la sua contrarietà a un ruolo più attivo della Banca centrale europea (Bce) per far fronte alla crisi: i problemi dell'euro, dice, nascono da "una combinazione tra l'ostinazione dell'idea tedesca di tenere sotto controllo la moneta e e l'assenza di una visione chiara da parte di tutti gli altri Paesi". Tuttavia, a fronte dell'entità della crisi in atto, "persino la Germania" cercherà di trovare una soluzione: "I mercato sono i mercati. Adesso sono tormentati dall'incertezza".

giub

New Membro
December 2, 2011, 3:09 PM GMT
Will Greece Be Rescued Too?
Triggered by hopes of a comprehensive euro-zone deal and fresh central bank liquidity, equity markets have taken off this week.
But these measures are largely designed to prevent the sovereign debt infection from bringing down Italy and, therefore, the currency union.
What happens to where the infection first flared up: Greece?

The upward trend in Greek yields even as they’ve dropped for every other crisis-hit euro-zone country suggests Greece remains more or less where it was before contagion caught hold across the single-currency region. The market says Greece will still default on its debt, and with private-sector creditors taking an even bigger loss than had been factored in by the latest EU deal.
There is no let-up to austerity. A semi-permanent state of austerity, GDP contraction, government deficits and lack of access to the credit markets will only feed popular resentment among Greeks towards the EU.
The only real alternative is for Germany and France to fully absorb a Greek default, including losses on debt held by the ECB, and to show willingness to a slower Greek economic restructuring, less austerity and more forbearance on Greek deficits.
Will this happen? I doubt it.
So the euro-zone continues to face the prospect that one of its member states will leave the currency union–whatever the technocrats in Brussels and Athens would like to believe.
The question then must be whether the structures and agreements the EU puts in place over the near term–including agreements on closer fiscal union and promises by the ECB to absorb shocks–will be enough to withstand what will almost certainly be a renewed bout of panic among investors about contagion and further withdrawals from the single currency.
A Greek withdrawal from the euro is likely to be followed pretty quickly after by Portugal’s exit. And then there might be one of the big dominoes.
Although all eyes are focused on Italy, Lombard Street Research’s Charles Dumas thinks that Spain is in a more difficult position. Although Spain’s government debt load looks better than that of most euro-zone countries, its banking sector has been crippled by the bursting of Spain’s huge property bubble. Once all the losses are recognized, they will inevitably fall on the Spanish government.
Will Germany put itself between the markets and Spain or Italy when the crunch comes, will it commit vast amounts of taxpayer money to prevent either of these countries from also being forced into default? That’s what investors seem to be banking on this week. I’d be less sure.

Baro

Umile contadino
Uno dei padri fondatori Adenauer diceva :
“Non si può mai dire ‘troppo tardi’. Anche in politica non è mai troppo tardi. C’è sempre tempo per un nuovo inizio.”
Speriamo che la Merkel si ricordi del pensiero del fondatore della Cdu...

ficodindia

Forumer storico
Greece - Has The Barber Retired?

Omissis

Sarkozy made some comments yesterday about how there wouldn’t be another default in the Eurozone other than Greece. The politicians have to be very careful, as language like that, if it came from the leaders of Greece, might be enough to try and trigger a Repudiation/Moratorium event, which would extend the maturity of near term CDS contracts. That remains unlikely, but as the rhetoric increases in an effort to cajole banks into agreeing to a plan, they run more risk of saying something that effectively invokes this clause of the CDS contract.
The daily dialogue that some sort of bailout and some sort of solution and some central bank action seems to be churning along, but the Greek haircut will ultimately have to be dealt with and I don’t see how it is accomplished without a failure to pay and involves all bond holders. Some holders may receive preferential offers (ECB and Greek Institutions) but avoiding a honest to goodness failure to pay seems impossible, and avoiding the writedowns altogether also seems impossible.

--------------------

Allora non sono l'unico ad averla letta così:D

Sembra che Sarcozy abbia detto che "un default della zona euro non è più impossibile". Tolone, il discorso del “candidato Sarkò”Tante parole per riprendersi i voti della destra | Leonardo Martinelli | Il Fatto Quotidiano
La qualcosa implica che ancora non s'è verificato alcun default nemmeno quindi quello della Grecia. Del resto, siamo fermi ancora all'accordo del 26/10 che implica una ristrutturazione volontaria, che coinvolge le sole banche. Certo un default è possibile ma allo stato attuale delle cose non v'è alcun default di un paese della zona euro. A mio avviso ciò che è rilevante è il fatto che dopo il piano d'aiuti del 26/10 alla Grecia, il contaggio, o effetto domino, solo paventato dai commentatori responsabili, s'è palesato come una concreta realtà, facendo precipitare la situazione avvicinando nel baratro l'Italia. Ne consegue che il problema Grecia è diventato il problema della tenuta dell'euro ed il fallimento della Grecia implicherà la morte dell'euro. Vale quindi l'equazione da me sempre evidenziata: Destinino della Grecia= Destino dell'euro.

Ultima modifica:

Comandante Gerard

Forumer storico
Uno dei padri fondatori Adenauer diceva :
“Non si può mai dire ‘troppo tardi’. Anche in politica non è mai troppo tardi. C’è sempre tempo per un nuovo inizio.”
Speriamo che la Merkel si ricordi del pensiero del fondatore della Cdu...

Saggio Adenauer...
ma occhio che hai lanciato un boomerang profetico... :D

Infatti il pensiero della Merkel, anche se non lo dirai mai, non ancora, e di gran parte del volk tedesco vola dritto al DM.

Un nuovo inizio perfetto direi...:lol:

Baro

Umile contadino
Saggio Adenauer...
ma occhio che hai lanciato un boomerang profetico... :D

Infatti il pensiero della Merkel, anche se non lo dirai mai, non ancora, e di gran parte del volk tedesco vola dritto al DM.

Un nuovo inizio perfetto direi...:lol:
Sono d'accordo con te ma l'introduzione del DM non coverrebbe a nessuno e tantomeno l'uscita della Germania dall'euro, credo che questo i governanti crucchi lo sappiano e ne siano convinti. Quanto al folk non mi stupisce perchè neanche in Italia si è ancora ben compreso quali sia stato il vantaggio della nuova moneta...la cosa ben chiara è che si è persa molta capacità d'acquisto...

Stato
Chiusa ad ulteriori risposte.

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto