Stato
Chiusa ad ulteriori risposte.

DanteAllemis

Nuovo forumer
Depfa/ HRE

Why Depfa plc hybrids are falling:

Have a look at http://www.hyporealestate.com/eng/pdf/1001AidA_Antrag_FINAL_e.pdf

There are discussions regarding an inclusion of selected funding instruments in the scope of the transfer to the deconsolidated environment, in addition to assets. However, no transfer of unsecured fundings, Pfandbriefs or other covered bonds issued by Group entities for funding purposes is planned.

So the threat is that Depfa plc and HRE Trust hybrids will be split up, with some fraction of each of them being moved into the bad-bank. [Like the austrians did with Kommunalkreditbank].

But, like JP Morgan I also see difficulties if such a plan could be carried out. So some uncertainties remain. That is a drag on prices, especially for Depfa plc hybrids as they are more likely to end up in the bad-bank. (Most of Depfa plc will be moved into the bad-bank.)

The mentioned "There are discussions" is not at all clear to me. Seems like EU-Commision and/or SoFFin (100% owner of HRE, german gov.) wants the hybrids to share in the losses. But this matter has not yet been sorted out as pref. sec. cannot easily be moved into a badbank.

Anyway, I see the things not as simple as JP Morgan. Judging from what I can see now, the news for Depfa plc hybrids is worse than was expected 3 weeks ago. Depfa II could fall back 14 and Depfa III could fall back to 11-12. I personally would not take them over 10, as their future value remains most uncertain.

The news for HRE-Trust is slightly better. The movement up in prices for the last two weeks was justified, although maybe a bit overextended. After all HRE will at least not pay for the next 2 years and after that it pays only 5,86. With this new uncertainty in place I see no upside potential for HRE-Trust until this matter gets resolved.

It is clear that SoFFin would want to get rid of the hybrids as such a move would facilitate the upcoming reprivatisation of HRE and because the HRE-hybrid (without loss participation and with considerable step up) will lose its equity status in the coming years anyway. So it seems to me as if they want to pave the way for a tender by showing possible ways to make the hybrid participate in the losses. I am sure, SoFFin, investors and EU-Commission would all agree to a tender offer of, say, 40 in the near future.

DanteAllemis

Nuovo forumer
ehi Dante, are you online?
News for Hybrid capital (West LB) USD or in general?

Not yet. We have to wait till march to see the results for q4 and the whole of 2009. But I am happy to assert once again that this hybrid will have high future value as no permanent write downs will occur but the balance sheet gets repaired. Also, the hybrid stays with WestLB and does not get moved into the bad-bank.
I would expect payments for 2010 (those would accrue in hybrid from 07/2011) with prices of 80-100. After all this is a state-backed bank and the hybrid bears 8% interests.

diritto

Forumer attivo
Non so se serva o meno segnalarlo, ma mi pare che sul Foglio di Mais, notate la "F" in grande per l'importanza che penso abbia, ma, ripeto, mi sembra, vi sia un errore nell'indicazione della data della call per quanto riguarda Deutsche JD4 che lo si può verificare dalle discussioni precedenti e dal Foglio "Old Negusneg".
Fatemi sapere se queste segnalazioni non servono o un minimo di utilità possono averla!

Mais78

BAWAG fan club
ok, molto interessante
quindi SG ha richiamato un P alla prima call per non pagare un interesse che e' del 4,15% circa, ossia quasi identico a quello che pagano le IRS che qui dentro tutti sono convinti (nonostante da qui a 3-4 anni possa succedere di tutto..) non verranno callate.

che ne pensate?

Non e' che siamo convinti, che molti IRS non sono stati richiamati e' un dato di fatto. Detto questo le BACA sono quelle che hanno maggiore (maggiore, non alta) probabilita' di essere richiamate.

Mais78

BAWAG fan club
Ringrazio ECCO CHE SBAGLIAVO ..........sono un novellino rispetto ai perpetual ne ho uno in portafoglio B P N V XS0304963290 e stavo cercandone un'altro interessante ma non mi sembra questo il caso allora .......grazie ancora

Guarda che non e' che con BPVN sei in una botte di ferro e ING fa schifo.
Se proprio la vogliamo dire tutta BPVN non e' cumulative ed e' loss absorbing, ma rimane valida.

Mais78

BAWAG fan club
Ciao ragazzi, sono tornato :ciao:

Devo solo leggere 150 pagine per rimettermi in pari... :wall::wall::wall:

Bentornato, ci chiedevamo se si potesse inserire un mio post subito dopo il tuo post di apertura, in modo da allegare il file delle quotazioni aggiornate direttamente li. Risparmiamo a reef l'onere di aggiornare quello google.

Mais78

BAWAG fan club
Non so se serva o meno segnalarlo, ma mi pare che sul Foglio di Mais, notate la "F" in grande per l'importanza che penso abbia, ma, ripeto, mi sembra, vi sia un errore nell'indicazione della data della call per quanto riguarda Deutsche JD4 che lo si può verificare dalle discussioni precedenti e dal Foglio "Old Negusneg".
Fatemi sapere se queste segnalazioni non servono o un minimo di utilità possono averla!

Ricordami, domani controllo su BBG

Stato
Chiusa ad ulteriori risposte.

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto