Titoli di Stato area Euro GRECIA Operativo titoli di stato - Cap. 1 (9 lettori)

Stato
Chiusa ad ulteriori risposte.

ferdo

Utente Senior
quello che dici e' tutto vero
pero' sul secondario titoli a 3-6 mesi rendono anche il DOPPIO di quelli venduti (e che vanno a ruba) 2 volte al mese con le aste
quindi come dice tommy, il dato di fatto e' che la grecia si finanzia al 5% o meno (il secondario e' un mondo a parte)
ora quello che mi chiedo
visto che le banche greche se li comprano senza problemi proprio per il giochino che dici tu (darli alla bce per rifinanziarsi a tassi ridicoli), perche' la grecia non comincia ad emettere dei 12 mesi?
le stesse banche potrebbero comprarseli magari al 5,5% cosi' forse anche i prezzi sul secondario comincerebbero a riallinearsi
inoltre, ogni tanto vedo che si ritorna sul discorso del buyback e giustamente si dice " se la grecia annuncia un buyback, i prezzi salirebbero rendendolo inutile, quindi andrebbe fatto in silenzio"

pero' la grecia potrebbe anche fare il buyback a determinati prezzi solo su alcuni titoli
per esempio dice
"mi ricompro a 65 il 2019. a 60 il 2040, a 75 il 2014"
a quel punto si avrebbe un muro in denaro che impedirebbe ai prezzi di scendere sotto quei livelli
visto che anche in questi giorni si vede gente uscire dal 2019 a prezzi poco sopra i 50, un buyback a 65 magari avrebbe un discreto successo, ma sopratutto avrebbe come risultato quello di stabilizzare i prezzi creando dei livelli oltre i quali non si scende

solo che pe farlo dovrebbero darle altri soldi, in più rispetto a quelli che gli mancano già ... certo, europei miopi a non fare manovre di questo tipo
cmq magari lo facesser, addio a tutti i report basati sulla % di debito rispetto al pil

Ultima modifica:

tommy271

Forumer storico
ECB officials reject Greek debt restructuring

(AFP)

ATHENS — Two senior members of the European Central Bank (ECB) said on Sunday in the Greek press that Greece can avoid restructuring its debt if the country sticks to the 110-billion-euro EU-IMF bailout plan to the letter.
"If all the points in the program are implemented, the sustainability of the debt is guaranteed," Juergen Stark, an Executive Board member of the ECB, told Kathimerini newspaper in an interview.
"With any type of restructuring, Greece is in danger of failing to tap the markets in a reasonable time, and if it succeeds, it will pay in the future a higher risk margin," he said.
ECB governing council member of Austria Ewald Nowotny ruled out the possibility of Greece restructuring its massive debt.
"The ECB has a clear position: this program (110 billion euro rescue package) is the route you must follow. I don't see an alternative plan," Nowotny said in an interview with To Vima newspaper.
The comments by the ECB officials come just one day before Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou chairs a cabinet meeting to discuss a new mid-term fiscal plan aimed at implementing the program agreed with the country's creditors.

tommy271

Forumer storico
More relief for Greece possible: Schaeuble in paper

BERLIN | Sun May 22, 2011 7:44am EDT

(Reuters) - Additional relief measures could be granted to Greece if efforts to reduce its debt pile fail and certain criteria are met, German finance minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said in a Sunday newspaper.
Before the matter can be considered however, countries should evaluate a report due from International Monetary Fund, European Union and European Central Bank inspectors currently in Greece, Schaeuble told Bild am Sonntag.
"(Further aid) is only conceivable if it is confirmed that private creditors, like banks, do not pull out of Greece and leave European taxpayers responsible for everything," he said.
Lending countries must also be assured Greece will be able overcome economic woes before talking about further steps.
"Only then could we, if necessary, deliberate to lengthen (the maturity of) bonds which Greece must repay next year."
The current inspection visit, described by Greek officials as the toughest review to date of the country's progress on its 110 billion euro ($156 billion) bailout, has already been prolonged. Officials hope it can be concluded next week but have given no target date.
Last Friday, the IMF pressed Europe for stronger steps to tackle the region's debt crisis, saying countries needed access to more funding to stay afloat, but resistance to the call surfaced at the ECB.
In a sign of apparent divisions between policymakers over how to handle the crisis, an ECB official said it was mainly up to Greece to rescue itself -- and the country could be cut off from aid if it did not act.
In the interview, Schaeuble said there was a need for unity among policymakers, adding that should Greece need an extension of its bond maturities, the approval of the IMF and, above all, the ECB would be needed.
"It must not in any way come to a conflict here with the European Central Bank," he said.

tommy271

Forumer storico
Cabinet meeting on Fiscal Adjustment Framework

Prime Minister George Papandreou will chair a Cabinet meeting on Monday at which the Medium-Term Fiscal Adjustment Framework will be discussed.

According to reports, final decisions will not be taken on Monday and the package will not be closing in its entirety since negotiations with the "troika" have not been completed. The negotiations will continue as of Wednesday when the creditors' representatives will be returning to Athens.

This does not apply, however, to the sector of privatisations, where decisions are expected to be taken. Finance Minister George Papaconstantinou might also be announcing more privatisations and the appointment of new privatisation advisers.

The framework of the prime minister's separate discussions with opposition party leaders on Tuesday is also expected to be discussed at the Cabinet meeting.

The premier is due to meet separately with the political party leaders on Tuesday, with the exception of Communist Party of Greece (KKE) leader Aleka Papariga, who has rejected Papandreou's invitation.

(ana.gr)

tommy271

Forumer storico
I TITOLI DEI GIORNALI:

The state of the economy and speculations of layoffs and more salary cuts in the public sector were the main front-page items in Athens' newspapers on Sunday.

AVGHI: "They are increasing the 'dose' in the prescription that kills - New taxes and salary cuts being prepared one year after the introduction of the resoundingly failed Memorandum".

AVRIANI: "Sell-off of Greece, or default on payments".

ELEFTHERI ORA: "Admire him: Our Giorgios (prime minister George Papandreou) an illustrious member of the Illuminati..."

ELEFTHEROS TYPOS: "Layoffs of civil servants - Mortgages (on state assets) for the 50 billion euros, immediately".

ELEFTHEROTYPIA: "Triple shock ahead: New salary reductions in public sector, layoffs of civil servants and drastic reduction of high pensions planned by government, under heavy pressure from Troika".

ETHNOS: "PM Papandreou: I am determined for the salvation and change of the country".

KATHIMERINI: "The public sector has cash for up to mid-July".

LOGOS: "Civil war in the EU over the Greek debt".

NIKI: "The petroleum will save us - Exploitation of the country's oil and natural gas reserves will bring revenues of more than 10-15 billion euros over 15-20 years".

PARON: "Collapse of government and Papandreou - PASOK and ND 'neck-and-neck', latest opinion polls indicate".

PROTO THEMA: "Fire (civil servants) and sell (state assets), or you're finished".

REALNEWS: "Reversal of political scenery: PASOK-ND difference at zero, after 33 months".

RIZOSPASTIS: Counter-attack without delay against the sweeping anti-popular measures".

TO VIMA: "PM to (main opposition New Democracy leader Antonis Samaras): Antonis, the situation is very difficult - Open hot line between Papandreou and Samaras".

VRADYNI: "Work for 100,000 unemployed under OAED (Manpower Employment Organisation) program".

(ana.gr)

porchetto

la casa non fallisce
Concordo pienamente.
La Grecia e' messa molto peggio dell'Argentina.
L'Argentina quando ha fatto default aveva un rapporto debito/PIL di appena il 50%, che e' schizzato al 150% quando subito dopo il default ha svalutato il peso del 200% rispetto al $.
La Grecia invece gia' parte da un rapporto debito/PIL del 150% , che schizzera' tra il 300% ed il 450% quando a seguito del default sara' anche costretta ad uscire dall'euro per la necessita' di comprimere i salari tramite il ritorno alla dracma e la sua brutale svalutazione.

Ve lo ripeto: state rischiando grosso . Il recovery puo' davvero essere "parmaladriano" (tra il 5 ed il 10%). I prezzi attuali sono un affare per chi vende , e non dureranno ancora a lungo :titanic:

beh, e' chiaro che e' l'intera Europa ad essere marcia.
La si potrebbe paragonare ad un budino flaccido tenuto solo insieme dallo stampino dell'euro, che pero' e' ormai arrugginito senza rimedio e prossimo a sfaldarsi.
Sostanzialmente l'euro e' servito a permettere alla Germania una finta crescita basata sull'export intercomunitario finanziato dai debiti pubblici dei paesi periferici, sottoscritti con i soldi che gli stessi esportatori depositavano nelle banche tedesche.:lol:
Ovvero , se eliminiamo i vari passaggi intermedi, la Germania non ha fatto altro che crescere vendendo beni a nazioni che hanno comprato a credito ed ora non sono in grado di pagare.
Se a cio' aggiungiamo la crescita fittizia del PIL con l'assurdo boom immobiliare e relative sofferenze bancarie , ci rendiamo conto di come una significativa correzione (leggasi: recessione) sia inevitabile.
perchè i tedeschi sono tanto contrari all'inflazione ceh rimetterebbe prima o poi le cose a posto come succede in america?

Questo e' un punto da tenere in considerazione. Non credo al ritorno alla dracma, ma a questo punto non e' una ipotesi da scartare.

alle banche serve collateal.

se al sistema bancario greco servono 10 bln, e fanno aste da 2.5 è normale che i rendimenti saranno non altissimi e le richieste importanti.

ricordo che la grecia apparte i titoli brevi non fa aste su altri titoli.

le banche greche stanno reggendo nonostante le svalutazioni su crediti che aumentano, perchè comprano titoli con rendimenti molto alti, e poi si finanziano alla bce a tassi molto bassi e guadagnano la differenza.
quindi sostanzialmente tengono in piedi la grecia con il signoraggio della moneta che stampa la BCE?

ricpast

Sono un tipo serio
i tedeschi sono contrari all'inflazione perchè hanno ancora vivo il ricordo di Weimar.

è così.

per loro Weimar è stata la rovina, il nazismo, la guerra ecc ecc

Brisico

Forumer attivo
In questi giorni, stiamo assistendo senza clamore a uno scontro ai vertici europei tra i banchieri centrali della BCE e i vertici dell’Eurogruppo e dell’Ecofin, che sostanzialmente rappresentano i governi europei. L’oggetto del braccio di ferro tra Francoforte e Bruxelles è la Grecia. Dopo che il governo Papandreou ha chiarito che non sarà in grado di rispettare gli impegni assunti da Atene, in termini di riduzione di deficit, e dopo che si è reso evidente che la Grecia non potrà accedere ancora per molto tempo ai mercati finanziari, dato l’elevatissimo tasso richiesto dagli operatori sui suoi bond, in Europa si discute apertamente di ipotesi di “default dolce”, sotto forma di allungamento delle scadenze sui titoli, in modo tale da dare ai greci il tempo di respirare.
Tale ipotesi vede la più netta avversione della Banca Centrale Europea, che teme il rischio che i mercati puniscano l’intera Eurozona e la moneta unica, con un’ondata di panico, che difficilmente potrebbe essere contrastata. Adesso, per bocca di un membro del comitato esecutivo della BCE, tale Juergen Stark, Francoforte minaccia esplicitamente e senza giri di parole di non erogare più prestiti al sistema bancario greco, se Atene dovesse procedere a una qualsivoglia forma di ristrutturazione del debito.
Da Francoforte spiegano che non potrebbero essere accettati più titoli da parte di uno stato che ha proceduto a rinegoziare il suo debito, essendo essi considerati ad alto rischio e a bassa qualità. Uno scenario, che complicherà i giochi di quanti, forse con faciloneria, avevano nei giorni scorsi creduto di mascherare il problema del default greco, cambiandogli nome. Per Atene, questa minaccia significa che il suo governo dovrà darsi da fare molto di più, per mettere in atto tutte le misure in grado di ridurre la spesa pubblica. Ma la credibilità della politica greca è prossima allo zero.

ficodindia

Forumer storico
Adesso l'effetto domino è reale!

Col declassamento dell'Italia, autlook negativo di S&P sull'italia, l'effetto domino dell'eventuale default della Grecia è reale ed avrebbe con molta probabilità un effetto devastante soprattutto sui paesi maggiormente indebitati. Giustamente la ECB non vuol sentir parlare di alcuna forma di ristrutturazione.

tommy271

Forumer storico
ECB Stark: Greece Remains Solvent But Must Implement Plan

ATHENS -(Dow Jones)- Greece is capable of meeting its debt obligations, the chief economist of the European Central Bank said in a newspaper interview Sunday, if the country strictly adheres to the terms of its current reform program and pushes ahead with ambitious privatization plans.
In the interview with the Sunday edition of Kathimerini newspaper, Juergen Stark, who also sits on the ECB's interest rate-setting governing council, rejected the need for Greece to restructure or otherwise extend its public sector debt.
"This would create enormous problems. A restructuring or reprofiling is only justified in case debt sustainability is not ensured," said Stark in the interview, and which was confirmed by his office. "If the program is implemented one to one then Greece is solvent. And for this reason no restructuring should take place, but also taking into account all the negative impact it would have on Greece itself."
In May last year, Greece received a EUR110 billion bailout from its fellow euro-zone members and the International Monetary Fund in exchange for a program to cut its budget deficit and reform its economy.
Since then, Greece has cut its deficit by about a third, to 10.5% of gross domestic product last year. But investors remain unconvinced that the country can service its giant public sector debt, now about 150% GDP, amid speculation Greece may be forced into restructuring that debt.
The ECB has been vehemently opposed to any renegotiation of Greece's debt--despite support from some European leaders--fearing such a move could rebound on other debt stricken European countries such as Ireland and Portugal.
In a separate interview, fellow ECB governing council member Ewald Nowotny also rejected a Greek debt restructuring.
"The ECB has a clear position: this program is the path you must follow. I don't see an alternative," Nowotny told the Sunday edition of Greece's To Vima newspaper.
In his remarks, Stark cited the risks to Greece if it proceeded to restructure or reprofile its debt--even on a voluntary basis. According to Stark, the country would be locked out of international capital markets for a long period; would face higher risk premiums on its bonds; while a restructuring would reduce the incentive for Greece to proceed with tough structural reforms.
"This is not the easy way out from its current problems," Stark said. "This restructuring or reprofiling may be seen as a panacea, but in reality it creates more problems and does not help to resolve the existing ones."
The interview largely reiterates remarks made by Stark last Wednesday during a conference at the Lagonissi resort south of Athens.
At the conference earlier this week, Stark also threatened that any restructured Greek debt would no longer be accepted by the ECB as collateral by Greek banks in need of short-term liquidity. Given the heavy dependence of Greek banks on the ECB currently, such a move would be tantamount to bankrupting the Greek banking system.
In the Kathimerini interview Sunday, Stark didn't repeat the threat, but stressed the need for the government to step up its privatization plans.
"Privatization is really the key in this process," he said. "The program which was announced by the government to achieve EUR50 billion to 2015 is feasible and one should even be more ambitious."

Stato
Chiusa ad ulteriori risposte.

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto