Obbligazioni societarie GM, Ford, Chrysler: il 3D dell'automotive USA (2 lettori)

Researcher

Stop Loss? No, Thanks!!!
Caro Researcher, anche per i bondholders in euro, non se ne esce... mi spiace...

Concurrently with the exchange offers, we are soliciting consents (the “consent solicitations”) from the holders of old notes to amend (the “proposed amendments”) the terms of the debt instruments that govern each series of old notes. Under these proposed amendments (a) the material covenants and events of default other than the obligation to pay principal and interest on the old notes would be removed and (b) an early call option (the “call option”) would be added in each series of non-USD old notes (as defined below), which we would exercise to redeem any non-tendered non-USD old notes for the exchange consideration offered pursuant to the exchange offers (i.e., 225 shares of GM common stock per 1,000 U.S. dollar equivalent of principal amount of non-USD old notes). Except for holders who tender non-USD old notes prior to the date on which the registration statement of which this prospectus forms a part is declared effective, holders may not tender their old notes pursuant to the exchange offers without delivering consents to the proposed amendments, and holders may not deliver consents to the proposed amendments pursuant to the consent solicitations without tendering their old notes.

La frase riportata è chiarita nel suo senso nella esposizione alle pagg. 17 ss del prospetto: è vero che tu come bondholder, nel momento in cui sei chiamato ad aderire all'offerta per i non US bonds, non sei automaticamente vincolato ad accettare anche di inserire la call anticipata quando consegni i titoli all'offerta, e tuttavia i bondholders sono poi chiamati ad acconsentire all'inserimento della call per la redemption anticipata pari condizioni nall'ambito di un'assemblea degli obbligazionisti in prima e poi in seconda convocazione.

Il quorum di partecipazione e di voto è dei due terzi del capitale obbligazionario in prima convocazione e della metà in seconda convocazione e, se raggiunto, viene inserita una call che viene esercitata immediatamente dopo la sua approvazione, consentendo il richiamo dell'intera classe di bond e vanificando l'holdout.

Assumendo che non si raggiungano queste maggioranze e non si inserisca la call, la classe di bond non US non può essere richiamata (è per questo che si precisa comunque che non puoi consegnare i bond all'offerta senza aver anche approvato la call anticipata, e viceversa, se approvi la call anticipata devi anche consegnare i bond all'offerta) e ciò concorre al possibile non raggiungimento di quel 90% del totale di debito obbligazionario aderente all'offerta richiesto affinché essa sia accettata.

Mi viene da pensare che se in queste assemblee non si raggiungono le maggioranze richieste, quella classe di bond non può essere richiamata e finisce nella quota delle mancate adesioni allo swap, concorrendo a far sì che non si raggiunga il 90%.

Consent Solicitations for Non-USD Old
Notes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Concurrently with the exchange offers, we are soliciting consents
(which pursuant to the debt instruments governing the non-USD old
notes will constitute proxies) of holders of the requisite aggregate
principal amount outstanding of each series of non-USD old notes, to
be exercised at a meeting of noteholders or an adjourned meeting of
noteholders (each as described below), as the case may be, of each
such series, approving certain amendments to the debt instruments
governing such series of non-USD old notes, including the
(a) addition of a call option in such series of non-USD old notes and
(b) removal of substantially all material affirmative and negative
covenants and events of default other than those relating to the
obligation to pay principal and interest on such series of non-USD old
notes. The call option will provide that outstanding non-USD old
notes of each series may be redeemed at any time at the option of GM
or GM Nova Scotia, as the case may be, in return for the exchange

consideration offered pursuant to the exchange offers (
i.e., 225 shares

of GM common stock per 1,000 U.S. dollar equivalent of principal
amount of non-USD old notes). In addition, (a) GM will pay, in cash,
accrued interest on the Euro old notes called for redemption pursuant
to the call option and (b) GM Nova Scotia will pay, in cash, accrued
interest on the old GM Nova Scotia notes called for redemption
pursuant to the call option, in each case from and including the most
recent interest payment date to, but not including, the redemption
date, which is expected to be the settlement date. We intend to
exercise the call option in respect of all non-USD old notes not
tendered in the exchange offers immediately upon the effectiveness of
the proposed amendments to the debt instruments governing such
non-USD old notes, if adopted. From and after the time that we
exercise the call option on any series of non-USD old notes, (a) such
notes shall be deemed to be discharged, (b) such notes will not be
transferable and (c) holders of such notes will have no further rights
in respect of those notes other than receipt of the exchange
consideration and payment in cash of accrued but unpaid interest on
such notes.
In connection with the proposed amendments to the debt instruments
governing the non-USD old notes, we will issue, not less than 21 days
in advance, notice of a first meeting of holders of each series of
non-USD old notes. At such meeting, if (a) holders of two-thirds of
the aggregate principal amount outstanding of such series of
non-USD old notes are present and so vote to approve (or in respect
of which proxies have been tendered) an extraordinary resolution will
be passed to add the call option in such series of non-USD old notes
and, (b) holders of more than one-half of the aggregate principal
amount outstanding of such series of non-USD old notes are present
and so vote to approve (or in respect of which proxies have been
tendered), an extraordinary resolution will be passed to approve the
removal of substantially all material affirmative and negative
covenants and events of default other than the obligation to pay
principal and interest on such series of non-USD old notes. All
extraordinary resolutions passed with respect to a series of non-USD
old notes will apply to all non-USD old notes of such series, including
those not tendered pursuant to the exchange offers for the non-USD
old notes. If the relevant quorums necessary to add the call option
and/or approve the other proposed amendments are not achieved at
the first meeting in respect of one or more series of non-USD old
notes, a notice will be issued for an adjourned meeting of holders of
each such series of non-USD old notes, which will take place at least
14 days after the first meeting, where, if holders of more than
one-half of the aggregate principal amount outstanding of such series
are present and so vote to approve (or in respect of which proxies
have been tendered) the extraordinary resolutions to add the call
option and to approve the other proposed amendments will be passed
in respect of such series of non-USD old notes.
Except for holders who tender non-USD old notes prior to the date on
which the registration statement of which this prospectus forms a part is
declared effective, a holder of non-USD old notes may not (a) tender its
non-USD old notes pursuant to the relevant exchange offer without
consenting to the proposed amendments or (b) consent to the proposed
amendments pursuant to the consent solicitations without tendering its
non-USD old notes pursuant to the relevant exchange offer for the
non-USD old notes. Holders who tender non-USD old notes prior to the
date on which the registration statement of which this prospectus forms
a part is declared effective will not be deemed to have consented to the

proposed amendments.

Semplifico:

1) se i non-us bondholder non approvano l'inserimento della call.....i possessori dei bond in euro se li possono tenere e non sono obbligati ad offrirle
2) il 90% delle adesioni si può raggiungere anche solo con i bond in USD....i bond in euro in circolazione sono 2,5 mld di euro....l'adesione dei usd-bond deve essere quasi totalitaria.....
3) IMHO, andra dritta in CH11.....al 99%.

P.S.: e di cosa ti devi dispiacere? Che non se ne esce? :D:D:D:D

paologorgo

Chapter 11
c'è chi la da già per certa, chi no, chi ne calcola già i costi. domani vediamo... ;)

Sources say Pres. Obama aims to announce Chrysler bankruptcy tomorrow, leading to an alliance with Fiat. (Bloomberg)

Chrysler and the Treasury are holding last-minute talks in an effort to keep the auto maker out of bankruptcy court. (WSJ)

“Taxpayer, kiss your $6 billion or $8 billion goodbye. The restructuring of Chrysler will have cost you more than $12 billion. Just to make cars that nobody wanted and save jobs that couldn’t be saved.” (Deal Journal)

---

Chrysler LLC and Treasury Department officials were holding last-minute negotiations Wednesday in an effort to keep the U.S. auto maker out of bankruptcy court even as preparations for a Chapter 11 filing moved ahead, people familiar with the matter said.
Treasury officials, led by Ron Bloom -- a key member of the Obama administration's automotive task force -- were working to persuade several hedge funds and other lenders to warm up to a critical deal to reduce Chrysler's debt, according to people briefed on the talks.
Plans were under way for President Barack Obama to deliver a speech about Chrysler on Thursday morning. People who have been briefed on the matter said two versions of the speech were being drafted -- one if Chrysler has to file for bankruptcy protection, and another if it manages to avoid that outcome.
At a town hall meeting in Missouri on Wednesday, Mr. Obama said he still didn't know "whether the deal is going to get done." He told the audience that Chrysler's unionized workers "have made enormous sacrifices," but that a key question now was: "Are the bondholders--the lenders, the money people--are they willing to make sacrifices as well? We don't know yet."
Most of the biggest lenders, including J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. and Citigroup Inc., have agreed to a debt-reduction deal, but the agreement can't go forward unless all of the lenders are on board. The debt agreement would clear a major hurdle that is keeping Chrysler from restructuring outside of bankruptcy.
Chrysler already has a cost-cutting deal with the United Auto Workers union, which is expected to be ratified in voting by workers Wednesday. Italy's Fiat SpA is also prepared to sign off on an alliance with Chrysler if labor and debt agreements are finalized.
The debt-reduction deal would offer secured lenders $2 billion in cash in exchange for forgiving $6.9 billion in debt obligations. All of the 46 creditors need to agree to the deal. Several people briefed on the matter said it is highly unlikely that all of the creditors will approve the pact.
"It seems bankruptcy is the most likely option here," one person briefed on the negotiations said Wednesday afternoon. Chrysler's bankruptcy attorneys, Chrysler executives and members of Fiat's negotiating team joined Treasury officials this week in Washington to try to reach an out-of-court deal, as well as prepare for the alternative of a bankruptcy filing.
The Treasury Department is concerned that a Chapter 11 filing by Chrysler could lead to a significant loss of control of the auto maker's future. Some of Chrysler's creditors could raise objections in bankruptcy court by arguing that the company is worth more to them in liquidation than they are granted in the Treasury's deal, which offers the creditors about 29 cents on the dollar in cash.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124102375931669205.html

paologorgo

Chapter 11
GM Bondholders Seek to Control Equity

By JOHN D. STOLL and SHARON TERLEP

A committee representing institutions owning General Motors Corp. bonds will present a counteroffer to the company's debt swap that will seek a majority stake in the car maker and ease fears about potential U.S. control of a major manufacturing company.
The bondholder committee, which represents about 20% of the debt outstanding, said its offer would save taxpayers $10 billion in cash. Under it, GM would issue new stock and give 41% of it to the UAW, 51% to the bondholders and 1% to common equity holders.
The counteroffer seeks to put bondholders on the same plane as the union, which is owed $7 billion less.
The government would not get equity under this scenario because it wouldn't need to reduce any of GM's loans. Unsecured bondholders would likely reduce their entire claim on the auto maker under this plan.
The counterproposal could meet stiff resistance from the Obama administration's automotive task force, as administration officials have said the GM deal as proposed is more than fair, and have told bondholders they would likely see less under bankruptcy.
The committeee's offer, to be presented Thursday to the task force, comes after GM offered bondholders 10% of the company's stock if nearly all of the $27 billion in unsecured debt is retired by late May.
GM's debt-for-equity exchange was initiated Monday in an effort to avoid a $1 billion debt payment due June 1.
GM's exchange is part of a wider recapitalization that would give 39% of the company's equity and about $10 billion in cash to the United Auto Workers union to restructure union health-care obligations. The government, which has lent GM $15.4 billion, would get 51% of GM stock under GM's deal in return for a 50% reduction in the money owed to taxpayers.
The auto maker is racing to complete the debt-for-equity exchange and other deals by a June 1 U.S. deadline in an effort to stay out of bankruptcy court.
Treasury officials have told GM that 90% of the company's bondholders must participate in the exchange.
The committeee's rejection of GM's exchange reflects wide displeasure among the auto maker's thousands of creditors. Small bondholders on Wednesday gathered in Warren, Mich., to speak out against the debt exchange offer because it would leave them with just cents on the dollar.
While they hold a small share of GM's debt -- around one-fifth -- the strong negative reaction from individual bondholders underscores the challenge GM faces in gaining acceptance for its offer.
"Bonds are a loan, they are not a speculative stock," said Chris Crowe, a retired electrician from Denver who said he had been relying on GM bonds to send his son to college.
Separately, GM said Wednesday it could force salaried workers to take up to three months off each year at 75% pay to reduce costs during its expected summer shutdown of plants. The program is effective Friday.
—Matthew Dolan contributed to this article. Write to John D. Stoll at [email protected] and Sharon Terlep at [email protected]

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124105121817871157.html?ru=yahoo&mod=yahoo_hs

Imark

Forumer storico
Semplifico:

1) se i non-us bondholder non approvano l'inserimento della call.....i possessori dei bond in euro se li possono tenere e non sono obbligati ad offrirle
2) il 90% delle adesioni si può raggiungere anche solo con i bond in USD....i bond in euro in circolazione sono 2,5 mld di euro....l'adesione dei usd-bond deve essere quasi totalitaria.....
3) IMHO, andra dritta in CH11.....al 99%.

P.S.: e di cosa ti devi dispiacere? Che non se ne esce? :D:D:D:D

Mi spiace era un modo di dire... ;) ... veniamo a noi: la cosa "fatta bene" è che hanno reso cmq impossibile costruire una strategia anche per i bondholders in euro.

Voglio dire: supponiamo che i bondholders in euro e in sterline (eh sì, ci sono pure i bond in GBP ... ;)) facciano holdout e che non si raggiungano le maggioranze prescritte per l'approvazione della call anticipata alle condizioni dello swap.

Questo significa che nel novero delle percentuali, il debito non in USD resta fuori PER INTERO rispetto all'obiettivo del 90% di adesioni, perché per esso, se si raggiungono le percentuali per la call, tutto il debito viene richiamato e dunque tutto concorre al raggiungimento del 90%, altrimenti al contrario l'holdout si impone anche a chi invece vorrebbe aderire all'offerta, e tutto il debito resta fuori rispetto al 90%.

Per cui chi fa holdout corre un serio rischio: quello di facilitare il mancato raggiungimento della soglia del 90%, per cui - per fare quello più furbo degli altri - è molto probabile che finisca per azzerare anche quel minimo di recupero che l'accettazione dell'offerta gli garantirebbe. :cool:

Insomma, l'holdout non può farsi i conti, e se avesse la meglio, farebbe la fine del marito che - per fare furbamente dispetto alla moglie - si taglia gli attributi... :-o

Researcher

Stop Loss? No, Thanks!!!
Mi spiace era un modo di dire... ;) ... veniamo a noi: la cosa "fatta bene" è che hanno reso cmq impossibile costruire una strategia anche per i bondholders in euro.

Voglio dire: supponiamo che i bondholders in euro e in sterline (eh sì, ci sono pure i bond in GBP ... ;)) facciano holdout e che non si raggiungano le maggioranze prescritte per l'approvazione della call anticipata alle condizioni dello swap.

Questo significa che nel novero delle percentuali, il debito non in USD resta fuori PER INTERO rispetto all'obiettivo del 90% di adesioni, perché per esso, se si raggiungono le percentuali per la call, tutto il debito viene richiamato e dunque tutto concorre al raggiungimento del 90%, altrimenti al contrario l'holdout si impone anche a chi invece vorrebbe aderire all'offerta, e tutto il debito resta fuori rispetto al 90%.

Per cui chi fa holdout corre un serio rischio: quello di facilitare il mancato raggiungimento della soglia del 90%, per cui - per fare quello più furbo degli altri - è molto probabile che finisca per azzerare anche quel minimo di recupero che l'accettazione dell'offerta gli garantirebbe. :cool:

Insomma, l'holdout non può farsi i conti, e se avesse la meglio, farebbe la fine del marito che - per fare furbamente dispetto alla moglie - si taglia gli attributi... :-o

Eh si, molto rischioso.......:)

Stavo facendo due conti sulle azioni post-scambio:

- danno 225 azioni per ogni 1000 dollari di nominale
- l'offerta è per 27 billion di dollari di debito unsecured
- questo signfica che danno 6,075 miliardi di nuove azioni (circa): (27.000.000.000/1.000) * 225
- 6,075 miliardi + quelle in circolazione (0,61 miliardi circa) = 6,685 miliardi
- posto che GM ora vale circa 1 miliardo di dollari: un'azione, post-offerta, vale circa $0,15
- cioè $33,75 su $1.000 di nominale :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sbaglio qualcosa?

Imark

Forumer storico
Eh si, molto rischioso.......:)

Stavo facendo due conti sulle azioni post-scambio:

- danno 225 azioni per ogni 1000 dollari di nominale
- l'offerta è per 27 billion di dollari di debito unsecured
- questo signfica che danno 6,075 miliardi di nuove azioni (circa): (27.000.000.000/1.000) * 225
- 6,075 miliardi + quelle in circolazione (0,61 miliardi circa) = 6,685 miliardi
- posto che GM ora vale circa 1 miliardo di dollari: un'azione, post-offerta, vale circa $0,15
- cioè $33,75 su $1.000 di nominale :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sbaglio qualcosa?

Sbaglio o non tieni conto delle azioni da distribuire al sindacato ed al governo USA ? ;)

Poi considera tuttavia che il valore espresso dalla capitalizzazione un pochino andrebbe a riprendersi (di quanto ? nessuno può dirlo oggi) però quel valore di capitalizzazione in più che presumibilmente andrebbe espresso da un abbattimento del debito (pur restando l'equity negativa, come calcolavano Paolo e Gaudente) devi andarlo a distribuire sui miliardi di azioni distribuite anche a Governo USA e sindacato (oltre che ai bondholders), ottenendone una fortissima diluizione.

A questa diluizione si prevede già nell'offerta di fare fronte con un reverse split 100 a 1 (peraltro con perdita dei valori frazionali, per cui da 225 azioni non te ne danno 2,25, bensì 2... :cool: da 675 azioni non te ne danno 6,75, bensì 6 ecc.) a seguito del quale il valore unitario delle azioni tenderà a ridursi, comprimendo ulteriormente il recupero stimabile, anche senza mettere in conto una molto probabile corsa all'uscita dal titolo azionario non appena le azioni diventeranno realmente disponibili.

Dunque un bagno di sangue se va bene, un default (che resta l'ipotesi più probabile) se va male... :cool:

Ultima modifica:

Researcher

Stop Loss? No, Thanks!!!
Sbaglio o non tieni conto delle azioni da distribuire al sindacato ed al governo USA ? ;)

Poi considera tuttavia che il valore espresso dalla capitalizzazione un pochino andrebbe a riprendersi (di quanto ? nessuno può dirlo oggi) però quel valore di capitalizzazione in più che presumibilmente andrebbe espresso da un abbattimento del debito (pur restando l'equity negativa, come calcolavano Paolo e Gaudente) devi andarlo a distribuire sui miliardi di azioni distribuite anche a Governo USA e sindacato (oltre che ai bondholders), ottenendone una fortissima diluizione.

A questa diluizione si prevede già nell'offerta di fare fronte con un reverse split (peraltro con perdita dei valori frazionali, per cui da 225 azioni non te ne danno 2,25, bensì 2... :cool: da 675 azioni non te ne danno 6,75, bensì 6 ecc.) a seguito del quale il valore unitario delle azioni tenderà a ridursi, comprimendo ulteriormente il recupero stimabile, anche senza mettere in conto una molto probabile corsa all'uscita dal titolo azionario non appena le azioni diventeranno realmente disponibili.

Dunque un bagno di sangue se va bene, un default (che resta l'ipotesi più probabile) se va male... :cool:

Anche quelle da includere.....ma, già solo con i 27 billion siamo già molto out :titanic:

Imark

Forumer storico
Anche quelle da includere.....ma, già solo con i 27 billion siamo già molto out :titanic:

Ed i 27 billions rappresentano il 10% del futuro azionariato di GM, con le azioni di Governo e sindacati a fare l'89% ... quindi come vedi, resta ai bondholders meno del resto della serva (sempre se va bene, altrimenti neanche quello).

Yunus80

Del PIG non si butta nulla
Per quel che riguarda l'hold out, è possibile che le obbligazioni USD siano inemendabili? Questo potrebbe lasciare uno spiraglio per i "duri & puri" (tant'è che i bond USD al momento quotano a premio su quelli in EUR...)

Nuovo forumer
Cari ragazzi del forum, mi ero presentato con un primo messaggio pochi giorno fa. Come avevo scritto possedevo il 2,8% del mio ptf in GM 33, con un PMC intorno ai 26 (frutto di qualche mediazione .... :() Una dura battaglia sul book nelle ultime due settimane (capirai, qualche migliaio di titoli, neanche si sono accorti di me!) e ne sono uscito, con una perdita secca sul mio ptf pari all'1% (che fa comunque a spanne il 33% dell'investito).
Cosa ho imparato?
1) che si può sbagliare un investimento, se non si studia prima
2) a muovermi come un gatto (rectius: gattino) nel book (beh, questo non è male)
3) a studiare di più (già detto)
Grazie a voi
Giulio
PS: qualche volta mi è parso che le incomprensioni IO/FOL andrebbero superate, che si stia arrivando a livelli da asilo, e che, in ambedue i forum, ci sia competenza. [fine modalità buoni sentimenti]

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto