Obbligazioni in default Lehman Brothers - sviluppi Chapter 11 (4 lettori)

AeneA

Pochi ma buoni
Intanto lo posto, poi nel fine settimana gli highlights... ;)

Riporto solo questo e lascio a te tutto il resto ;):

" Resolution of the intercompany
accounts.
After we get the assets squared
away and we get the identified outside
claims cleared away, work through the
derivative problems and understand what
those claims are, then there has to be a
final day of reckoning, the intercompany
accounts. All the intercompany accounts
will have to be adjusted with the plusses
and the minuses
and figure out who owes
what, the time it went and then, obviously
when a plan of organization is to be done,
and that resolution is really the final
act.
"

Però più avanti, in risposta a domande precise riguardo alla filiale olandese:

" Since, the other question is since
there are some, for example, bonds issued
by European entities which are guaranteed
by Lehman Brothers Holding Incorporated,
for example, some bonds issued by treasury
in Netherlands, the question is, as far as
creditors are concerned, the creditors of
the bondholders, for example, which who
have bonds issued by those European
entities, do they have to provide claims
both under this Chapter 11 claim case and
in the case of, you know, bankruptcy
situation of Netherlands or United
Kingdom?
MR. WAISMAN: All persons who believe
they have claims against these entities
will need to file claims against these
entities to protect them
. So each
creditor has to decide who the direct
obligor is and who the guarantor is, if
there's a guarantor.
THE SPEAKER: So if there's a
guarantor, then the creditor should claim
under it.
MR. WAISMAN: If the creditor is a
creditor of these entities, directly or
under a guarantee, it will have to file a
claim, absolutely.
"

E ancora:

" THE SPEAKER: The structured notes
were issued by Lehman Brothers Treasury
and guaranteed by Lehman Brothers
Holdings, Inc.
, and we're wondering, as
custodians for our customers, whether the
Chapter 11 debtors have a view as to the
appropriate entity to file a claim on
account of guarantee here in the Chapter
11 case, and if the answer is no, whether
it would be consistent with whatever
determination was made by the
administrator who's administrating the
process for LBT.
MR. WAISMAN: If you have a guarantee
issued by Lehman Brothers Holdings
, Inc.
or any of the other debtors, you will need
to file a claim against that debtor
. As
to BV issues, specifically, we are aware
and we have met with the Trustee, and we
will try to make it as easy as is possible
to coordinate and make sure that claims
are properly disposed.
"

Quindi sembrerebbe che stiano ancora decidendo come procedere per la Treasury BV, ma che indicativamente il claim vada presentato al garante dei bond, quindi alla LBHI :specchio:

Qui Waisman traccheggia, riguardo alle precedenze dei debiti (pag. 90)

" Can you tell me if they're a priority
in the bankruptcy for senior debt
security?

MR. WAISMAN: I'm not familiar with
that security.
:eek:
THE SPEAKER: You're not familiar.
What does that mean, you're not
familiar?
MR. WAISMAN: I've not heard of it.
THE SPEAKER: You've not heard of it
in terms of any priority?
MR. WAISMAN: We have not, as of yet
we have no bar date. We have not looked
at the entire waterfall of claims to
analyze where in the waterfall of the
capital structure things fall. So we have
not analyzed that product or others.
THE SPEAKER: Well, I'm sure it's a
pretty common product.
When do you expect to do that, and
where do you know where you fall in line
with the waterfall?
MR. WAISMAN: Ultimately, the
schedules are filed, the bar date needs to
be established, the claims need to come
in, and then you drive towards
understanding the entire capital structure
as to where things fall, the capital
structure as each of the, you know, 18, 19
filed entities throughout the
organization. It will take some time."

samantaao

Forumer storico
vi chiedo consiglio

ciao ragazzi,
per fortuna o per sfi.ga è il primo ch11 in cui casco...
fino a questi gg ci ho messo una pietra sopra pensando solo ad amministrare i soldi rimasti piuttosto che a piangere i versati
"finalmente" mi è arrivata comunicazione dalla banca in cui mi si chiede se voglio essere assistito gratuitamente... almeno così penso di poter riassumere da quanto scritto
non nascondo il nome della banca depositaria nel caso possa essere importante per valutare tale decisione
premesso che la cifra non è tale da giustificare azioni "solitarie" pensavo di richiedere tale servizio, oppure ci potrebbero essere per esempio azioni di gruppo più efficaci?
ps ho...avevo:rolleyes: solo LBHI

grazie:bow:

1234091341letteralehman.jpg

AeneA

Pochi ma buoni
ciao ragazzi,
per fortuna o per sfi.ga è il primo ch11 in cui casco...
fino a questi gg ci ho messo una pietra sopra pensando solo ad amministrare i soldi rimasti piuttosto che a piangere i versati
"finalmente" mi è arrivata comunicazione dalla banca in cui mi si chiede se voglio essere assistito gratuitamente... almeno così penso di poter riassumere da quanto scritto
non nascondo il nome della banca depositaria nel caso possa essere importante per valutare tale decisione
premesso che la cifra non è tale da giustificare azioni "solitarie" pensavo di richiedere tale servizio, oppure ci potrebbero essere per esempio azioni di gruppo più efficaci?
ps ho...avevo:rolleyes: solo LBHI

grazie:bow:

E' già qualcosa che ti scrivano... a me nemmeno hanno scritto ufficialmente che la Lehman è fallita... solo comunicazioni verbali e accusato ricevuta della lettera dell'avvocato che gli ha chiesto i documenti sottoscritti :rolleyes:

Finchè in USA non decidono la data della chiusura dei claims non c'è fretta; si parla di comunicare la data a marzo e sicuramente non chiuderanno la procedura in pochi giorni, quindi c'è tempo.

In realtà nel sito della Epiqsystem c'è il modulo da scaricare e riempire, si potrebbe fare già ora; io che ho le Treasury BV invece devo aspettare per forza, per capire come vogliono procedere per queste.

Comunque assistere i clienti per la procedura di claim mi pare il minimo che le banche possano fare; non credo che questo limiti altre azioni, tipo quelle contro la banca stessa, ma sicuramente qui ci sono persone più esperte che sapranno risponderti più in dettaglio.

samantaao

Forumer storico
E' già qualcosa che ti scrivano... a me nemmeno hanno scritto ufficialmente che la Lehman è fallita... solo comunicazioni verbali e accusato ricevuta della lettera dell'avvocato che gli ha chiesto i documenti sottoscritti :rolleyes:

Finchè in USA non decidono la data della chiusura dei claims non c'è fretta; si parla di comunicare la data a marzo e sicuramente non chiuderanno la procedura in pochi giorni, quindi c'è tempo.

In realtà nel sito della Epiqsystem c'è il modulo da scaricare e riempire, si potrebbe fare già ora; io che ho le Treasury BV invece devo aspettare per forza, per capire come vogliono procedere per queste.

Comunque assistere i clienti per la procedura di claim mi pare il minimo che le banche possano fare; non credo che questo limiti altre azioni, tipo quelle contro la banca stessa, ma sicuramente qui ci sono persone più esperte che sapranno risponderti più in dettaglio.

grazie mille AeneA!!
sei molto gentile
ringrazio anche Paologorgo, con cui tempo fa ho scambiato qualche mp più o meno sullo stesso argomento
e... complimenti per il lavoro che state facendo
sam

AeneA

Pochi ma buoni
questa è un po' complicata (anche da trovare...): sembra che Lehman Bank (quella che dice di aver rifilato il giorno prima del fallimento a Lehman un paio di bilioni di schifezze contando anche su garanzie di affiliate...) abbia bisogno (strano?) di soldi e necessiti ricapitalizzazione. Faranno come con l'altra banca? Tra l'altro questi continuano a vendere e comperare loans tra affiliati...

Tutta la documentazione: http://www.ots.treas.gov/?p=InstitutionSearch&&iid=06069&hid=

Sono citate anche altre banche del gruppo, ma non la Woodlands (quella che dovevano rifinanziare); seguendo i vari link si possono vedere anche le varie operazioni che hanno richiesto in precedenza :)

AeneA

Pochi ma buoni
Docket 2789 - 2790 - 2791 - Lehman Brothers Finance AG

Ci siamo sbagliati cap.2 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"PricewaterhouseCoopers AG, Zurich (“PwC”), in its capacity as duly authorized
Bankruptcy Liquidator and putative foreign representative of Lehman Brothers Finance AG, in
Liquidation, also known as Lehman Brothers Finance SA, in Liquidation, a Swiss corporation

(“LBF”), by and through its United States counsel, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, files this
motion
(the “Motion”) pursuant to section 305 of title 11 of the United States Code (the
“Bankruptcy Code”) for an order dismissing the currently pending chapter 11 case regarding
LBF
(the “Chapter 11 Case”) immediately upon recognition of the currently ongoing bankruptcy
proceeding in Switzerland regarding LBF (the “Swiss Bankruptcy”) as a foreign main
proceeding under sections 1502(4), 1504, 1515 and 1517 of the Bankruptcy Code. "
protect LBF’s U.S. assets. Although the filing was approved by the CRO, neither LBF’s board
of directors nor PwC, which had before such date been appointed by the Swiss Federal Banking
Commission to act as Observer of LBF (with the power to approve any legal actions taken by
the board of directors or officers of LBF) in proceedings then pending in Switzerland, approved
the filing of the Chapter 11 Case.
2. Concurrently with this Motion, PwC has filed a petition (the “Chapter 15
Petition”) seeking (i) recognition of the Swiss Bankruptcy as a “foreign main proceeding,” and
of PwC as the “foreign representative” of LBF under chapter 15 of the Bankruptcy Code,
and
(ii) additional relief under section 1521 of the Bankruptcy Code. PwC believes that the
ancillary case commenced by the Chapter 15 Petition (the “Chapter 15 Case”) is the most
efficient, expeditious and appropriate vehicle for administering LBF’s limited assets in the
United States. Therefore, upon recognition of the Swiss Bankruptcy as a foreign main
proceeding and the granting of relief under section 1521, the Chapter 11 Case will serve no
further purpose. In fact, continuing the Chapter 11 Case regarding LBF would impose
unnecessary administrative and financial burdens that would ultimately be borne by LBF’s
creditors.
3. Therefore, PwC requests the dismissal of the Chapter 11 Case pursuant to
sections 305(a)(2) and 305(b) of the Bankruptcy Code, effective immediately upon entry of this
Court’s order granting recognition of the Swiss Bankruptcy, confirming the effectiveness of
relief under section 1520, and granting relief under section 1521. "

"CONCLUSION
WHEREFORE, PwC respectfully requests that this Court, pursuant to sections
305(a)(2) and 305(b) of the Bankruptcy Code, enter an order, substantially in the form attached
as Exhibit E hereto and effective immediately upon entry of this Court’s separate order granting
the Chapter 15 Petition, (i) dismissing the Chapter 11 Case, (ii) transferring the Kelly Adversary
to the Chapter 15 Case, and (iii) granting such other and further relief as may be just and proper."

Insomma, questa sussidiaria è già in liquidazione in Svizzera, se ne occupa la PricewaterhouseCoopers, vorremmo gentilmente essere spostati in ch15, grazie :D

AeneA

Pochi ma buoni
Docket 2819 - LBIE

Sicuramente è molto interessante, ma in questo momento faccio solo in tempo a linkare... a leggere 128 pagine ci metto un po' ;)

Cercherò di fare un riassuntino fra stasera e domani:

Letter Documents Concerning U.K. Administration of Lehman Brothers International (Europe)

In pratica questo documento è una lunga relazione sulla situazione attuale della procedura inglese... posso anticipare che c'è scritto che ci metteranno anni :wall:

PS Non l'ho allegato, è pesante perchè ci sono diversi schemi e documenti... spero che il link funzioni a dovere!

AeneA

Pochi ma buoni
E per finire (per ora ovviamente) in allegato:

Lehman Brothers International Protocol Proposal

Nuova pubblicazione di Alvarez&Marsal, riguardo i rapporti con le varie sussidiarie estere, in pratica queste:

1234446686immagine1.jpg

Non ci sono grosse novità, è un quadro generale della situazione e dei passi che hanno intenzione di compiere in futuro.

I conti a settembre erano questi:

1234446653immagine2.jpg

Interessante questo paragrafetto:

" Administrator reaction:
• SIPA Trustee (LBI): Unwilling to entertain a protocol that covers anything other than
data and information sharing

• PwC (UK): Reluctant to set a precedent and concerned about conflict with statutory role
• KPMG / PPB: Willingness to pursue
• Oh-Ebashi: Unwilling to entertain protocol"

Allegati

• International_Protocol_Proposal_2-10-09.pdf
    251,9 KB · Visite: 868

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto