ETC Natural Gas (1 Viewer)

NEO_99

Forumer storico
NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--Natural gas futures reversed their earlier gains Thursday, falling after a report of a smaller-than-average weekly draw from U.S. inventories.
Natural gas for April delivery recently traded lower by 3.1 cents, or 0.7%, at $4.304 a million British thermal units on the New York Mercantile Exchange. The contract traded at about $4.367/MMBtu before the report.
The Energy Information Administration said U.S. gas stockpiles fell by 6 billion cubic feet last week, near consensus estimates in a Dow Jones Newswires survey for a 5-bcf draw.
The draw was smaller than the five-year average draw of 17 bcf. Last year 7 bcf was injected into storage.
Inventories as of March 18 stood at 1.612 trillion cubic feet, 2.2% above the five-year average and 0.7% below 2010 levels.
Traders said market participants had likely positioned themselves conservatively ahead of Thursday's report after last week's report of a surprisingly large draw caught traders off guard and sparked a rally of more than 5%.
"We've got a little bit of a pullback," said Phil Flynn, a broker and analyst with PFGBest in Chicago. The storage figure "was a bit bearish in meeting expectations," he said.
Flynn added that futures were also likely under pressure as traders took the opportunity to cash out to profit from the market's recent gains.
Gas had ended higher for the last two sessions on the view that cold weather across the northern tier of the U.S. would lift demand for the heating fuel and could lead to a late-season withdrawal from stockpiles.
Forecasters Thursday continued to see colder-than-normal temperatures across much of the Northeast and upper Midwest through next week. Meteorologists with private forecaster Commodity Weather Group expect much-colder-than-normal temperatures to stretch from New England to Minneapolis and Iowa through this weekend.
The cold weather, combined with questions about the viability of nuclear power in the wake of the Japanese crisis, has helped to wake the U.S. gas market from its recent slumber. Benchmark gas futures spent much of February and early March trading in a narrow range, with market participants reluctant to be that prices would fall from what were already unusually low levels, and spring's coming dip in demand capping gains.

maxgas

SonLoss
Non volevo credere alle dicerie che i reggiani avessero tale caratteristica, ma dopo aver conosciuto Prodi vi è palese prova scientifica. Comunque saluti da Bologna.
mah,io vivendoci non noto persone con tale caratteristica,penso sia solo un modo di dire.vorrei precisare che per me il campanilismo non ha senso

rob

grazie neo
sempre molto interessanti i reportage che posti provenienti da oltreoceano
....danno sempre il quadro preciso della situazione, motivandone i movimenti.
moooolto utili
thanks a lot

NEO_99

Forumer storico
grazie neo
sempre molto interessanti i reportage che posti provenienti da oltreoceano
....danno sempre il quadro preciso della situazione, motivandone i movimenti.
moooolto utili
thanks a lot
:up:

si aspettavano un dato buono come settimana scorsa..per avvalorare le recenti news, ed invece li ha riportati alla realta'..anche se ci possono essere ancora delle sorprese.... e cmq piu' avanti vedemo se ci saranno riflessioni interne che possano davvero dare una svolta...per ora i dati parlano ancora nello stesso modo

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto