Obbligazioni societarie GM, Ford, Chrysler: il 3D dell'automotive USA (1 Viewer)

Yunus80

Del PIG non si butta nulla
GM in Ch11

Accorpate pure al thread principale, ma ci tenevo ad aprirlo... ;)

Gm deposita bilancio in tribunale NY, richiede Chapter 11

NEW YORK, 1 giugno (Reuters) - General Motors (GM.N: Quotazione) ha ufficialmente presentato richiesta di protezione dai creditori in base alla procedura fallimentare prevista dal 'Chapter 11' presso la corte del Distretto sud di New York.
Lo dicono le carte del tribunale, che registra il caso al numero 09-50026 a Manhattan.
Al 31 marzo scorso, sempre secondo i documenti depositati, su base consolidata le attività della casa di Detroit hanno un valore di 82,29 miliardi di dollari, mentre le passività ammontano a 172,81 miliardi.
La richiesta di insolvenza è stata approvata dal consiglio Gm insieme al piano del dipartimento al Tesoro Usa ieri 31 maggio.
Tra i principali creditori non garantiti figurano Wilmington Trust con 22,76 miliardi in obbligazioni e il sindacato Uaw con 20,56 miliardi di titoli per i dipendenti.
State Street detiene, controlla o possiede il 17 per cento delle azioni Gm con diritto di voto.
Il caso è stato affidato al giudice Robert Gerber.

paologorgo

Chapter 11
in due numeri:

Allegati

• GM filing 02.jpg
    GM filing 02.jpg
    86,9 KB · Visite: 385
  • GM filing ch 11.pdf
    143,6 KB · Visite: 241

troppidebiti

Forumer storico
in due numeri:

paolo a me questa storia convince sempre meno....non è possibile far scomparire miliardi di debiti in un solo "puff" ci saranno conseguenze molto molto pesanti

prima di tutto c' è la questione ford ma anche importanti aziende che vendono autoricambi non se la passano bene...fino ad arrivare ai gruppi europei psa fiat ecc...

paologorgo

Chapter 11
paolo a me questa storia convince sempre meno....non è possibile far scomparire miliardi di debiti in un solo "puff" ci saranno conseguenze molto molto pesanti

prima di tutto c' è la questione ford ma anche importanti aziende che vendono autoricambi non se la passano bene...fino ad arrivare ai gruppi europei psa fiat ecc...

sicuramente il settore non se la passa benissimo, ma non credo che il filing sia stato una sorpresa per nessuno... ;)

tant'è che Ford ha già chiesto alla corte di inviare copia di ogni docket... niente di più bello che controllare ogni decisione che un tuo concorrente sta prendendo, e che è obbligato a sottoporre al giudice pubblicamente... :rolleyes:

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that Davis Polk & Wardwell hereby
appears in the above-captioned chapter 11 case and any other chapter 11 cases
that are consolidated with the above-captioned case for administrative purposes
(collectively, the “Cases”) as attorneys for Ford Motor Company and its affiliates
that are parties in interest in the Cases (collectively, “Ford”) and requests,
pursuant to Rules 2002, 9007 and 9010(b) of the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy
Procedure, and Sections 102(1) and 1109(b) of chapter 11 of title 11 of the United
States Code, that all notices given or required to be given in connection with the
Cases, and all papers served or required to be served in connection therewith, be
given and served upon:
Donald S. Bernstein
Marshall S. Huebner
Davis Polk & Wardwell
450 Lexington Avenue
New York, New York 10017
Telephone: (212) 450-4000
Facsimile: (212) 450-6444
Email: [email protected]

paologorgo

Chapter 11
NEW YORK, June 1 (Reuters) - Fitch Ratings on Monday cut its rating on General Motors Corp (GM.N) to D, or default, from C after the automaker filed for bankruptcy protection.
Fitch said it expects to re-rate the company after it emerges from bankruptcy and is unlikely to assign a rating higher than CCC, the seventh-highest junk rating.
"Even with a successful navigation of the bankruptcy process, GM is likely to emerge with a leveraged capital structure," Fitch said in a statement.
Fitch said recovery prospects appear low for GM bondholders, although final recoveries are highly uncertain as they will depend on the equity value of a restructured or new GM.
Fitch kept its rating on GM's senior secured bank loans at CCC with an RR1 recovery rating, indicating that a full recovery is expected. Senior unsecured debt was downgraded to C with an RR6 recovery rating, indicating recoveries are expected to be between zero and 10 percent.

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSN0147246620090601?rpc=44

paologorgo

Chapter 11
THE WHITE HOUSE
Office of the Press Secretary

BACKGROUND BRIEFING
BY SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIALS
ON THE GENERAL MOTORS RESTRUCTURING

May 31, 2009
Via Conference Call​

First, the new GM will establish a new VEBA, a new independent trust. And you will recall that I mentioned the $20 billion obligation that the old General Motors had to VEBA. As part of the shared sacrifice that the President has emphasize, that will be replaced by a $2.5 billion note, $6.5 billion of preferred stock, and 17.5 percent of the equity of new GM -- thus warrants to purchase an additional 2.5 percent of the company. As was the case in Chrysler, VEBA will have the right to select one independent director, and as in the case with Chrysler, and will be the case with both companies, neither VEBA nor UAW will have any right to voter's share or any other government right. So it is with the exception of one independent director, a purely passive interest.

Q Good evening. Appreciating that this is obviously a bigger company than Chrysler, how quickly do you expect you can get it through, and do you expect that legally it will be more difficult?

SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL: In 60 to 90 days; more complicated and many more moving pieces, but we are hopeful that it will have a similar successful outcome.

Q My question is to expand the subsidiary of GM. Australia, for instance, has got a subsidiary of General Motors America. What will happen to those subsidiaries, and will there be any restrictions on the new GM investing in factories overseas, like for instance, the factory in Australia?

SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL: One of the principles that the President established early on that we have very much intimated as part of this is that U.S. taxpayer dollars should stay within the U.S. And that is not intended to sound protectionist -- I think it's a principle that every country follows. And so we do not intend to use U.S. taxpayer dollars to support foreign subsidiaries. Happily, most of GM's foreign subsidiaries are able to sustain themselves independently or by receiving support from their local governments, as I believe will be the case in Australia. We have had contacts with the Australian government on this matter and I believe they're intending to support GM Australia.
You're all aware of the restructuring of Opel -- of GM Europe, and that was effected under the same set of principles, and those are the principles that we intend to maintain going forward. I think having a global footprint is certainly an advantage to General Motors, and to the extent that it is financially prudent and within those principles, we'd certainly like to see it continue.

SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL: Ford has ample financial resources. Ford has been very successful in maintaining and even growing its market share during this period and is a world-class company, and we do believe completely -- and that has been the President's decision -- the belief that this country can support three domestic successful, viable auto companies.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Background-Briefing-on-GM-Restructuring-May-31-2009/

TheLondoner

Forumer storico
su Marketwatch c'è un bell'articolo circa l'impatto della bancarotta GM sull'economia americana: link
da non perdere i commenti a fondo pagina...

paologorgo

Chapter 11
tra le cose divertenti, un comitato di difesa dei consumatori vittime di GM, tra quelle serie, un primo comitato dei bondholder, cui partecipano anche fondi che in teoria facevano parte del più grosso comitato che ha "accettato" l'ultima offerta... :-o

Allegati

• GM consumer victims.jpg
    GM consumer victims.jpg
    39,6 KB · Visite: 140
  • GM bondholder c 01.jpg
    GM bondholder c 01.jpg
    33,8 KB · Visite: 140
  • GM BONDHOLDER C 2.jpg
    GM BONDHOLDER C 2.jpg
    90,7 KB · Visite: 450

lorenzo63

Age quod Agis
Gm vende il marchio Hummer ai cinesi di Sichuan Tengzhong

Il marchio Hummer di General Motors, quello dei celebri e amati-odiati fuoristrada e Suv basati su un modello di veicolo militare (l'Humvee), sarà venduto alla compagnia cinese Sichuan Tengzhong, compagnia cinese specializzata nei veicoli speciali e nella componentistica. L'anticipazione è del New York Times, dopo che il gruppo di Detroit - reduce dalla richiesta di amministrazione controllata e ormai avviato al controllo pubblico per fare fronte a debiti miliardari - aveva annunciato di aver sottoscritto protocollo d'intesa con un partner per la vendita del brand Hummer. Almeno un'altra azienda sarebbe ancora interessata a comprare Hummer, ma i colloqui sarebbero congelati. L'operazione - scrive l'agenzia Bloomberg - dovrebbe essere completata entro la fine del terzo trimestre, e non si conoscono i termini finanziari dell'accordo. Le stime sul valore del marchio Hummer parlano di circa 500 milioni di dollari.
Dopo il grande successo raccolto negli anni d'oro dei Suv, il mutamento dei gusti della clientela americana, ora orientata su modelli più efficienti, l'anno scorso ha fatto crollare del 51% le vendite di Hummer in Usa. Quando mise il marchio per la prima volta, nel giugno 2008, General Motors sperava di ricavarne oltre mezzo miliardo di dollari. Ma, secondo gli analisti, le mutate condizioni del mercato garantirebbero ora alla compagnia Usa un ricavo di circa 100 milioni di dollari.

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto