Tbond-tbills-tBUND-ti amo MARJA (VM 10 anni in borsa) (3 lettori)

quicksilver

Forumer storico
hunter_running_from_bear_hg_clr.gif

gastronomo

Forumer storico
Developing Nation Debt Costs Soar as Belarus Joins IMF Requests

By Denis Maternovsky and Laura Cochrane
Oct. 23 (Bloomberg) -- Developing nations' borrowing costs jumped to the highest in six years as Belarus joined governments seeking a bailout from the International Monetary Fund to help weather the credit crisis and slump in commodities.
The extra yield investors demand to own emerging-market government bonds instead of U.S. Treasuries rose 24 basis points to 8.26 percentage points, the most since November 2002, according to JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s EMBI+ index. The annual cost to protect Russia's bonds from default soared to 10.5 percent of debt insured, from 9.5 percent yesterday, according to credit- default swap prices from CMA Datavision.
``There is now no safe haven globally other than a deeply indebted U.S. government,'' said Jim Reid, head of fundamental credit strategy at Deutsche Bank AG in London. ``The events of the last few days are categorical evidence of the globalization of the credit crunch and its subsequent problems.''
Ex-Soviet Belarus followed Iceland, Pakistan, Hungary and Ukraine in requesting emergency loans as the global financial crisis limits its ability to borrow, the IMF said yesterday. Argentina's lawmakers are attempting to stop President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner seizing pension funds from money managers, as the country risks defaulting for the second time this decade.
Emerging-market stocks, bonds and currencies are getting battered as the financial crisis that began with U.S. mortgages last year pushes the global economy toward a recession, crimping the demand for the commodities that sustain most developing nations' finances. The IMF forecast global growth will slow to 3 percent in 2009, from 3.9 percent this year, signaling a global recession.
Stocks in emerging markets have tumbled 59 percent this year, compared with 43 percent for developed countries, according to MSCI Indexes.
Government Bailouts
Belarus applied for a $2 billion loan and may also seek funds from central banks and commercial banks in other countries, news agency Interfax reported yesterday, citing the Belarusian central bank.
Speculation that Argentina's Fernandez intends to finance the government with privately managed retirement funds has roiled Latin America's markets. Argentine stocks had their biggest two-day drop since 1990 and dollar bond yields topped 30 percent on concern the takeover shows the government is struggling to avert a default. The last time the government seized savings was in 2001, before it reneged on $95 billion of debt and triggered a global selloff.
IMF bailout applicants Hungary and Ukraine led declines in emerging-market stocks to the lowest since 2005. The Budapest Stock Exchange index dropped for a sixth day, declining 3.43 percent to the lowest in five years. Ukraine's PFTS index fell 2.8 percent.
Vulnerable Nations
The MSCI Emerging Markets Index of shares fell 3.7 percent to 513.28 at 10.56 a.m. in London, extending the worst monthly decline in at least two decades.
``The threat from the economic slowdown will be greatest in small open economies, those with sizeable external imbalances, and countries with large banking sectors,'' said Ivailo Vesselinov, a senior economist at Dresdner Kleinwort in London. South Korea and Europe's Baltic and Balkan nations are ``particularly vulnerable,'' he said.
South Korea's won fell 3.4 percent to the lowest since 1998 on concern demand for the nation's exports is dwindling and the Kospi stock index slumped 7.5 percent. Romania's leu decreased 1.8 percent.
Default Swaps Surge
The cost to protect debt payments by 14 emerging-market governments from Argentina to Ukraine surged overnight by 3.2 percentage points to 9.9 percent, according to Deutsche Bank prices on the CDX Emerging Markets credit-default swap index.
``It isn't necessary for a major economy like Russia or Brazil to fall for there to be severe pressure across the emerging-market universe,'' said Vesselinov.
Credit-default swaps protect bondholders against default by paying the buyer face value in exchange for the underlying securities or the cash equivalent should a borrower fail to adhere to its debt agreements. An increase indicates a deterioration in the perception of credit quality.
The yield on Russia's 30-year, 7.5 percent dollar notes increased 34 basis points to 11.32 percent, an all-time high.
Russia's international reserves, the world's third largest, fell $14.9 billion last week after the central bank sold currency to prop up the ruble.
To contact the reporter on this story: Denis Maternovsky in Moscow at [email protected].

Sharnin 2

Forumer storico
Riempire di soldi le banche (come fece anche il Giappone) non risolve la crisi reale
JOSEPH HALEVI

I «mercati» finanziari non stanno reggendo e mostrano in pieno la loro inutilità, come aveva ben capito il compianto Federico Caffè. E' da un anno e mezzo che stiamo assistendo al disfacimento del sistema bancario occidentale e da gennaio, ad ogni iniezione di denaro, mercati, banche ed affini reagiscono sempre peggio. Idealmente si poteva intervenire con raziocinio senza trovarsi in una situazione in cui tutto si paralizza perchè al blocco degli scambi interbancari si accavalla la materializzazione della recessione.
Le misure finora adottate non sono solo insufficienti: sono errate, in quanto affrontano il problema dal lato sbagliato, quello delle banche. La sfiducia tra le varie banche non può essere eliminata scaraventandovi denaro, perché nasce dalla mancanza di valore dei titoli «collaterali». Le banche si terranno quindi i soldi preferendo la liquidità. I valori non ci sono perchè, con la contaminazione dei veicoli di investimento strutturati e prodotti derivati, in cui si racchiudevano i beni collaterali che dovevano fare da garanzia, sono evaporati i prezzi. Quindi le relazioni economiche interbancarie non hanno più un sistema di prezzi e di valori su cui basarsi. Ciò rende difficile trasformare in prestiti interbancari la liquidità reale convogliata verso le banche.
La gravità del fenomeno è ampliata dal fatto che prodotti derivati e simili servivano da «quasi moneta». Come osservato da Paul Fabra in un bell'articolo apparso su Les Echos del 10 ottobre, prima della finanziarizzazione totale dell'economia il sistema era visibile. Si sapeva cosa rappresentavono i titoli in cui veniva piazzato il denaro. In tale contesto, sottolinea Fabra, erano prevalentemente le banche a piazzare i soldi in titoli pubblici a breve termine, sicuri e a basso rendimento. Con la girandola finanziaria dell'ultimo ventennio, invece,tutte le società si sono lanciate in collocamenti che promettevano tassi di plusvalenza molto più alti dei vari saggi del profitto. Le alte plusvalenze erano connesse al rischio. Così, la liquidità tradizionale è scomparsa dalle imprese, sostituita da una moneta fittizia composta di prodotti derivati, sintetici, strutturati ecc. Inizialmente il marciume contenuto nei pacchetti di titoli venne consapevolmente dissimulato. Poi il moltiplicarsi e l'intrecciarsi di tali pacchetti ha reso il marciume generale e invisibile, espandendo geometricamente la moneta fittizia. L'implosione di tali «prodotti» ha cancellato gran parte dei valori collaterali che costituivano gli assets, nonchè la liquidità delle banche e di non poche imprese industriali, specialmente Usa. Ne consegue che, nel caso degli Stati Uniti, l'operazione di estrarre dal sistema bancario i prodotti marci contro l'erogazione dei 700 miliardi di dollari votati dal Congresso, non poteva ricreare la fiducia ma solo un'iniziale fiammata illusoria. Subito spentasi. I 700 miliardi infatti non ricapitalizzano le banche. Pertanto i soldi «veri» vengono iniettati senza eliminare il rischio della controparte. Ne scaturisce dunque l'esigenza di aggrapparsi a questi soldi disperatamente, piuttosto che prestarli.
L'Europa dei 15 ha scelto di rifornire le banche di soldi, senza porsi l'obiettivo di asportarne i tumori. Operazione considerata rischiosa. I 15 hanno anche ottenuto dalla Federal Reserve statunitense il permesso di prendere a prestito dollari per quantità illimitate senza alcun monitoraggio legale. Quindi l'operazione europea dipende decisamente dalla disposizione degli Usa di assecondarla incondizionatamente. Questa misura può allentare la strozzatura in cui si trova la circolazione interbancaria, ma in concreto non rilancia nulla.
L'esperimento venne già effettuato su larga scala in Giappone durante la crisi durata oltre un decennio, dal 1992 in poi. Le banche, soggette ad una vera e propria deflazione da debito, furono inondate di soldi da parte della banca centrale nipponica, il cui tasso di interesse fu addirittura azzerato. Non successe nulla. Le banche si tennero i soldi senza espandere il credito. Ciò che aiutò il Giappone ad evitare la depressione e a sopravvivere nella stagnazione furono le esportazioni nette, cioè la domanda reale di merci dal resto del mondo, come anche il deficit pubblico - spesa diretta in attività più strane e opinabili, tanto per assorbire produzione reale (come la pavimentazione in cemento dei fiumi).
Per l'Europa la prima soluzione giapponese è impossibile. Con il mondo in recessione, con la crescita ormai limitata a Cina e India, l'Europa non può trovare la via d'uscita nelle esportazioni nette, tra l'altro esigue rispetto al Pil. La strada più sicura è affrontare il problema non dal lato delle banche, bensì cominciando di chi non può che spendere. Cioè dal lato della popolazione. Qui l'Europa è meglio piazzata del Giappone, in quanto non ha una struttura industriale da sovrapproduzione permanente come Tokyo nè un debito estero come gli Usa. Ma per spostare l'asse gravitazionale dalle banche alla spesa per la popolazione bisogna voler e saper lottare senza molti compromessi. Non succederà.

gastronomo

Forumer storico
Goldman Sachs May Slash 3,200 Jobs as Turmoil Worsens (Update1)

By Joyce Moullakis and Christine Harper
Oct. 23 (Bloomberg) -- Goldman Sachs Group Inc., the only firm among Wall Street's five biggest to remain profitable through the credit crisis, will shed about 3,200 workers, or 10 percent of its staff, as the revenue outlook worsens, according to a person briefed on the plans who declined to be identified.
The cuts add to more than 130,000 jobs eliminated in the financial industry since mid-2007, eclipsing the cuts after the Internet bubble burst in 2001. Paul Kafka, a Goldman spokesman in London, wouldn't comment. Goldman had 32,569 employees at the end of August, up 3 percent from May and 9 percent for the year.
Banks worldwide are shelving deals and cutting jobs as the unprecedented turmoil in credit markets spreads and spurs concern the global economy may fall into a recession. Goldman, which converted to a bank holding company last month and is receiving $10 billion from the U.S. Treasury, has dropped by almost 50 percent in New York trading this year.
``When a lean and mean firm starts trimming, they're cutting into muscle,'' said Shaun Springer, chief executive officer of Napier Scott Executive Search Ltd. in London. ``The fact that they are cutting 10 percent is quite indicative of the fact that there are still a lot of problems ahead.''
The new job cuts signal a reversal in strategy at Goldman since Sept. 16, when Chief Financial Officer David Viniar told analysts he expected the number of Goldman employees to increase by a percentage ``in the low single digits'' this year, excluding the purchase of a mortgage servicing company.
Nine-Month Revenue
The firm's revenue for nine months this year slid 32 percent from a year earlier, as investment banking fell 26 percent and trading and principal investment plunged 45 percent. Revenue may drop 38 percent in the quarter that ends in November, according to the average estimate of 12 analysts surveyed by Bloomberg.
Mergers and acquisitions, in which Goldman is the top-ranked adviser for the eighth consecutive year, have declined by almost one third this year, and global equity offerings have tumbled 39 percent, Bloomberg data show.
The company has booked $4.9 billion of losses on devalued assets such as mortgage securities and leveraged loans, a fraction of the writedowns taken by rivals such as Citigroup Inc., Merrill Lynch & Co. and Morgan Stanley.
Citigroup has cut 24,000 jobs in the past 18 months, more than any other bank in the world, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., which filed for bankruptcy last month, eliminated almost 14,000 jobs, the data show.
Further Reductions
Other financial firms are planning further reductions. Merrill Lynch may cut more than 10,000 jobs after Bank of America Corp. completes its $50 billion acquisition of the firm, Ladenburg Thalmann Inc. analyst Richard Bove said this week. The Wall Street Journal reported Goldman Sachs's plan to cut jobs earlier today.
Banks may cut 62,000 jobs in London by the end of next year, reducing employment in the industry to the lowest level in more than a decade as the credit crisis worsens, the Centre for Economics and Business Research estimated this month.
In New York, state budget planners expect a loss of 40,000 financial jobs this year.
To contact the reporters on this story: Joyce Moullakis in London at [email protected]; Christine Harper in New York at [email protected]

Metatarso

Forumer storico
Che vuoi dire?
Mi è rimasto in testa un seme, la sua uscita di qualche settimana fa: "e adesso tocca ad una banca italiana".
Poi l'ho visto a Matrix su Canale 5. Avrà preso come minimo un 10mila euro di cachet... :rolleyes:
E ieri lo vedevo sulla CNBC, a parlare di tutto e di tutti... sembra diventato una autorità in grado di muovere i mercati...

E ora il seme è germogliato: come fa a sapere tutto di tutti ? Perchè era informato in anticipo sulla banca italiana ? C'è qualcuno, anche più di uno, che lo informa, o altro ?
Il mondo della finanza è una merd@, per i soldi venderebbero anche la madre, non credo avvenga nulla per caso, e mi chiedo: non è che si può fare, diciamo, un front-running sulle sue uscite ? :rolleyes:

PS: ma guardate che belle le sue foto su tutti i canali finanziari :rolleyes:
http://www.rgemonitor.com/blog/roubini/
metto il link, così se qualcuno sul suo blog guarda i log con le URL referrer da cui provengono i link, vedono il mio post... che i furbacchioni mi hanno rotto il caz. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto