Tbond-tbills-tBUND-ti amo MARJA (VM 10 anni in borsa) (2 lettori)

gastronomo

Forumer storico
1224772437lap.gif

Housing Prices Tumble in August as Foreclosures Reduce Values

By Kathleen M. Howley
Oct. 23 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. home prices tumbled during the 12 months ended in August as foreclosures reduced property values and a global credit crisis cut lending.
Home prices dropped 5.9 percent from a year earlier, the Federal Housing Finance Agency said today in a report. The one- month decline from July was a seasonally adjusted 0.6 percent, according to the Washington-based federal agency.
A surge of home foreclosures is reducing the value of U.S. neighborhoods because real estate prices are determined by so- called comparable sales, or similar properties nearby. Every foreclosure cuts the value of surrounding homes by about $220,000 as it stigmatizes the block and sells at a discounted price, according to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.
At the end of June, U.S. banks held $9.9 billion of foreclosed properties, up from $8.5 billion worth three months earlier, according to an FDIC report. Every three months, another 250,000 homes enter foreclosure, the report said.
A prior measure of August home prices, issued by the National Association of Realtors in Chicago on Sept. 24, showed the U.S. median sale price plummeted 9.5 percent in August to $203,100 from $224,400 a year earlier, the biggest drop on record.
The Realtors' study included all homes sold, regardless of price, while the federal study excluded properties purchased with mortgages higher than the so-called conforming loan limit. For most parts of the U.S. that maximum is $417,000, though Congress voted in February to temporarily raise the cap to $729,750 in some high-cost markets.
The volume of new mortgages used to purchase homes will drop to $911 billion this year from $1.14 trillion in 2007, the Washington-based Mortgage Bankers Association said in an Oct. 21 forecast. The annual volume probably won't rise above $1 trillion until 2010, the bankers group said.
The Federal Housing Finance Agency was created three months ago from the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight and the Federal Housing Finance Board.
The government in September seized Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the world's two largest mortgage buyers, after a surge of foreclosures threatened to topple them.
To contact the reporter on this story: Kathleen M. Howley in Boston at [email protected].
Last Updated: October 23, 2008 10:12 EDT

gastronomo

Forumer storico
1224772437lap.gif

Company Bond Risk Surges to Record on Argentina Default Concern

By Abigail Moses and Shannon D. Harrington
Oct. 23 (Bloomberg) -- The cost of protecting corporate bonds from default surged to a record on concern Argentina and Pakistan may default, worsening global economic turmoil.
Credit-default swaps on the benchmark Markit iTraxx Crossover Index surged above 800 basis points for the first time, and was trading 22 basis points higher at 813, according to JPMorgan Chase & Co. prices at 2:30 p.m. in London. Contracts on Glencore International AG, the world's largest commodities trader, jumped 248 to a record 1,111, CMA Datavision prices show.
The global slump is driving up the cost of insuring assets from Argentine government bonds to the debt of ArcelorMittal, the world's largest steel producer. OPEC may cut production for the first time in two years tomorrow as it seeks to staunch a collapse in oil prices.
``This is not just a European problem, or a U.S. problem, this is a global problem,'' said Puneet Sharma, London-based head of European investment-grade research at Barclays Capital. ``There is an increased probability of default.''
Credit-default swaps on the CDX North America Investment Grade Index of contracts linked to 125 companies in the U.S. and Canada, rose 16 basis points to 220, according to Barclays Capital.
Contracts on Computer Sciences Corp., the manager of networks for NASA and the U.S. Navy, jumped to a the highest in seven months after the company tapped $1.5 billion of backup credit lines because of ``instability'' in the commercial paper market. Credit-default swaps linked to the Falls Church, Virginia-based company climbed 42 basis points to 145, according to CMA.
WaMu Auction
Dealers in New York are holding an auction to determine the price at which contracts tied to bankrupt Washington Mutual Inc. will be settled. More than 500 banks and investors signed up to adhere to the price, which will determine how much sellers of protection must pay, according to the International Swaps and Derivatives Association's Web site. A final price, which typically is announced at about 2 p.m. in New York on auction days, will be posted at www.creditfixings.com.
The prospect of a prolonged global recession is driving up the cost of default protection on producers of raw materials. Credit-default swaps on ArcelorMittal increased 68 basis points to 674, according to CMA. Contracts on Xstrata Plc, the world's fourth-largest copper producer, jumped 102 to 675 and Anglo American Plc, the world's fourth-biggest diversified mining company, rose 92.5 to 450.
The cost to protect debt payments by 14 emerging-market governments from Argentina to Ukraine jumped 200 basis points to 1,088 basis points, according to Credit Derivatives Research LLC prices on the CDX Emerging Markets Index. Credit-default swaps on Japan's benchmark investment-grade index increased 32 basis points to a record 260, Morgan Stanley prices show.
Pension Funds
Argentina's planned takeover of pension funds heightened concern the government is headed for its second default this decade. The probability the country will fail to meet its commitments has soared to 94 percent, according to CMA data. :eek::eek::eek:
Pakistan central bank Governor Shamshad Akhtar is flying to Dubai today for talks with the International Monetary Fund on a bailout. Hungary, Iceland, the Ukraine and Belarus are also seeking assistance from the IMF to help weather the global financial crisis.
Protection Buyers
``People are seeing economies decelerating everywhere,'' said Brayan Lai, a credit analyst at Calyon in Hong Kong. ``With fear of defaults from Argentina and Pakistan, everybody is a net protection buyer in the emerging world.''
Credit-default swaps, contracts conceived to protect bondholders against default, pay the buyer face value in exchange for the underlying securities or the cash equivalent should a company fail to adhere to its debt agreements. An increase indicates a deterioration in the perception of credit quality; a decline signals the opposite.
The Markit iTraxx Europe index of contracts linked to 125 companies with investment-grade ratings jumped 13.5 basis points to 164.5, JPMorgan prices show.
A basis point on a credit-default swap contract protecting 10 million euros ($12.8 million) of debt from default for five years is equivalent to 1,000 euros a year.
To contact the reporters on this story: Abigail Moses in London [email protected];
Last Updated: October 23, 2008 09:39 EDT

Sharnin 2

Forumer storico
Giovedì 23 Ottobre 2008, 16:09
Crisi: Roubini, rischio chiusura mercati

I mercati finanziari potrebbero essere chiusi per una settimana o più. A dirlo, Nouriel Roubini, l’economista che aveva previsto l’attuale crisi già nel 2006. Lo riporta Bloomberg citando le parole pronunciate dall’economista durante una conferenza tenutasi a Londra. Roubini ha chiarito che la misura potrebbe essere presa dalle autorità politiche in risposta al diffondersi del panico sui mercati.

shabib

Forumer storico
Giovedì 23 Ottobre 2008, 16:09
Crisi: Roubini, rischio chiusura mercati

I mercati finanziari potrebbero essere chiusi per una settimana o più. A dirlo, Nouriel Roubini, l’economista che aveva previsto l’attuale crisi già nel 2006. Lo riporta Bloomberg citando le parole pronunciate dall’economista durante una conferenza tenutasi a Londra. Roubini ha chiarito che la misura potrebbe essere presa dalle autorità politiche in risposta al diffondersi del panico sui mercati.

Splendida amica , mi piacerebbe sapere alla riapertura che Kaiser succede,poi :rolleyes::lol: se non vengono prese misure internazionali volte a bloccare la moltiplicazione della moneta da parte di strutture che non sono le banche centrali , sara' inutile.....:rolleyes:

Sharnin 2

Forumer storico
Splendida amica , mi piacerebbe sapere alla riapertura che Kaiser succede,poi :rolleyes::lol: se non vengono prese misure internazionali volte a bloccare la moltiplicazione della moneta da parte di strutture che non sono le banche centrali , sara' inutile.....:rolleyes:
Perchè, io lo so? :-?

ROUBINI: PANICO E FALLIMENTI HEDGE FUNDS, ALERT CHIUSURA MERCATI
di WSI
Allarme dall'economista Nouriel Roubini. Centinaia di fondi falliranno e i governi saranno costretti a chiudere i mercati per almeno una settimana. Gli operatori fuggiranno da qualsiasi investimento.
Centinaia di fondi hedge falliranno e i governi saranno costretti a chiudere i mercati per almeno una settimana a causa della crisi finanziaria che spingera’ gli operatori a stare lontani da qualsiasi forma d’investimento. Ad affermarlo e’ l’economista Nouriel Roubini, professore alla New York University.

"Abbiamo raggiunto una situazione di puro panico" ha affermato Roubini, che aveva previsto correttamente la crisi finanziaria 2006, durante una conferenza a Londra. "Ci sara’ una massiccia fuga dagli investimenti, salteranno centinia di hedge funds".

Nelle scorse settimane si e’ assistito ad un taglio coordinato dei tassi d’interesse da parte dei governi a livello globale, sono stati varati piani di salvataggio sulle banche nel tentativo di contenere l’impatto della crisi. "Il rischio sistemico sta divenendo sempre piu’ grande. Non stupitevi se i governi decideranno di chiudere i mercati per una o due settimane nei prossimi giorni" ha continuato Roubini.

Roubini ha sottolineato, secondo quanto riferisce Bloomberg, che la situazione sta peggiorando sopratutto per i mercati emergenti. "Ci sono una dozzina di mercati emergenti che si trovano in guai finanziari molto severi", ha precisato Roubini, sottolineando che "anche un Paese piccolo può avere un effetto sistemico sull' economia globale". Proprio oggi i tassi interbancari nei Paesi emergenti sono saliti ai massimi da sei anni per via del fatto che la Bielorussia si è aggiunta all' Ungheria, all' Ucraina ed al Pakistan nel chiedere aiuti al FMI.

Andrea 53

Forumer storico
12247741152001042020greenspan20wall20street20interest20rates20520.jpg

incredibile che ancora riesca a far muovere i mercati :titanic:

vi saluto oggi fatti 1k di dollari sul sp500 .....basta adrenalina chiudo :ciao:

Metatarso

Forumer storico
ROUBINI: PANICO E FALLIMENTI HEDGE FUNDS, ALERT CHIUSURA MERCATI
di WSI
Allarme dall'economista Nouriel Roubini. Centinaia di fondi falliranno e i governi saranno costretti a chiudere i mercati per almeno una settimana. Gli operatori fuggiranno da qualsiasi investimento.
Centinaia di fondi hedge falliranno e i governi saranno costretti a chiudere i mercati per almeno una settimana a causa della crisi finanziaria che spingera’ gli operatori a stare lontani da qualsiasi forma d’investimento. Ad affermarlo e’ l’economista Nouriel Roubini, professore alla New York University.

"Abbiamo raggiunto una situazione di puro panico" ha affermato Roubini, che aveva previsto correttamente la crisi finanziaria 2006, durante una conferenza a Londra. "Ci sara’ una massiccia fuga dagli investimenti, salteranno centinia di hedge funds".

Nelle scorse settimane si e’ assistito ad un taglio coordinato dei tassi d’interesse da parte dei governi a livello globale, sono stati varati piani di salvataggio sulle banche nel tentativo di contenere l’impatto della crisi. "Il rischio sistemico sta divenendo sempre piu’ grande. Non stupitevi se i governi decideranno di chiudere i mercati per una o due settimane nei prossimi giorni" ha continuato Roubini.

Roubini ha sottolineato, secondo quanto riferisce Bloomberg, che la situazione sta peggiorando sopratutto per i mercati emergenti. "Ci sono una dozzina di mercati emergenti che si trovano in guai finanziari molto severi", ha precisato Roubini, sottolineando che "anche un Paese piccolo può avere un effetto sistemico sull' economia globale". Proprio oggi i tassi interbancari nei Paesi emergenti sono saliti ai massimi da sei anni per via del fatto che la Bielorussia si è aggiunta all' Ungheria, all' Ucraina ed al Pakistan nel chiedere aiuti al FMI.
questa stronzata sta facendo il giro del mondo, su Bloomberg continua a passare, lo hanno fatto sentire al telefono che lo diceva...
Roubini ha rotto i pall... ormai è dappertutto come il prezzemolo... secondo me, come minimo, si è sovraesposto... e, come massimo, il suo hedge fund è short :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto