Obbligazioni perpetue e subordinate Tutto quello che avreste sempre voluto sapere sulle obbligazioni perpetue... - Cap. 3 (10 lettori)

Cat XL

Shizuka Minamoto
Ne ben vengano di questi post "provocatori". :bow:

Il CBR , mi sembra, sia un tuo vecchio pallino da attenzionare.

Cambio la tua domanda : il mercato ne è consapevole ?

C'e' anche il MDA (Maximum Distributable Amount) una volta che il CRB non e' stato rispettato che limita dividendi, cedole su AT1 e Tier 1 vecchi e addirittura compensazioni in termini di bonus.

Troppi investitori sono focalizzati sul trigger event, ossia quando che succede se il Core Equity Tier 1 (CET1) finisce sotto una certa soglia.

Quando ci sara' il primo skippaggio di cedola vedrai che si comincera' a differenziare tra emittenti.

Occhio

DinoP

life is good
pensavo, nella mia ignoranza, che COCO e AT1 fossero la stessa cosa, ma non è così, giusto? chiedo solo se potete postare le differenze principali
il coco può essere convertito in azioni e l'AT1 no?
il grado di rischio è molto diverso?

un ringraziamento a chi mi chiarisce.

Rottweiler

Forumer storico
Ciao Dino,

ti rispondo con un'altra provocazione:

"Con l'entrata in vigore della BRRD, anche i seniors si possono considerare CoCo's!" :)

Se ci pensi è così...

Non è possibile distinguere tra CoCo's e AT1 in assoluto, visto che le due dizioni (Contingent Convertible e Additional Tier 1) nascono da angoli visuali diversi.

I primi fanno riferimento ad un meccanismo di conversione in titoli azionari al verificarsi di un certo evento, ma non fanno necessariamente riferimento al riconoscimento in quanto capitale T1.
Tant'è che vi sono CoCo's classificati come T2.

I secondi, invece, guardano esclusivamente alla eligibility come capitale di prima classe (T1). Per essere tali a pieno titolo, devono contenere la trigger clause e pertanto devono essere CoCo's.

La ragione per cui anche i seniors si possono considerare CoCo's nasce dal fatto che l'evento scatenante la conversione invece di essere inserito nel prospetto (clausola contrattuale) è fissato da una legge (clausola statutaria).

Confusing?:)

Cat XL

Shizuka Minamoto
Anche i tedeschi hanno le loro Banca delle Marche

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a2b56c96-19a4-11e5-a130-2e7db721f996.html#axzz3hsUAOXyd

July 29, 2015 5:05 pm

HSH Nordbank’s fate set to be decided by EU and Germany

James Shotter

5409f580-e419-4f1d-b985-8b6655bfcfe3.img
©Bloomberg HSH Nordbank is one of the world’s biggest providers of shipping finance

Crunch time is approaching for HSH Nordbank. In the coming months, authorities in Brussels and in Germany will decide how to deal with the Hamburg-based lender, which is still grappling with the fallout of the financial crisis.
What to do with the bank has been complicated by the political involvement in regional banks.
http://www.ft.com/nbe

As one of the world’s biggest providers of shipping finance, HSH found itself in trouble in 2008 after the financial crisis sparked a collapse in global trade, which in turn caused billions of euros worth of maritime loans it had extended to go bad.
After six years of restructuring, the bank’s non-core unit houses €36.2bn of assets, €9.7bn of which are shipping loans. A further group of shipping loans that the bank kept in its core business have also gone bad. In all, the bank has about €15.9bn in non-performing loans.
The bank’s problems do not stop there. In 2009, it was rescued by Hamburg and Schleswig Holstein, the two north German states that between them now own 85 per cent of it. Yet the cure has proven only marginally less painful than the disease.
In exchange for a €10bn guarantee — which the bank has not yet drawn upon, but will have to use between 2019 and 2025 — HSH has to pay a fee each year. Since 2009, this arrangement has cost HSH €3.2bn, of which €2.4bn has been paid in cash — a steady outflow that is throttling its attempts to return to normality.
“They could continue like this for years, but it wouldn’t make them a viable bank,” says Roger Schneider, from Fitch, the rating agency. “They can’t build up capital because of the fees they have to pay. Something has to change, that’s pretty clear.”
This recognition is gaining traction, and the European Commission and HSH’s owners have recently been looking for a better solution.
At the centre of the talks is a quid pro quo under which some of the bank’s toxic assets are transferred to a special purpose vehicle, which is most likely to be owned by Hamburg and Schleswig Holstein. In exchange, the €10bn guarantee — and the fees HSH must pay for it — would be reduced.
The commission and the European Central Bank — which is not party to the negotiations, but is taking an interest in its new role as European banking supervisor — would like as many toxic assets to be transferred as possible, according to people familiar with the situation.
The Commission, Hamburg and Schleswig Holstein confirmed that they were in talks to find a solution, but declined to comment further. HSH and the ECB also declined to comment.
A complete transfer would allow the guarantee to be removed, which would give the bank the ability to fund itself competitively and without which its prospects are bleak.
c12dd5a8-35df-11e5-bdbb-35e55cbae175.img

The problem is that this is politically difficult. The transfer of assets to the special purpose vehicle will have to be done at market prices. Even if the illiquidity of the market for some assets allows some room for interpretation, the losses that HSH is likely to realise will trigger Hamburg’s and Schleswig Holstein’s guarantee, potentially costing the owners billions of euros.
As a result, a compromise involving a transfer of some but not all toxic assets — running into the double-digit billions of euros — is being considered. In exchange, the guarantee would be reduced, but not removed, according to people close to the situation.
Other scenarios, including winding down the bank altogether, have also been discussed. However, a complete wind-down of the bank is the least likely scenario, one person says, because it would remove any chance of recovering much value from the troubled assets.
“The key questions are how do they find a solution that doesn’t impose too much of an additional burden on the owners, and how do they avoid another state aid discussion,” says Mr Schneider of Fitch.
Earlier this year, there had been hopes that a deal could be reached before the summer. But it is now likely that the final decision on HSH’s future will have to wait until the autumn.
“At the moment I have low confidence of a final deal before the break. But there needs to be one sooner rather than later,” says one person involved. “It’s a game of political strength. Ultimately, it’s a question of what Berlin can achieve in Brussels.”

Ultima modifica:

DinoP

life is good
Ciao Dino,

"Con l'entrata in vigore della BRRD, anche i seniors si possono considerare CoCo's!" :)

Se ci pensi è così...

Non è possibile distinguere tra CoCo's e AT1 in assoluto, visto che le due dizioni (Contingent Convertible e Additional Tier 1) nascono da angoli visuali diversi.

I primi fanno riferimento ad un meccanismo di conversione in titoli azionari al verificarsi di un certo evento, ma non fanno necessariamente riferimento al riconoscimento in quanto capitale T1.

I secondi, invece, guardano esclusivamente alla eligibility come capitale di prima classe (T1). Per essere tali a pieno titolo, devono contenere la trigger clause e pertanto devono essere CoCo's.H

La ragione per cui anche i seniors si possono considerare CoCo's nasce dal fatto che l'evento scatenante la conversione invece di essere inserito nel prospetto (clausola contrattuale) è fissato da una legge (clausola statutaria).

Grazie rot, gentilissimo
Confusing just a little:)
Alla fine il coco diventa un denominatore comune, e se una banca andrà male
Il salvataggio sarà un problema dei clienti ed investitori.

Prima era la banca che voleva sapere tutto del sui propri depositanti , ora dovrà essere la banca a spiegarmi bene i suoi bilanci per avermi come cliente...:D

Ultima modifica:

negusneg

Ciao Dino,

Se ci pensi è così...

I secondi, invece, guardano esclusivamente alla eligibility come capitale di prima classe (T1). Per essere tali a pieno titolo, devono contenere la trigger clause e pertanto devono essere CoCo's.

Per essere precisi, la trigger clause può prevedere la conversione in equity o il taglio del nominale (write down), permanente o temporaneo.

Non tutti gli AT1 devono essere coco, quindi.

londonwhale

Forumer storico
In tema di sub, oggi buy Vicenza 8.5% 2018 ammort IT0004781073: un buon 5.5% di rendimento per un bond che rimborsa in tranches annuali

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto