Titoli di Stato area non Euro ARGENTINA obbligazioni e tango bond (4 lettori)

tommy271

Forumer storico
Prima hai scritto che "emette ordine di sequestro su conto nym".
Mi ero "perso" l'emissione di quest'ordine (oppure, detto in modo più esplicito, quest'ordine non c'è mai stato).
La sentenza di Griesa è un po' più sottile, non ha detto che sequestrerà la somma bensì che pagare solo parte dei creditori (e non gli HO) verrebbe considerato "contempt of court" e che questo coinvolge non solo l'Argentina ma anche i payment agents (BNY, Euroclear, ecc.)
Quindi (senza essere un esperto di diritto americano) mi pare che l'ordine di restituzione sia coerente con la sentenza.
Ora la mossa tocca all'Argentina, che può cercare l'accordo con Singer o cercare di eludere l'ordine di Griesa p.e. tramite default tecnico e swap dei nuovi bond da NY-law in local law.

La soluzione, in teoria c'è ... un accordo con gli hedge fund ed attendere la scadenza nel 2015 della RUFO ... e procedere poi al pagamento agli holdouts.

Il problema sono le "garanzie" che dovranno dare i ladrones.
C'è da fidarsi? :-o

Lo swap con il cambiamento della law determina certamente il default con il conseguente pagamento dei CDS.
Qui si gioca un'altra partita.

Ultima modifica:

fabriziof

Forumer storico
Ultima modifica:

tommy271

Forumer storico
Domani, secondo previsioni, l'Argentina andrà in default tecnico.
Oggi è stata convocata una riunione dell'OEA (organizzazione degli stati americani) al fine di analizzare la situazione.
Restano ampi margini di trattativa entro i prossimi 30 giorni.
L'atteggiamento di Buenos Aires continua a restare poco conciliante.

tommy271

Forumer storico
Oggi l'Argentina è virtualmente in default tecnico ... il grace period è di 30 giorni, durante i quali i "ladrones" dovranno scendere a patti con gli hedge fund ... se non vorranno fare un nuovo default.

Il primo incontro si terrà il 7 luglio, ma l'aria che tira non è buona.

Intanto i titolari di bond in euro hanno chiesto al Tribunale di NY di escluderle dal blocco di Griesa, in quanto non soggette alla sua giurisdizione (così dicono).

A breve, non c'è da aspettarsi nulla... anche se arriveranno - come mosche - le agenzie di rating e al loro seguito i sottoscrittori dei CDS.

tommy271

Forumer storico
Argentine Debt Team to Meet With Mediator

Nation has 30-day Grace Period to Avoid its Second Default in 13 Years

By Ken Parks and
Nicole Hong

Updated June 30, 2014 10:06 p.m. ET

BUENOS AIRES—Argentina said Monday night that it will send a delegation to meet with a court-appointed lawyer on July 7 as it tries to resolve a dispute with a small group of creditors that could see the South American country default for a second time in 13 years.

Argentina's long-running battle with hedge funds in U.S. courts entered a critical phase after U.S. District Judge Thomas Griesa on June 27 blocked the country from making $539 million in interest payments that were due on some of its bonds Monday.

Argentina will likely default if it can't get that money to bondholders before a 30-day grace period expires in July. The judge has ruled that Argentina must pay the hedge funds that are suing to collect on defaulted bonds at the same time it pays investors who own bonds the country issued after its 2001 default.

Monday's announcement marks the first time that Argentine officials are set to meet with Daniel Pollack, the New York attorney Judge Griesa named last week to oversee negotiations between the two sides.

Argentina's Economy Ministry said it intends "to negotiate in fair, equitable and legal conditions that take into account the interests of 100% of its creditors."

The news comes shortly after one of the holdout creditors, Elliot Management Corp., said that the country has refused to negotiate any aspect of the dispute. There have been no negotiations and no negotiations are under way, Elliot said.

Attorneys for both parties participated in conference calls hosted by Mr. Pollack on Friday and Saturday that apparently made little progress. Those calls followed a visit to New York last Thursday by Economy Minister Axel Kicillof, who spoke at the United Nations about Argentina's fight with the hedge funds before boarding a return flight to Argentina.

Argentina defaulted on about $100 billion of its debt during an economic crisis in 2001. The country in 2005 and 2010 offered holders of the defaulted bonds new, heavily discounted debt in exchange. Between the two swaps, investors agreed to exchange almost 93% of the defaulted bonds.

However, hedge funds led by Elliott's affiliate NML Capital Ltd. and Aurelius Capital Management LP decided not to tender their bonds and instead sued for full repayment. So far, they have won about $1.5 billion in the courts after years of litigation.

Argentine officials have refused to pay the holdouts in full, arguing that a settlement would trigger billions of dollars in claims by other creditors and bankrupt the country. Argentina has virtually run out of legal options to appeal the ruling after the U.S. Supreme Court on June 16 denied its appeal and left in place Judge Griesa's decision that Argentina must treat its different groups of creditors equally.

President Cristina Kirchner's government has accused Mr. Griesa of favoring the holdout creditors and trying to push the country into default.
Jorge Capitanich, Mrs. Kirchner's cabinet chief, said earlier Monday that Argentina might put its grievances before unnamed international organizations.

—Shane Romig contributed to this article.
Write to Nicole Hong at [email protected] and Ken Parks at [email protected]

tommy271

Forumer storico
Questi venti di default lasciano i mari argentini curiosamente calmi... ammetto che mi aspettavo qlc onda in più.

In effetti, nonostante le apparenze (cioè i prezzi di mercato) la situazione appare tranquilla.

Le cedole, in scadenza il 30.06, non sono state ancora pagate. L'Argentina avrà tempo altri 30 giorni, prima che venga dichiarato il default.

Nel frattempo proseguono le schermaglie con gli Hedge Fund. Al momento non vedo progressi apparenti.

L'Argentina potrebbe cambiare la piazza di pagamento, aggirando così Griesa.

Comunque, non sfugge il fatto che se paga 1,5 MLD ... arriveranno alla carica altri 15 MLD ... dimezzando le riserve.
Poi c'è la clausola RUFO, ma potrebbe essere aggirata ... se c'è un accordo "solido" con gli hedge.

L'altra faccia della medaglia... se paga, rischia un'altra volta, il default :lol:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto