Obbligazioni bancarie MONITOR Principali banche mondiali (3 lettori)

paologorgo

Chapter 11
Mi ero perso su questa cosa, sono 4 mld in bonus che si son presi a dicembre sti farabutti...
BofA played role in $4 billion Merrill bonuses: report

I want to address several topics that have been inaccurately reported in the press. The first issue is our year end bonus payments. Our 2008 discretionary bonus pool was 41% lower than 2007. The size of the pool, its composition (cash and stock mix), and the timing of the payments for both the cash and stock were all determined together with Bank of America and approved by our Management Development and Compensation Committee and our Board.
The total bonus pool was also substantially less than the amount allowed under our merger agreement.
The second topic is the losses in the fourth quarter, which were very large and unfortunate. However, they were incurred almost entirely on legacy positions and were due to market movements. We were completely transparent with Bank of America. They learned about these losses when we did. The acting CFO of my businesses was Bank of America’s former Chief Accounting Officer. They had daily access to our p&l [Deal Journal translator: that means "profit and loss," or the statement of the bank's accounts], our positions and our marks.
Our year end balance sheet target (which we more than met) was given to us by Bank of America’s CFO. The final topic is the expenses related to my office. The $1.2 million reported in the press was for the renovation of my office, two conference rooms and a reception area.
The expenses were incurred over a year ago in a very different environment.
Nonetheless, they were a mistake in the light of the world we live in today. I will therefore reimburse the company for all of the costs incurred.
I thank all of you for your hard work and your support over the past year. I wish you all success in the future.

Memo from John Thain

Broker88

Già me lo son chiesto anch'io. Non ha senso questo distanza tra le bofa e le merrill a meno che non ci sia la possibilità per bofa di far fuoriuscire merril se diventasse ingestibile. Certo che Yhain è riuscito a vendere una bella sola...

Intanto impazzano i rumors su bofa e citi, e qualcuno prevede che una grossa banca nonostante tarp etc non potrà essere salvata.

Cosa? :eek:

E dove l'hai sentita sta cosa?

Non darmi ste notizie a bruciapelo per favore...

Che mink. significa che non la salvano?
BofA e Citi sono i due giganti, a confronto Lehman era 'na ciofeka :specchio::specchio::specchio:

Broker88

Big Banks Hoarding TARP Funds: Why Not Just Nationalize Them?

Posted Jan 26, 2009 12:35pm EST by Aaron Task in Investing, Banking Related: JPM, BAC, C, BCS, RBS, XLF, ^DJI

To nationalize or not to nationalize banks is the key issue griping policymakers on both sides of the Atlantic right now. By taking a bigger stake in Royal Bank of Scotland last week, U.K. officials took a big step toward fully nationalizing their banks, although Barclays show of strength today is at least a half-step back from the brink.
In America, the Obama administration and Congressional Democrats are "dancing around" the issue, which The New York Times calls "one of the most politically delicate questions about the financial bailout."
Horse-hockey, as Sherman T. Potter used to say on M*A*S*H.
Nobody (or only a scant few) wants to see the government take control over the banking system, which would signal the end of market-based capitalism as we know it.
But the reality is we have a creeping form of nationalization going on already via the initial injection of capital into big banks, and the intense government oversight of how banks operate that is almost certain to accompany TARP II (and III and IV) funds.
Meanwhile, banks are mainly just sitting on the TARP funds, as The Wall Street Journal details. But that's what you'd expect them to do given they (still) have to please private shareholders and maintain sufficient capital to appease their federal regulators. (Yes, on the one hand Uncle Sam is giving banks money and saying "lend", and on the other hand telling them they better hold enough capital to meet regulatory requirements.)
Right now we seem to have the worst of both words, neither free market capitalism nor full government control. I don't understand why policymakers:

• Seem to think continuing the TARP program is a good idea, even with strings attached. (Isn't doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result the definition of insanity?)
  • Aren't giving the Swedish Solution - where banks are forced to write-down bad debt before they get government capital - more serious consideration.
  • Don't do a better job explaining how FDIC receivership will accomplish many of the same goals as nationalization - clearing out bad loans and getting the banking system running again - but avoids using the "n-word," as well as more permanent government ownership, which is what people really fear.

Imark

Forumer storico
Questo report di Fitch sull'andamento del comprato bancario europeo contiene molti spunti interessanti, uno dei quali, riguardanti i bond subordinati e perpetual, mi ha spinto ad un intervento nel 3D dedicato a questi titoli ... qualcosa ancora vorrei estrapolare per commentare qui...

Per ora vi posto il report per intero...

Allegati

• Banking EU 2009 outlk neg jan 2009 Fitch.pdf
    382,8 KB · Visite: 229

METHOS

Forumer storico

BofA e Citi sono i due giganti, a confronto Lehman era 'na ciofeka :specchio::specchio::specchio:

Sono solo rumors al momento. Rumors che comunque riecheggiano, si parla di una grossa banca usa in forte difficoltà nonostante il tarp etc. Però al momento fonti certe o attendibili non ne ho quindi pendila come una chiacchera da bar ne più ne meno. L'unico segnale è di non abbassare la guardia, non possono nemmeno nazionalizzare tutto. Aig, fannie e freddie sono già polpette avvelenate

yellow

Forumer attivo

;) C'è anche Wells Fargo ( che sta facendo indigestione con l'ultima mangiata Wachovia )

Comunque Citigroup preoccupa assai nonostante tutto:titanic:

Broker88

Nazionalizzare tutto non si può pena drammatica svalutazione del dollaro e totale perdita di fiducia nella solvibilità degli USA, mollarne una grossa farebbe danni svariate volte superiori a quelli fatti da Lehman e significherebbe perdite ancora più grandi per quelle rimaste in piedi.

Soluzione?

Io non ne vedo :specchio::titanic:

Broker88

Questo report di Fitch sull'andamento del comprato bancario europeo contiene molti spunti interessanti, uno dei quali, riguardanti i bond subordinati e perpetual, mi ha spinto ad un intervento nel 3D dedicato a questi titoli ... qualcosa ancora vorrei estrapolare per commentare qui...

Per ora vi posto il report per intero...

Mark una curiosità.

Abbiamo sempre detto che le senior sono le più sicure in caso di quelche k.sino o di nazionalizzazione sarebbero le uniche a "salvarsi" mentre le subordinate rischiano grosso..

Ora, le strutturate (ad es. questa IT0006643040 di Morgan Stanley) sono assimilabili come livello alle senior oppure ci sono clausole particolari che le avvicinano alle subordinate?

yellow

Forumer attivo
Nazionalizzare tutto non si può pena drammatica svalutazione del dollaro e totale perdita di fiducia nella solvibilità degli USA, mollarne una grossa farebbe danni svariate volte superiori a quelli fatti da Lehman e significherebbe perdite ancora più grandi per quelle rimaste in piedi.

Soluzione?

Io non ne vedo :specchio::titanic:

La soluzione assomiglia vagamente al ritornello di una celeberrima canzone
:band:( Bang bang.......bang bang.... ),
nella versione USA recita " Bad banks.......bad banks.....)

Imark

Forumer storico
Mark una curiosità.

Abbiamo sempre detto che le senior sono le più sicure in caso di quelche k.sino o di nazionalizzazione sarebbero le uniche a "salvarsi" mentre le subordinate rischiano grosso..

Ora, le strutturate (ad es. questa IT0006643040 di Morgan Stanley) sono assimilabili come livello alle senior oppure ci sono clausole particolari che le avvicinano alle subordinate?

Le strutturate sono senior a meno che nella Offering Circular non siano qualificate come subordinate. Parlo su base empirica: nella stragrande maggioranza dei casi sono senior. Peraltro l'EuroTlx dà indicazione dlla natura subordinata di un'emissione, quando tale caratteristica si presenta.

Quella che indichi, valutando dalla scheda informativa dell'EuroTlx, dovrebbe proprio essere senior. Si può fare la prova del nove reperendo l'Offering Circular e vedendo lì... hai per caso cercato su Borsa Italiana ? Lo lascio fare a te, se poi hai difficoltà ... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto