Stato
Chiusa ad ulteriori risposte.

quantotanto

Forumer attivo
prima ho visto che si parlava di cumulativi con cedola sospesa: quotano senza rateo, un esempio è la UT2 di Commerzbank DE000A0GVS76; il giorno che dovessero mai ricominciare a pagare le cedole, si incassano anche quelle degli anni precedenti (senza interessi, se non erro). Non per niente quotava sui 62-64 prima dei rialzi ed ora forse è poco sotto i 70 ...

Questa potrebbe essere veramente interessante, ma non riesco a trovare il prospetto :(
In particolare mi interesserebbe sapere se ha clausole di loss absorbtion (ma non credo, essendo ut2) perché se è comunque previsto il rimborso a 100 il rendimento non sarebbe disprezzabile anche in assenza di pagamento cedole.

DanteAllemis

Nuovo forumer
A question for you, what is happening to our Perpetuals? why this sudden, general, massive, increase of yhe prices?
I think it is market-timing. Lots of investors resumed to their desks in the new year to find bonds repayed, not too many loss warning in late 2009. Now they are chasing for yield that hybrids can offer.

L altro HT1 di Coba ha fatto da quando l'ho preso quest estate + 20% non so nemmeno se paga la cedola.
L UT2 di Coba che ho preso venerdi era gia' a piu' 3% in serata.
The other HT1 of Coba has done since I took this summer + 20% do not even know if he pays the coupon.
L UT2 di Coba che ho preso venerdi era gia' a piu' 3% in serata.​
L UT2 of Coba I took Friday was already 'a more' 3% in the evening.

HT1 will pay coupon despite Commerzbank not paying due to Allianz stepping in if Commerzbank doesn't pay. Coupon will be 5,35% with upside to 6,352 in the following years if Commerzbank posts annual profits.

UT2 will not pay this year but will eventually pay for both missed coupons for 2008 and 2009 if Commerzbank posts annual profits as it is cumulative.

Se vogliamo buttare qualche cippino sui distressed bisogna svegliarsi subito, non so perche' Dante Alemmis diceva che la legislazione in germania era la piu' favorevole alle p.​
If we want to throw on some distressed cippino must wake up now, I do not know why 'Dante Alemmis said that the legislation in Germany was the most' favorable to p.
A second question for you: what is your strategy of accumulating cheap principal on distressed banks, like you did with incredible success on the on the Bayerische Land 2017?
The banking sector is not out of the woods yet. Still some bad time to come. I tend to like the safer perps, e.g. cumulative insurances that don't lose to much value in a downturn. On the other hand crises are always good opportunities to buy beaten issues cheap. One has to look at value that will recover due to state aid. I find this still in BayernLB Prefs. Sec. and Hypo Real Pref. Sec. Trust but even more in WestLB hybrids. Depfa plc might also become a lottery in the next week as the second bad-bank is announced for HRE/Depfa.
As it plays out the combination of pref. sec. and the bad-bank-law in Germany is very comforting as losses are not taken by the issues and the balance sheet gets repaired. That is still my opinion.
Of course if the crisis strikes again one has to hold these undervalued instruments for a longer period of time as risk-taking is not on everyone's mind.
So, in short: I expect more bad-news to come. Therefore I seek value and CY in safer hybrids and long-term profits from distressed banks that get state aid.

Zorba

Bos 4 Mod
I think it is market-timing. Lots of investors resumed to their desks in the new year to find bonds repayed, not too many loss warning in late 2009. Now they are chasing for yield that hybrids can offer.

HT1 will pay coupon despite Commerzbank not paying due to Allianz stepping in if Commerzbank doesn't pay. Coupon will be 5,35% with upside to 6,352 in the following years if Commerzbank posts annual profits.

UT2 will not pay this year but will eventually pay for both missed coupons for 2008 and 2009 if Commerzbank posts annual profits as it is cumulative.

The banking sector is not out of the woods yet. Still some bad time to come. I tend to like the safer perps, e.g. cumulative insurances that don't lose to much value in a downturn. On the other hand crises are always good opportunities to buy beaten issues cheap. One has to look at value that will recover due to state aid. I find this still in BayernLB Prefs. Sec. and Hypo Real Pref. Sec. Trust but even more in WestLB hybrids. Depfa plc might also become a lottery in the next week as the second bad-bank is announced for HRE/Depfa.
As it plays out the combination of pref. sec. and the bad-bank-law in Germany is very comforting as losses are not taken by the issues and the balance sheet gets repaired. That is still my opinion.
Of course if the crisis strikes again one has to hold these undervalued instruments for a longer period of time as risk-taking is not on everyone's mind.
So, in short: I expect more bad-news to come. Therefore I seek value and CY in safer hybrids and long-term profits from distressed banks that get state aid.

Thank you Dante for your valuable comments:up: and thank you for reminding us that there are more bad news to come.

Here were partying mostly with reference to ABN (XS0246487457), ING (NL0000116127 and NL0000113587), DPB (XS0307741917) and BPVN (XS0304963290 and XS0304963373), which were our year end favorites.
Our favorite pics for the next week are the IRS10s (Bank Austria, DPostbank and Erste) and Alpha (DE000A0DX3M2).:)

Mais78

BAWAG fan club
Ragazzi, mamma che prezzi :( Volevo arrotondare le mie posizioni in ING127 e HVB di ritorno dalle vacanze e invece mi ritrovo questi prezzi...Col senno di poi devo dire che ho avuto anche un bel kiulo (e pazienza) ad entrare su queste a meta' dicembre, per non parlare delle DPBZ1 e delle DB424 prese sempre in quei giorni...

Bisogna studiare un'attimino la situazione..in alcuni casi l'equity potrebbe essere piu' interessante dei Perp dello stesso emittente...

Mi sa che in acquisto sto fermo mentre in uscita di portafoglio ci sono le Intesa323 e le Deutsche Boerse che hanno entrambe raggiunto il target, in ogni caso "finche' la perp sale lasciala salire..." quindi aspetto ancora prima di venderle, magari altri due punti sulla intesa e un altro punticino sulla DBorse riesco ancora a farlo.

Domani vi riallego l'ultima versione del nuovo foglio con le colonne che mancavano (cedola post call e cumulative copiate dal foglio del Negus) + ho scritto formulette per cash yield and YTC

nik.sala

Money Never Sleeps
Ragazzi, mamma che prezzi :( Volevo arrotondare le mie posizioni in ING127 e HVB di ritorno dalle vacanze e invece mi ritrovo questi prezzi...Col senno di poi devo dire che ho avuto anche un bel kiulo (e pazienza) ad entrare su queste a meta' dicembre, per non parlare delle DPBZ1 e delle DB424 prese sempre in quei giorni...

Bisogna studiare un'attimino la situazione..in alcuni casi l'equity potrebbe essere piu' interessante dei Perp dello stesso emittente...

Mi sa che in acquisto sto fermo mentre in uscita di portafoglio ci sono le Intesa323 e le Deutsche Boerse che hanno entrambe raggiunto il target, in ogni caso "finche' la perp sale lasciala salire..." quindi aspetto ancora prima di venderle, magari altri due punti sulla intesa e un altro punticino sulla DBorse riesco ancora a farlo.

Domani vi riallego l'ultima versione del nuovo foglio con le colonne che mancavano (cedola post call e cumulative copiate dal foglio del Negus) + ho scritto formulette per cash yield and YTC

un BENTORNATO grande come una casa al nostro aggiornatore di fiducia:party::party::party::hua::hua::hua::band::yeah::daisy::ola::sorpresa::jack::cin:

maxinblack

Forumer storico

Thank you Dante for your comments.:up: It is always interesting for us to know your opinion, and the opinions from german forums side of the "perpetual world".
I dont like to appear "lazy" to you but reading hundreds of pages on bondboard I get sometimes confused ideas.
Your posts gives us clear summary of the situation.

So just to study your suggestions, in your opinion the perpetuals from:

BayernLB Prefs. Sec.
Hypo Real Pref. Sec.
WestLB hybrids.
Depfa plc HRE/Depfa.

Still retain some upside potentiality.

With this strategy do you suggest any particular ISIN from these banks?
With long or short call?
What do you think about NIBC Perpetuals?

maxinblack

Forumer storico
Hi Max! Happy new year to you too!

I answered in the forum for everyone to see.

I try to read all in this forum but I dont understand all. I found your list of securities very interesting and tried to take a look at the austrian hybrids. Which one do you like best at current price levels?

Do you have an investmet suggestion for me?
:)

Greetings from Berlin
DanteAllemis
user_offline.gif

Caro Dante

Thank you for your suggestions, I am glad and would like to exchange with you and the forums useful investing ideas and strategies.

I prefer to answer you here, so that the other forumers can see, check, and add at what i suggest you.

The general opinions of our forum is that interest rates are at an historical low in the EU and in the US.

This happened as you know due to the enormous liquidity provided by the central banks for stimulus plans for the economy, and banking bailouts.

We reasonably expect that in the medium term the FED and the ECB will mop up this flood of cheap money and finally raise the interest rate on the both sides of the atlantic .

Believing (and hoping) that this scenario will prove right in the foreseeble future,:titanic: (Japan suggest not) it consequently make sense for an investor to take positions on perpetuals structured on variable interest rate like the IRS 10 years and similar.

This kind of perpetual emissions still trade at relatively low prices, compared to their peers on fixed rates.

Is interesting to consider that senior bond with the same structure are already at a much higher quotation.

The strategy targets are:

Protection and increase of the capital invested as the interest rates grow, reaching par if the situation stabilize.

Increasing of coupons of cash flow for whom is interested in a future rendite

Possibility of strong capital appreciation (as happened in this days,) and possible trading from emissions with better grade that exhausted their potential, to less known and more riscky emissions with low grade but possible potential of appreciation.

And this concept go "pari passu" with your strategy of buying perpetuals of battered banks like you listed in the previous post.

Some of the perpetuals that match this criteria are 4 austrian emissions:

Bank of Austria
DE000A0DYW70
DE000A0DD4K8
Two or our favourites controlled
by Unicredito with imminent recapitalization from the mother.

ERSTE FINANCE
ISIN XS0188305741

RZB FINANCE
ISIN XS0193631040

Important austrian banks with critical exposure to the eastern countries.

AXA
XS0210434782
XS0207825364
Not so cheap anymore

BOI cumulative
XS0213178295
Handle with care:V

CNP Important french insurer good rating and relatively "safe"
FR0010167247
FR0010093328 cumulative

Alpha Group (greek bank) has paid all the coupons till now
DE000A0DX3M2

AEGON all cumulative
NL0000116150
NL0000120889
NL0000121416
NL0000120004
NL0000116168 $

ABN AMRO controlled by the dutch state one of our favourite
XS0246487457

ING cumulative
NL0000116127
NL0000113587

DPB
DE000A0DEN75

RABO not cheap but AAA 8%rendite
XS0214155458
XS0217518397

BPVN (XS0304963290 and XS0304963373), has the some structure of the DPB (XS0307741917) 50K minimun lot
it trade at a discount to the DPB
BPVN is the most risky italian bank but nothing to really worry.

You find many other with the same structure that you may know on our Excel file on page 1 you just need to sort: column L cedola post call.

I hope the other forumers will add other suggestions for you, unfortunately we are at the end of the really good opportunities.

If you have questions dont hesitate to contact me via PM or in the forum. Beyond the perpetuals there are other situations going on for istance the greek bonds.

Ciao Max

Ultima modifica:

maxinblack

Forumer storico
Ultima modifica:

maxinblack

Forumer storico
Eccoli i primi 2 mostriciattoli:titanic:
Buona lettura:)

Depfa Funding II L P EO Pref SEC

WKN 916788 | ISIN XS0178243332

Depfa Funding III L P EO FLR Pref Secs

WKN A0E5U8 | ISIN DE000A0E5U85

There is a loan from Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (formerly HRE Bank AG, I use the abbreviation for a better delineation of the HRE Depfa on).

HRE XS0303478118 5,864% später 3M-Euribor+213Bp (entsprach im langfristigen Mittel 5,38%) Kündigung frühestens 2017​
HRE later XS0303478118 5.864% 3M Euribor +213 bp (corresponding to the long-term funds 5.38%), terminated earlier than 2017
attachicon.gif
HRE_XS0303478118.pdf

und drei Anleihen von der Depfa PLC.​
and three bonds of Depfa plc.

Depfa II XS0178243332 6,5% Kündigung jederzeit möglich​
Depfa II XS0178243332 6.5% terminated at any time
attachicon.gif
Depfa_II_916788.pdf
Depfa III DE000A0E5U85 10J-Swapsatz+10Bp (entsprach im langfristigen Mittel 4,65%) Kündigung frühestens 2011​
Depfa III DE000A0E5U85 10J-swap +10 bp (corresponding to the long-term funds 4.65%), terminated before 2011
attachicon.gif
Depfa III.pdf
Depfa IV XS0291655727 5,029% später 3M-Euribor+187Bp (entsprach im langfristigen Mittel 5,12%) Kündigung frühestens 2017​
Depfa IV XS0291655727 5.029% later 3M Euribor +187 bp (corresponding to the long-term funds 5.12%) terminated earlier than 2017
attachicon.gif
Depfa IV.pdf

Alle nehmen nicht am Verlust teil, was ihre Kündigungswahrscheinlichkeit wie oben erwähnt erhöhen dürfte.​
All rights not to be part of the loss that her resignation will likely increase as above mentioned.
Vom Zinssatz erscheint mir höchsten die Depfa II in einem Umfeld gesunkener Risikoprämien für Banken kündigungswürdig.​
The interest rate seems high Depfa II kündigungswürdig sunken in an environment of risk premiums for banks.
Etwas schwieriger ist die Frage, ob die HRE oder eine der Depfas das bessere Investment ist.​
Somewhat more difficult is the question of whether the HRE Depfas or one of the better investment.
Beide Banken sind 100%ige Töchter der HRE Holding, die wiederum komplett dem Bund gehört.​
Both banks are 100% owned subsidiaries of HRE Holding, which belongs entirely to the federal government.
Ein Ergebnisabführungsvertrag besteht bei beiden nicht.​
A profit transfer agreement does not exist for them.
Ich gehe eigentlich davon aus, dass beide Banken saniert und am Ende wieder verkauft werden, eventuell aber getrennt.​
I actually assume that both banks rehabilitated and sold again in the end will be, but eventually separated.
Bei der HRE ist die staatliche Unterstützung im Zweifelsfall größer, da dieser Teil mit seinen vielen Pfandbriefemissionen für den deutschen Finanzmarkt wichtiger ist.​
When the HRE government support in case of doubt is greater, since this part is important, with its many mortgage bond issues for the German financial market.
Allerdings scheinen hier auch die größten Probleme zu liegen.​
However, here also seem to be the biggest problems.

[[(...Text entfernt, bitte oben lesen, falls Interesse)]]]​
[[(... Text removed, please read above if you're interested)]]]

Es gibt aber einen gewaltigen Nachteil der Depfa-Anleihen.​
But there is a huge disadvantage of Depfa bonds.
Während auf die HRE-Anleihe bei einem ausreichenden Gewinn eine Ausschüttung erfolgen dürfte, steht dies bei den Depfa-Papieren auch bei ausreichendem Gewinn im Ermessen des Vorstandes.​
While expected to be placed on the HRE bond with a sufficient profit to a payout, this is fully in Depfa papers also when there is sufficient profit in the discretion of the Board.
Pflicht wird sie nur, wenn andere gewinnabhängige Zahlungen wie Dividenden erfolgen.​
Duty will only be made if other profit-related payments such as dividends.
Da die Depfa PLC komplett im Besitz der Holding ist, dürfte sie aber in den nächsten Jahren nicht unbedingt ein Interesse an Dividendenzahlungen haben, wenn man so die Kosten für die Ausschüttungen auf die Anleihen spart (aktuell wären das immerhin 62,6 Mio. jährlich).​
Since the Depfa PLC is fully owned by the holding company, but it is likely in the coming years do not necessarily have an interest in dividend payments, if one saves the cost of payouts to the Bonds (currently would be the least 62.6 million per year) .
Es besteht also ein erhebliches Risiko, dass die Depfa PLC auch bei einem möglichen Gewinn die Anleihen noch längere Zeit nicht bedient.​
So there is a significant risk that the Depfa plc serves not even at a possible profit of the Bonds or longer.
Dieses strukturelle Risiko hebt in meinen Augen, die Bilanzvorteile kurzfristig nahezu auf, mittelfristig wird es sogar zum Nachteil, da beide Banken hoffentlich irgendwann saniert sind.​
This structural risk raises in my opinion, the financial benefits of short-term almost up, even to the detriment of the medium, as both banks are hopefully restored some day.
Man ist hier sehr stark von den Interessen der Aktionäre abhängig.​
It is very heavily dependent on the interests of shareholders.
Deshalb habe ich bei der IR der Depfa PLC angefragt, welche Faktoren neben dem Gewinn eine Rolle für die Entscheidung spielen würden.​
I have therefore asked the IR Depfa plc, which factors play a role in addition to the profit for the decision would be.
Die Antwort werde ich dann hier einstellen.​
The answer, I will then set this.

Ein bisher nicht erwähnter Nachteil der HRE-Anleihe ist ihre Stückelung von 50.000.​
A previously mentioned disadvantage of the HRE is their bond denomination of 50,000.
Bei Kursen von zuletzt 18 relativiert sich diese zwar (Mindesteinsatz von 9.000 Euro).​
When relative prices of the last 18 recoveries, although (minimum of 9,000 euros).
Allerdings kann man dann nach einem Kursanstieg auch wieder nur komplett aussteigen.​
However, you can then get out after a price rise again only complete.
Ein sukzessives reduzieren und damit eine Risikosteuerung des Portfolios ist also erst bei deutlich größeren Positionen möglich.​
A successive decrease and thus a risk management of the portfolio is possible only at much larger positions.
Alle anderen Anleihen (auch von der IKB) haben 1.000 Stückelung.​
All other loans (including IKB) have 1,000 denomination.

Unterm Strich kann ich aktuell eigentlich nur die HRE-Anleihe empfehlen als langfristiges Investment für Leute mit tiefen Taschen.​
Bottom line, I can really only the HRE currently recommended as a long-term investment loans for people with deep pockets.
Bei der Depfa warte ich noch auf die Antwort der IR-Abteilung.​
When Depfa I'm still waiting for the response of the IR department.

Guter Tipp, Torman, mittlerweile steht die HRE über 30!​
Good tip, Torman, now is the HRE over 30!
Treibend sind hier ganz klar die demnächst stattfindende Bad-Bank-Auslagerung bis 22.01.​
Impelling are quite clearly the upcoming bad bank storage until 22.01.
Aber auch bei den Depfa Fundings, hat sich in den letzten Tagen viel getan.​
But even with DEPFA Funding has done in recent days much.

916788 mittlerweile 15 Geld.​
916,788 now 15 money.
Vor einiger Zeit notierte die sogar über dem HRE Trust.​
Noted some time ago that even above the HRE Trust.
Zeitweise war die 916788 dann für 11 zu bekommen.​
At times it was getting 916,788 for 11.
Seit einigen Tagen gestiegene Volumina, kaum noch Brief und steigende Kurse.​
For several days, increasing volumes, barely letter and rising prices.
Demgegenüber hat die A0E5U8 noch Nachholbedarf, steht knapp 12 Geld.​
In contrast, the A0E5U8 still has pent-up demand, which is close to 12 money.

Es wird sich zeigen, dass die Kombination Pref.Sec und Bad-Bank (SPV) höchst positiv ist.​
It will be shown that the combination Pref.Sec and Bad Bank (SPV) is very positive.
Abspaltungsverluste ziehen dabei keine Herabschreibungen nach sich (Pref.Sec.) und Verluste des abgespaltenen Portfolios werden "aus dem an die Anteilseigner auszuschüttenden Betrag" getragen und triggern mE eine Bedienung der Hybride.​
Elimination of losses under the pull of no Herabschreibungen (Pref.Sec.) And losses of the portfolio will be split off from the amount to be paid to the shareholders and triggered MUs to service its hybrids.
[Bei der HRE natürlich eher als bei der Depfa plc].​
[In the HRE of course, more than Depfa plc].

Das Bad-Bank Gesetz ist mit der EU durchverhandelt, hier ändert sich nichts mehr.​
The bad bank law is durchverhandelt with the EU, this will change anything.
Und etwaige Auflagen zur Verlustbeteiligung laufen aufgrund der Struktur Pref.​
And any requirements to run due to the loss sharing structure Pref.
Sec.​
Sec.
in die Leere.​
into the void.
Es bleiben harte Auflagen zur Schrumpfung der HRE, die allerdings die Mittelfristige Möglichkeit zur Hybrid-Bedienung nicht gefährden.​
There remain severe constraints to the shrinkage of the HRE, but not to jeopardize the possibility of Medium-hybrid operation.

Besondern im Bezug auf die Unklarheit der konkreten Ausgestaltung der Bad-Bank-Auslagerung ein spekulatives Investment.​
Particular in relation to the ambiguity of the concrete embodiment of the bad bank swap a speculative investment.

Gallo Cedrone

Forumer storico

Bentornato Mais :) il tuo foglio è mancato...:D

Stato
Chiusa ad ulteriori risposte.

Users who are viewing this thread

Alto