Stato
Chiusa ad ulteriori risposte.

solenoide

Forumer storico
Ma che noiosi sempre a parlare di questa faida DPB contro BPV:)

Guardate piuttosto questa:

ISIN: XS0207764712
Quota 56%
Emittente: Banca Federale du Credit Mutuel
Nominale: 1 euro
Percentuale: 1.000 (tutti gli ordini devono essere multipli di 1000)
Data di emissione: Dicembre 3, 2004
Rating BBB+
Cedola: 4%
Cedola:post call CMS 10 anni 0,10%, ridotta a 8%
Interessi: semestrale il 15 giugno e il 15 dicembre
Possibile Call coppia Dicembre 15, 2014 (e probabilmente ogni anno dopo, non ho potuto essere confermata)

Non ho trovato il prospetto, ma secondo miei calcoli spannometrici rende alla call 20,59% usando l'applicazione renditerechner di Onvista perche io di calcoli sono negato.

Ma per me e' interessante pagare 58% un tier 1 che paga l'euribor a 10 anni + 10 punti. Visto che i tassi sono ai minimi, il corso e rendimento non potranno altro che salire come abbiamo gia' detto di altre P similmente strutturate.

Negus sto cominciando a ragionare sulle P se dico ca.....te scrivimelo im M.P.:lol:

e' uno dei primi prospetti che ho letto , non l'ho mai presa in considerazione perche' e' non cumulativa e con loss absorption , inoltre l'unica volta che ho guardato il loro sito avevano appena chiuso l'anno in perdita:)

sopratutto non mi piace la clausola di reinstatement.
Ci vogliono almeno due fiscal years positivi consecutivi per recuperare in tutto o in parte l'eventuale loss... (pagina 18 del prospetto)

Vet

Forumer storico
e se va a 50? sei in grado di reggere lo stress?
se l'hai comprata perche' ci credi, che ti importa della quotazione? e' una perpetua..si sa che oscillano
se l'hai comprata perche' pensavi andasse a 80...allora l'hai presa per fare trading
La prima regola del trading e' la DISCIPLINA
entro a 70 perche' deve andare a 80, ma se scende a XX, vendo
si chiama STOPLOSS
e' doloroso ma va deciso fin dall'inizio se l'operazione va stoppata, o se la si tiene qualunque cosa succeda
Io l'ho scritto tante volte. chi entra adesso, rischia GROSSO
si viene da una salita ripida e rapida.
uno storno e' normale
Chi conosce lo strumento, sa reggere allo stress psicologico
CHi, come me, e' entrato tra marzo e giugno, e quindi ha raddoppiato il capitale, grazie ai gain, puo' soppportare oscillazioni piuttosto ampie ed uscire anche molto in basso senza rimetterci il capitale, ma solo i gains accumulati
Quindi ognuno valuti la propria situazione perche' ci si puo' fare MOLTO MALE

Mah?? l'applicazione dello stop loss nel campo obbligazionario , anche se parliamo di obblig. particolari come le perp. , non c'è lo vedo molto opinione personale naturalmente.....oltre a l'estrema difficoltà di applicarlo praticamente.........poi ritengo che un obblig. P vada presa con prospettive diverse da altri settori del mercato finanziario

paologorgo

Chapter 11
Hello! I am new to this board and I don't speak italian well. Please tell me if I am welcome nevertheless.

Greetings from Berlin,
DanteAllemis

Ciao DanteAllemis,

on behalf of the guys here, welcome. :up:

Hope you can follow our conversations, even if your Italian isn't perfect. I guess you'll have to deal with the fact it would be hard to convince everybody to turn to English or German here... ;)

Just out of curiousity, any other forum you've found/you're following about perpetuals, etc (any language)?

angy2008

Forumer storico

Topgun1976

SCusa TOP io parlavo di chiusura serale del mercato ISMA (che francamente ho verificato di persona più attendibile con i prezzi di IW dove lla maggior parte di noi acquista)...poi francamente terrorismo dire intorno ai 60 e lua tua qutazione 62......mi sembra una parola grossa.....poi buona notizia del pagamento cedola di dpb che francamente ora come ora mi sembra la notizia più importante........con amicizia VET:)

Ciao Vet:);) Non ce l 'avevo con te in Particolare,ma il Modo con cui alcuni utenti,scrivono di Perpetue.Come Crollo Discesa Libera ecc........Aizzando Panico Inutile;)

Questo mi dà Fastidio:D Se pensi che da Ott08 a Marzo 09 Siamo passati da 100 a 30 .......questa per me è una Discesinainaina......:D

Ciao Friend;)

Topgun1976

Mah?? l'applicazione dello stop loss nel campo obbligazionario , anche se parliamo di obblig. particolari come le perp. , non c'è lo vedo molto opinione personale naturalmente.....oltre a l'estrema difficoltà di applicarlo praticamente.........poi ritengo che un obblig. P vada presa con prospettive diverse da altri settori del mercato finanziario

Daccordissimo,se penso a Marzo tutti quelli che hanno usato lo Stop si sono Mangiati le Mani,...

L'importante sulle P è che la cedola venga Pagata,poi dove vanno poco Importa.
Sono titoli da cassetto ,Soldi da non Considerare x Anni

Topgun1976

Certo, pero' BNP e' piu' retail mentre DB e' piu' investment bank.

Come mai MPS e non Antonveneta? Non e' meglio la seconda?

De Gustibus:D A me Piace d+ la 8%,Sono un Amante del Tasso Fisso

Cmq a Parte Dpb abbiamo la Stessa visione,io del Gruppo Unicredit ho Pure Hvb ,tu Ba

Mi spiace solo non Poterti Contrastare:Dcon SQ:(:rolleyes::):lol:

DanteAllemis

Nuovo forumer
WestLB $ hybrid and bad-bank-split

hi, you are welcome and thank you for your suggestion.

Hello bosmeld, thanx for your reply! Also thanx and hi to maxinblack!

I am intrested with this bonds of westLb .
we've already asked some question to the Investor relation of the bank.
the investor relation said that if they will close the year in loss, no coupon will be paid, and they will also use the loss absorbtion option....
It is important to know if there will be any cost with the new plan.
in particular they want to give €85 billion of asset to the bad bank . but i don't now if there will be any cost over it....anyway i already have the two silent participation of the bank....

i hope that they will continue to pay, but i am not sure over it.

i don't know why, but in my mind i also think that maybe they will close the year with a big loss, because of the cost of the rescue plan.

As known, the bond will still pay in december 09.
And you are right, the most important question is if there will be losses due to the split of WestLB and WestLB-bad-bank. As far as I read the ad-hocs, there might be losses in 2009 due to the split but only up to a maximum of about 3 billion Euros. The rest of the losses of the toxic assets are to be burdened by the owners (Sparkassen and Land NRW) but not by WestLB itself! The IR confirmed that the hybrids are staying in whole at the WestLB-Good bank! This is very positive for the future outlook for the WestLB-good-Bank and of course the hybrids.

But it gets even better: In the ad-hoc about the split there was no mentioning of a certain or possible loss due to the split. Under german laws one has to make any loss public as soon as it is known ("ad-hoc-publizitätspflicht"). Therefore, one could argue, no big losses should arise from the Split. [If a loss is announced one could seek court action if one bought after the ad-hoc, with very good prospects, imho.]

however the price in this moment is really very actractive

Yes, indeed. I have made up two scenarios:

bad case: Loss because of split of 3 billion in 2009; downwriting of the hybrids due to loss participation to (9,6-3)/9,6= 68%. So no coupons in 2010 and 2011 (coupons depend on the balance of the preceeding year). Upwriting of the hybrids to 100% and coupons from 2012 on, otherwise there will be no dividends or payments on the pari-passu SoFFin-silent partnership, remember WestLB has to be sold until 2012...
Therefore the hybrids could trade at 60%-80% at the end of 2013 (with then a current yield of 10%-13%)
Alternative calculation for present values: 8% of a downwritten 68% are 5,44%. With a current yield of 11% the hybrid should trade at 49%, but if one substracts two coupons that might not be paid one settles at 49%-2*5,44% = ca. 38% at which it is almost trading today. remember: This is the bad case.

good case: No loss in 2009 in WestLB due to the split (all losses on toxic assets in following years in the bad-bank for which the WestLB has to pay only a fraction and over a long time), but still a small loss overall. So no coupons in 2010, but from 2011 on. The hybrid should trade at 60%-80% already in 2010 with a current yield of 10%-13%.

[Of course one should not speculate on a call in 2011 or coupon payments in 2010].

One more thing on the the price-relation of the $ and the € hybrid: In absence of call fantasies and currency phobias the $ hybrid should trade about a relative 33% higher than the € hybrid, due to the higher coupon. Currently, the $ hybrid trades lower than the € hybrid, which is strange to me.

this part of your topic is very interesting

they are pari passu with the new silent partnership of the german Bank-rescuing agency SoFFin

i read that the Soffin can change is silent partecipation in shares.

"The SoFFin will in a first step take a silent participation to the value of €3billion in the WestLB core bank which from 01.07.2010 can be converted to shares."

but if they take the silent partecipation, i think they will like to receive coupon, and if they pay coupon to the soffin in turn they will pay us.

Right, that is one more upside to the hybrids. By the way: Same is true for all Commerzbank hybrids and teh SoFFin silent partnership.

DanteAllemis

Nuovo forumer
WestLB $ hybrid and bad-bank-split

Welcome on board DanteAllemis :benvenuto: :titanic:

Unfortunately most of us cannot read in german (maybe ferdo is the only one who can :D) so we don't really know how the bad bank german law works.

We understand that there is a strong pressure of the European Commission towards banks that received strong public support, in order to avoid coupon payments and early redemptions whenever the rules of the issue makes it possible.

Since the two hybrids you mentioned are non-cumulative I think there is a high risk that coupon payments can be waived, at least until WestLB is not able to register a net profit in its balance sheet and pay back the support it received from the government.

I wish I'm wrong...

Hi negusneg, thanks for the kind welcome!

German bad-bank law is very favourable to hybrid bond holders. There is a mandatory stop to dividends for banks that set up a bad-bank but not to payments to hybrids! Also unlike in Austria (as seen with kommunalkredit bank) all hybrids stay with the good-bank - they don't get split up.

You are right about the European Commission and its move against coupon payments of banks that took state-aid. But consider that this only holds for non-mandatory payments. Mandatory payments have still to be made, and this hopefully will be the case for WestLB from 2012 on. The good-bank WestLB will be profitable after this split up and therefore coupons have to be paid. There is nothing the Commission could do about that. Still, I would expect no coupon for 2010 and even 2011. But also with two coupons lost these hybrids are very attractive. For comparison, the 5,5% hybrid of Hessische Landesbank trades around 60. Considering the higher coupons while accounting for max. 2 coupons lost, there is some upside potential for the WestLB.

Also remember that good things come from the EU-Commission: State Aid to WestLB was only allowed because the owner agreed to selling the bank in 2012. Before that the bank balance sheet has to be cleaned up and the bank has to post profits. The Bad-bank-efforts are in part due to this goal of privatizing the bank.

Greetings to Italy from Berlin!

Imark

Forumer storico
scusa Mark ma non resisto, scommetto che hai cambiato opinione e che sei felicissimo di non aver potuto acquistarle :D

Italease Step Up 30.09.2008 - Pagina 7 - Forum di Finanzaonline.com

Ciao Solenoide, come hai fatto ad indovinare ? :D :D

In effetti, è andata così, e hai fatto benissimo a riportare a galla quelle considerazioni ... :up:

Personalmente, non mi ero reso conto della esposizione a leva del sistema bancario, degli asset problematici allocati fuori bilancio, dell'effetto determinato dai titoli delle cartolarizzazioni nel deteriorare progressivamente la qualità patrimoniale delle banche...

Non mi ero reso conto del clamoroso fallimento dei meccanismi di controllo pubblicistico sull'attività bancaria rispetto all'obbiettivo di evitare l'assunzione di rischi eccessivi nell'attività di investment banking... ;)

Probabilmente, se avessi vissuto da investitore una delle significative crisi bancarie del passato, avrei subdorato più rapidamente cosa andava a succedere...

PS: mi è venuto ora il dubbio - rileggendo il tuo messaggio - che tu non ti riferissi alle perpetual bancarie in generale, ma specificamente a questa citata nel tuo messaggio... confermo di non aver "approfondito" l'analisi né dell'emissione, né dell'emittente, e che la mia valutazione espressa sopra non voleva essere di disincentivo a chi invece intendesse comprare questa perpetual... semplicemente non ho elementi sufficienti per una valutazione... ;)

Ultima modifica:
Stato
Chiusa ad ulteriori risposte.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Alto